Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Did Washington and Jefferson maintain control over those businesses while in office, or did they cede daily operations to a 3rd party?  (Note to reader:  "3rd party" doesn't mean "friends and family".)

My guess is that they did maintain control. And while the historical context might imply intent, it seems a huge stretch that it would invalidate part of the Constitution. And the trading of commodities is a long ways from relying on the support of a foreign adversary to build a business in his country.

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I've been wondering if the Dems wouldn't be better off slow-playing any significant release of Mueller's findings until closer to the Republican primary.  Let them ride the Trump train until it gets so close to the election that any damaging info (and potential impeachment proceedings) render an alternative candidate virtually impossible to elect.

They need to seal an indictment pretty much now, then release the Mueller report, hold investigations to basically publicize every indictable facet of this and push for impeachment while spotlighting GOP senators to see where they stand. If they get any flips, impeach away and count votes.

This must be speed tracked because the Russians are in America deep, and so is Trump. They will steal another election, fire Mueller and bury his report.

No time to waste.

It shouldn't surprise anyone, but this was the sentence BEFORE the one Trump quoted from Isikoff:

"In broad strokes, Christopher Steele was clearly onto something, that there was a major Kremlin effort to interfere in our elections, that they were trying to help Trump's campaign, and that there was multiple contacts between various Russian figures close to the government and various people in Trump's campaign,” Isikoff said.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 2

Guys, no one does better crimes than me, OK? I'm like, the best at crime. I hate to say it, but no one is as good as I am at crime. It's not nice, I know, and they're gonna hit me. They're gonna hit me. They're dishonest and they're gonna hit me, but it's true, I'm the best at it. Nobody crimes like me. Nobody.

51 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

feel bad for fed workers who have been feeling the market and may miss some paychecks around the holidays

Raises hand.

My significant other has to work Christmas Day, with the looming prospect of no idea when she will get reimbursed.

(Obligatory it won't hurt us immediately, we have savings, yada).

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Those roaches will survive this as well, they always do 

They will.  But gawdalmighty, isn't it amazing to watch a formerly legitimate political party gleefully plunge headlong into becoming a cult of personality for a narcissist wannabe autocrat?  I mean, from a Shining City on a Hill to Banana Republic in a flash -- that's fucking impressive, any way you look at it.

And they'll be fine, because that's what their base wants.  The Republican Party is no more.  There is only the Party of Trump.  The POT.

1 minute ago, plimon said:

How would this work for Kasich? Would he have to run as an Independent?

Bingo.

'Cause he ain't getting any help from the RNC from now on for a Presidential bid.

That's the other thing.  The RNC has gone full #MAGA.  There is no going back, or going with a different candidate, etc.  Oh, someone (Flake, Kasich) could try to primary Trump as a R, but that person isn't getting any help from the RNC.

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They will.  But gawdalmighty, isn't it amazing to watch a formerly legitimate political party gleefully plunge headlong into becoming a cult of personality for a narcissist wannabe autocrat?  I mean, from a Shining City on a Hill to Banana Republic in a flash -- that's fucking impressive, any way you look at it.

And they'll be fine, because that's what their base wants.  The Republican Party is no more.  There is only the Party of Trump.  The POT.

Can you imagine the reaction any of the long dead cold warriors would have to the state of the "I'd rather be Russian than democrat" GOP...

What did they do, they'd ask?

Well they elected a black guy. And they tried to elect a lady. And gays are getting married. And "Happy Holidays". And 2 emails.

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

To cross post this from the Russian thread:

11 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/allies-of-vladimir-putin-funneled-money-to-senior-republicans-hR1nirIpK0-Au1Xg74novg/?utm_source=Amplify&utm_medium=Intellectualist&utm_campaign=Twitter&utm_term=Cheri

Allies Of Vladimir Putin Funneled Money To Senior Republicans

A close look at public campaign finance reports reveals a network of Russian oligarchs increasingly contributing to top Republican leadership in recent years, according to Dallas News.

And thanks to the Supreme Court's ruling on Citizens United in 2010, the donations are perfectly legal.

The Russian billionaire is one of the U.K.'s wealthiest, with an estimated net worth of $20 billion. Prior to the 2016 election season, Blavatnik's political donations were bipartisan and meager.

In 2015-16, everything changed. Blavatnik's political contributions soared and made a hard right turn as he pumped $6.35 million into GOP political action committees, with millions of dollars going to top Republican leaders including Sens. Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham.

It is unclear why Republicans would knowingly accept donations from such contributors, particularly after Russia's attempt to interfere with the presidential election was known:

Two weeks after the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence issued a joint statement in October 2016 that the Russian government had directed the effort to interfere in our electoral process, McConnell's PAC accepted a $1 million donation from Blavatnik's AI-Altep Holdings.

The PAC took another $1 million from Blavatnik's AI-Altep Holdings on March 30, 2017, just 10 days after former FBI Director James Comey publicly testified before the House Intelligence Committee about Russia's interference in the election.

They are circling the wagons.  They got greedy and are about to get exposed.  Their only hope are the trumpturds revolting to save their beloved orange dictator.  While on the surface those donations are legal, there is some dirt being done to deserve those contributions.  It all hinges on sanctions and weakening our country through dividing us.

13 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

To cross post this from the Russian thread:

They are circling the wagons.  They got greedy and are about to get exposed.  Their only hope are the trumpturds revolting to save their beloved orange dictator.  While on the surface those donations are legal, there is some dirt being done to deserve those contributions.  It all hinges on sanctions and weakening our country through dividing us.

One of the many fucked up things about these two things (Party of Trump & dirty Russian money) is that any investigation or evidence can be spun as just partisan politics and "deep state" since the guilty party is, well, one of the two major parties.

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So it has come to this.  The RNC has fully capitulated to Trump:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/trump-machine-swallows-rnc-1067875

This is great news.  An American political party has pledged fealty to a conman and embraced the brazen corruption of this current administration. There's no turning back if this happens. The GOP is done, the only question is when.