Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So, question.  I thought being an asshole and calling assholes assholes was part of the surly mantra.  Are we going the way of whale cunt?  I thought threats of violence were the only posts that got one banned, outside of the no politics rule.   Just want a little clarity. 

There is a thread in About The Board dealing with this issue. Long and short is that @blacklab and @immamac don't want too much personal back and forth (or at least is my understanding). More asshole calling than usual in these parts. I suspect if I were to call someone an asshole in a random football or recruiting thread then it would be as ok as it normally is, but for better or worse these are different threads.

For example, even that in that thread it is pretty kosher to call female posters cunts with fat asses and all is cool. But this thread is different.

Edited by Serak The Preparer

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm still trying to figure out where I'm supposed to stand on the pallets of bricks issue. It's all so confusing.

I don’t think standing on a pallet of bricks is going to protect you from covid. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

My dad died when I was 14.  And left me basically nothing.  Well he did leave me and my siblings some mineral interests.  Which his brother stole.  

I can’t wait one day to inherit all this money you think I’m going to get.  

i owe you an apology. i had you pegged as a guy whose only prism of life was his own wealth.  

25 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes.  Life is very good.  I’m always an optimist though.  Still prospering.  I’m 42 and could retire now. 

oh, hey.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

There is a thread in About The Board dealing with this issue. Long and short is that BL and the other powers that be don't want too much personal back and forth (or at least is my understanding). More asshole calling than usual in these parts. I suspect if I were to call someone an asshole in a random football or recruiting thread then it would be as ok as it normally is, but for better or worse these are different threads.

Is that you Karenbamachick?

The Episcopal Bishop of DC is outraged. She said that the President created the photo op at ST Johns without permission and outraged the sanctity of the church and the churchyard with violence and profaned the Bible and abused sacred symbols of Christianity. 

She’s talking to you, [mention=791]Iconoclast Texan[/mention]

Exactly this. It was one of the most anti-Christian acts I’ve ever seen before.
The sanctity of the church was just profaned by violence and the Bible blasphemed for a photo op, and you’re blaming the clergy of your church. Your worship appears misdirected.

I'm still trying to figure out where I'm supposed to stand on the pallets of bricks issue. It's all so confusing.

Well, see, if we want gals who are built like a brick shithouse, we need more bricks.

36 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes.  Life is very good.  I’m always an optimist though.  Still prospering.  I’m 42 and could retire now.  Wife is still hot.  Kids are prospering.  I’d say a 9 out of 10 overall.  

You?

Pretty similar, except the American version. 

25 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I’ve never understood why this is thrown around as an insult. The Revolution was ethically ambiguous and most people were just caught up in the middle. Something we’d do well to remember.

I have been personally impacted by charlatans selling a bill of goods to foment revolution. That experience is why I’m right wing and will fight to defend the status quo with my life. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I miss the days when we all hated each other for not taking covid seriously. Refusing to wear masks and not believing next week we would be Italy.  Those were the days 

Hey, here's a tidbit to cheer you up - they're not using tear gas in DC. It's Lysol. For the COVID. 

55 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

So not trying to put words in your mouth, but is it fair to say then that you support a decision to tear gas a crowd that might get violent but has not actually gotten violent?

But you see, he wants there to be violence. He has obvious authoritarian tones, they live for this shit. Law and order. Fascists love to hide behind that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SDG said:

Anyone have confirmation on this?

Google does:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/06/01/ex-iu-football-player-chris-beaty-shot-killed-during-indianapolis-protests-george-floyd/5306757002/

Chris Beaty, 38, was the kind of person whose friends would’ve looked to him now, a beacon of positivity in a difficult time. A bridge builder and a community cornerstone. A three-time state champion at Cathedral who played four years of football at IU. An entrepreneur and an ambassador, in the words of his friends, for the city he loved. Someone who found a friend anywhere he went and counted them seemingly everywhere across the city he loved, the city that made him. 

He was shot multiple times and pronounced dead at the scene. A friend said Beaty lived in a nearby apartment building. It was unclear as of press time whether IMPD had made an arrest in a shooting that blanketed the city in grief....

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

got tear gassed in Ft. Collins, Colorado in April of 1997. Good times. 

I've experienced both tear gas and a taser.  I'll take a taser shot anyway of gas; it took hours for my sight to fully come back.  

1 hour ago, Deej said:

got tear gassed in Ft. Collins, Colorado in April of 1997. Good times. 

Only ever got pepper sprayed during a fight at a bar. Bouncer was aiming for me but missed mostly. Prolly 90% of the stream hit some bystander square in the face, lol. Oops!

AUSTIN, Texas — Austin Police Chief Brian Manley spoke to the media Monday afternoon regarding the weekend protests in Austin. In his address, Manley discussed a few incidents where protesters were struck with "less-lethal" rounds by Austin police. 

The chief discussed three incidents in which protesters were struck by non-lethal police fire: a man in his 20s who is in critical condition, a teenage boy and a pregnant woman.

"I'm crushed. I've cried a few times today," the police chief said. "This was two very young people that we believe are from our community but regardless of what community they are from .... one is, at least, fighting for their life and the other one has been seriously injured, as well. That is not what we set out to do as a police department. That was not what we set out to do this weekend. Again, we were trying to come out and protect their First Amendment right."

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/austin-texas-protest-chief-brian-manley-speaks/269-904cf6f3-e619-44ed-ab31-0582508e9c04

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-riots-cleanup/2020/06/01/405bd576-a41e-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

Where riots raged decades ago, shopkeepers again clean up shattered glass

...The smashed windows of a Tiffany & Co. and a Bobby Van’s Steakhouse at the center of downtown. Plywood over the windows of an Apple store, its entrance marked with graffiti that read “Capitalism is Murder...”

...The damage was not limited to downtown, extending several miles into normally tranquil residential neighborhoods including Georgetown, Cleveland Park, Tenleytown and Friendship Heights, where packs of looters had broken into a gas station, a liquor store, drugstores, a TJ Maxx outlet and the upscale Mazza Gallerie shopping mall.

“We all got pretty scared,” said Nolan Rodman, 30, referring to the moments before looters threw a chair through the window of his family’s eponymous, 65-year-old supermarket and drugstore on Wisconsin Avenue NW.

The thieves stole bottles of wine, pills, blood pressure medication — anything they could stuff into their backpacks. “These kids were idiots,” Rodman said Monday after the store had reopened. “They didn’t know what they were doing. They were young and dumb...”

...Anwar Saleem, 65, is the head of H Street Main Street, a business association for the resurgent corridor in the city’s Northeast quadrant that was devastated during the 1968 riots, an event he witnessed as a youngster.

Over the past two decades, Saleem has helped to revive H Street, which is now one of the city’s trendiest neighborhoods, rife with gourmet food markets, bars and pricey restaurants. In the past couple of days, eight H Street businesses have been vandalized, including a CVS and a Starbucks, and six others owned by African Americans.

“We worked hard to rebuild H Street — it took 60 years,” Saleem said. “For people to come down to destroy what we rebuilt is disingenuous. These people are not protesting anything. These folks are burglars...”

...On 15th Street NW, Joseph Smith, the longtime owner of Bobby Van’s, asked his staff to board up his well-known steakhouse — but mainly for appearances. Looters, a morass of 200 to 300 at a time, according to surveillance video, had hit the restaurant Saturday and Sunday. Little remained to steal.

“What they didn’t take, they broke,” said Smith, estimating more than $100,000 in damage and cataloguing a list of losses that included computers, televisions, wine cabinets and all the liquor.

“These people were just animals bent on destruction,” he said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

The restaurant had reopened Friday night after a three-month novel coronavirus shutdown, a separate catastrophe that forced Smith to furlough 400 employees. On that first night back, all 40 dining slots — the maximum allowed under the city’s social distancing restrictions — filled up within an hour. Customers ate and chatted at outdoor tables in the warm and humid air.

A few hours after a second crop of customers arrived Saturday night, the looting began. The restaurant will remain closed for at least the next couple of days.

“I don’t know what we pay taxes for,” Smith said. “We’re not getting any protection....”

• Like 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

From someone that found themselves basically retired at 36, the answer is: it’s painfully boring hanging out with your family and 70 year olds every day.

You’re doing wrong, dipshit. Ever heard of hookers and blow?

Or at least golf?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, the looting is happening. FYI, these are NOT protesters. They are opportunists and complete cunts.

https://go.citizen.com/PtGXE2nIY6

Inexcusable to set the curfew so late at 11pm.  The governors, feds, and many of the mayors have been conferencing with each other, and one of the recommendations was to implement early curfews.  LA County did that Sunday night, and it helped reduce the mayhem.  DC didn't, and it did not go well.  DC learned their lesson and went with 7pm tonight.  Why didn't NYC?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

My bad it was Ataturk who you consider a hero. Not really an improvement.

After Churchill he was the greatest leader of the 20th Century. Saved his country from being divvied up and was a great modernizer and reformer. I will be making a pilgrimage to the Anitkabir in Ankara in my trip to Turkey next year.

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Only ever got pepper sprayed during a fight at a bar. Bouncer was aiming for me but missed mostly. Prolly 90% of the stream hit some bystander square in the face, lol. Oops!

Was visiting Colorado School of Mines. We went to Ft. Collins for College Days. Cops freaked out over the size of the pretty calm crowd. 

Edited by Deej

Inexcusable to set the curfew so late at 11pm.  The governors, feds, and many of the mayors have been conferencing with each other, and one of the recommendations was to implement early curfews.  LA County did that Sunday night, and it helped reduce the mayhem.  DC didn't, and it did not go well.  DC learned their lesson and went with 7pm tonight.  Why didn't NYC?

Bad leadership.

6 minutes ago, leaf said:

Fox 11 in Los Angeles has been showing the police chase looters

with Dr. Drew as the expert ATM.

edit:  I see the peaceful protesters in Riverside built barricades and are tossing fireworks and bottles filled with who knows what. 

Riverside has some pretty cool Spanish architecture.

Edited by clapclapclap