OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

texifornia

16 minutes ago, quigley said:

Why is Wiley bad? Could Wiley have improved between his UT and OU tenure?

Wiley was bad because he over trained the players getting them muscled up and they would lose flexibility and have a lot of soft tissue injuries. A lot of muscle pulls. Of course, he also had to deal the the Mad Dog bullshit and the S&C was a clusterfuck during late term Mack Browntion.

1 hour ago, quigley said:

All 3 of the 2019 5-star WR recruits are now gone. Wease had 45 catches for 666 yds. Haselwood had 23 for 337 yds. These are the career stats for both players. Neither displayed great separation ability or hands. Haselwood was a good down-field blocker. Best of luck to them both.

I’d gladly take them both. The last OU transfer WR you said was mediocre went to Miami and broke all of their single season receiving records.

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Wiley was bad because he over trained the players getting them muscled up and they would lose flexibility and have a lot of soft tissue injuries. A lot of muscle pulls. Of course, he also had to deal the the Mad Dog bullshit and the S&C was a clusterfuck during late term Mack Browntion.

OU didn't have that. In fact, LB change of direction improved and injuries were generally minimal. Quickness didn't really get better. Overall, I thought he was ok.

7 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

I’d gladly take them both. The last OU transfer WR you said was mediocre went to Miami and broke all of their single season receiving records.

Not just Rambo. Jaylon Robinson caught 55 passes for 979 in 2020 for UCF. I don't think he had a single catch at OU.

Please tell me why Dennis Simmons is considered a good WR coach.

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Brown and Lamb.

Brown was a JUCO kid who came into OU with speed you can't coach. He mostly just took the top off of defenses at OU and didn't have many other tools. Lamb was naturally talented and had 807 yard receiving as a true freshman. Lamb's later development can primarily be attributed to his weight room gains IMO. I can't name a receiver who got better under Simmons. The ones who performed well during his tenure performed well in their first year at OU and most stayed the same or seemed to regress. Haselwood and Wease both looked better as true freshmen than at any point after that. I'd take both if I were a program in need of experience at WR, but I would have significantly higher expectations for Wease than Haselwood, assuming Wease has maintained his athleticism after the injuries.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/is-roy-manning-recruiting-for-both-lincoln-riley-and-oklahoma

This story is awesome. Lincoln Riley must be the most petty, devious, vindictive bitch on the planet, although I can't figure out why in the hell he's so mad at the place that promoted him to head coach with a ready made championship level roster/program and paid him one of the highest salaries in college football. He is completely burning down that place on the way out. And hopefully putting USC in hot water at the same time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crash_davis said:

lulz. OU is going to get uppity with following the rules?

OU's Rivals guys said one of the reasons Riley left was because he hated how strict OU's compliance department is. They said reporters for other teams can't believe all the compliance stuff OU teams are subject to. Supposedly OU has compliance people at every practice making sure the team is off the field at the exact moment mandated by the NCAA. They won't even allow the practice to go two minutes over time to allow the team finish on a good rep. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what OU's Rivals guys reported in their emergency podcast on Sunday. If you enjoy hearing upset OU reporters/fans roast on the program, you'd enjoy the episode.

That's certainly not to say there aren't boosters or coaches who find a way around the compliance department though. A strict compliance department and cheating are not mutually exclusive.

6 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/is-roy-manning-recruiting-for-both-lincoln-riley-and-oklahoma

This story is awesome. Lincoln Riley must be the most petty, devious, vindictive bitch on the planet, although I can't figure out why in the hell he's so mad at the place that promoted him to head coach with a ready made championship level roster/program and paid him one of the highest salaries in college football. He is completely burning down that place on the way out. And hopefully putting USC in hot water at the same time. 

I don't know, I don't care, I just want to watch the carnage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Divided Windows said:

OU's Rivals guys said one of the reasons Riley left was because he hated how strict OU's compliance department is. They said reporters for other teams can't believe all the compliance stuff OU teams are subject to. Supposedly OU has compliance people at every practice making sure the team is off the field at the exact moment mandated by the NCAA. They won't even allow the practice to go two minutes over time to allow the team finish on a good rep. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what OU's Rivals guys reported in their emergency podcast on Sunday. If you enjoy hearing upset OU reporters/fans roast on the program, you'd enjoy the episode.

That's certainly not to say there aren't boosters or coaches who find a way around the compliance department though. A strict compliance department and cheating are not mutually exclusive.

Typically if a compliance person is at practice, it's because rules have been broken in the past and the NCAA has mandated more oversight.

13 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

Typically if a compliance person is at practice, it's because rules have been broken in the past and the NCAA has mandated more oversight.

From what I understand, it's been strict since Bomar and the others were hiding things from Compliance.  It's absolutely ironic considering the historic perception of the program, but OU Compliance has an active Twitter presence and is working their asses off.  You don't get players having to pay back an extra $4 serving of pasta at a team dinner if Compliance isn't all over every aspect they can be.

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Where's the fuckin' hit piece on blOU by FCB right now ???

5t34mj.gif

Well here's a weakass segment on blOU from FUCK CHIP BROWN

Had an interesting conversation with a high-ranking official at a Big 12 school about Lincoln Riley’s decision to leave Oklahoma for USC.

The source said, “Brilliant move by Texas taking Oklahoma to the SEC. It’s resulted in the Longhorns taking down their biggest rival. OU will not hire someone as good as Lincoln (Riley). There are only a few in his league.

“The fallout could make OU a mere shadow of the program Lincoln inherited from Bob Stoops. The new coach will have a much tougher job.”

All eyes in Norman are on OU freshman quarterback Caleb Williams, who’s waiting to find out who the Sooners’ next coach will be.

Williams single-handedly turned around a three-touchdown deficit in the Texas game, when he replaced Spencer Rattler (who is now in the transfer portal). Williams completed 62.5 percent of his passes with 18 touchdowns and four interceptions while running 72 times for 408 yards (5.7 ypc) and six TDs for the 10-2 Sooners.

(Williams’ lowlights came against two of the best defenses in the country: Two interceptions in OU’s loss at Baylor, and getting sacked six times in a 37-33 loss at Oklahoma State.)

So far, the only reaction from Williams about the news of Riley leaving for USC came in a Nov. 28 tweet:

“I appreciate all the concerns about the situation but I am also happy for Coach Riley, mama Riley, Sloan and Stella for that huge opportunity ahead. That’s all I plan to say right now! #boomer”

There’s a lot of speculation about Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables possibly returning to OU (where he served as defensive coordinator under Bob Stoops from 1999-2011) with Ole Miss offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby, an OU alum, possibly taking over Riley’s offense.

Venables’ defenses at Clemson have helped win two national titles, and the Tigers are currently second in points allowed per game (15.0) to Georgia (6.9). Ole Miss’ offense is No. 18 nationally in scoring (35.9 points per game) after finishing No. 14 last season (39.2 ppg) under Lebby and head coach Lane Kiffin.

Would a ticket of Venables and Lebby be enough to keep Caleb Williams in Norman?

The next coach’s ability to keep and continue to develop Williams could determine if OU remains an elite program or is thrust into rebuild mode.

Tailgate Trivia: Joe Castiglione, who has been OU’s athletic director since 1998, has only hired coordinators as the Sooners’ head football coach. He hired Stoops, then Florida’s defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier, in 1999 and then replaced Stoops after the 2016 season with Riley, who was OU’s offensive coordinator.   

1 hour ago, kilroydos said:

From what I understand, it's been strict since Bomar and the others were hiding things from Compliance.  It's absolutely ironic considering the historic perception of the program, but OU Compliance has an active Twitter presence and is working their asses off.  You don't get players having to pay back an extra $4 serving of pasta at a team dinner if Compliance isn't all over every aspect they can be.

It's not just perception about the $ooner$, guy

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Well here's a weakass segment on blOU from FUCK CHIP BROWN

Had an interesting conversation with a high-ranking official at a Big 12 school about Lincoln Riley’s decision to leave Oklahoma for USC.

The source said, “Brilliant move by Texas taking Oklahoma to the SEC. It’s resulted in the Longhorns taking down their biggest rival. OU will not hire someone as good as Lincoln (Riley). There are only a few in his league.

“The fallout could make OU a mere shadow of the program Lincoln inherited from Bob Stoops. The new coach will have a much tougher job.”

All eyes in Norman are on OU freshman quarterback Caleb Williams, who’s waiting to find out who the Sooners’ next coach will be.

Williams single-handedly turned around a three-touchdown deficit in the Texas game, when he replaced Spencer Rattler (who is now in the transfer portal). Williams completed 62.5 percent of his passes with 18 touchdowns and four interceptions while running 72 times for 408 yards (5.7 ypc) and six TDs for the 10-2 Sooners.

(Williams’ lowlights came against two of the best defenses in the country: Two interceptions in OU’s loss at Baylor, and getting sacked six times in a 37-33 loss at Oklahoma State.)

So far, the only reaction from Williams about the news of Riley leaving for USC came in a Nov. 28 tweet:

“I appreciate all the concerns about the situation but I am also happy for Coach Riley, mama Riley, Sloan and Stella for that huge opportunity ahead. That’s all I plan to say right now! #boomer”

There’s a lot of speculation about Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables possibly returning to OU (where he served as defensive coordinator under Bob Stoops from 1999-2011) with Ole Miss offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby, an OU alum, possibly taking over Riley’s offense.

Venables’ defenses at Clemson have helped win two national titles, and the Tigers are currently second in points allowed per game (15.0) to Georgia (6.9). Ole Miss’ offense is No. 18 nationally in scoring (35.9 points per game) after finishing No. 14 last season (39.2 ppg) under Lebby and head coach Lane Kiffin.

Would a ticket of Venables and Lebby be enough to keep Caleb Williams in Norman?

The next coach’s ability to keep and continue to develop Williams could determine if OU remains an elite program or is thrust into rebuild mode.

Tailgate Trivia: Joe Castiglione, who has been OU’s athletic director since 1998, has only hired coordinators as the Sooners’ head football coach. He hired Stoops, then Florida’s defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier, in 1999 and then replaced Stoops after the 2016 season with Riley, who was OU’s offensive coordinator.   

So other B12 schools think we moved with OU to the SEC in order to fuck them over? Like somehow we knew Riley was going to bolt? We truly are the boogie man in this conference. 

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just now, Interesting comment by Scipio Tex on HornFm -- one source said that Lincoln Riley also left blOU because he wasn't happy with the current locker room.  Probably would have seen several players portal out even if Lincoln stayed in Norman... 🤔 

I wonder how much of this had to do with Rattler being a bitch? Or maybe the players didn't like not being able to rape, pillage and assault with reckless abandon?

Lanning would be an awful hire and if OU makes that work it’s just something in the culture over there. 

That’s about as risky a hire as there is. 

1) No head coaching experience. 

2) I’m not even sure how much of Georgia’s defense is Lanning with Kirby as the HC. 

3) Lanning’s recruiting is all based on the bag game at Georgia. Is he getting that OU? 

4) How much experience does he have recruiting Texas? Georgia has dipped into Texas but I’m not sure he has an extensive history recruiting the state. 

On the surface this hire should fail. 

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Lanning would be an awful hire.  1) No head coaching experience.  2) How much of Georgia’s defense is Lanning with Kirby as the HC.  3) Lanning’s recruiting is all based on the bag game at Georgia. Is he getting that OU?  4) How much experience does he have recruiting Texas? Georgia has dipped into Texas but I’m not sure he has an extensive history recruiting the state. 

On the surface this hire should fail. 

Thought it was posted that Lanning was lead recruiter at Jawja for blOU QB Caleb Williams so may be an attempt to keep blOU roster together ??

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I guess OU can be thankful they are not Miami.  Wonder if Kirk thinks they are a cesspool (I mean, they obviously are)?

Miami's AD is apparently an oligarchy, Auburn boosters teamed up with Steele to try to mutiny Malzahn, LSU has boosters siphoning $$$ from children's hospitals, and yet our AD, helmed by three people who are here for the long haul and (by all reports) dedicated to getting football right, is widely considered to be a cesspool. Awesome.

• Hook 'Em 3