Things you really just don't get...

immortal13

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

I bought my pops one for his bday as he spends a ton of time working outside at the farm. He is officially on board. Wears them with his suspenders sometimes bc he is a fuckin PIMP. 

I tried to get my grandfather in on the secret around 23 years ago; got ONE pic of him fishing while wearing it for ONE trip (Caddo Lake) & he said he just liked his overalls better.  I don't know if I still have that shirt.

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

I'm just picturing all you 5'10" 240lb motherfuckers in your F-250s backing into parking spots wearing fishing shirts, cargo pants, and ray-bans with a pinch of mint skoal in your bottom lip spitting into a Rudy's cup. I celebrate you all...

Ya got the Ray Ban (Wayfarers of course) part right.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, brakeman said:

Probably covered here long ago but the back-in parkers can fuck-off forever and piss up a rope and feel the pissy dribble.

Close to home for me.  We recently moved my office to a new building.  I park in the oversized section of the garage.  I noticed that EVERY truck in there backs into their parking spots.  It boggled my mind because usually you'll see one or two weirdos in a parking lot do that, but EVERYONE?  Well, I finally figured out why.  I pull head in to my spot like a regular got-damned American.  When I back out I don't have enough room to turn so that I can pull out because of the proximity of the other large vehicles behind me.  So I have to do all kinds of creative shit to even back out of my space and go.  Backed in vehicles can just pull out and go because the front wheels turn and the back wheels do not.  So here it's actually kind of a necessary thing.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I'm just picturing all you 5'10" 24120lb motherfuckers in your jacked up F-250s that have never been off the pavement backing into parking spots wearing fishing shirts, cargo pants jorts, flip flops, and ray-bans with a pinch of mint skoal in your bottom lip spitting into a Rudy's cup. I celebrate you all...

fify

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Close to home for me.  We recently moved my office to a new building.  I park in the oversized section of the garage.  I noticed that EVERY truck in there backs into their parking spots.  It boggled my mind because usually you'll see one or two weirdos in a parking lot do that, but EVERYONE?  Well, I finally figured out why.  I pull head in to my spot like a regular got-damned American.  When I back out I don't have enough room to turn so that I can pull out because of the proximity of the other large vehicles behind me.  So I have to do all kinds of creative shit to even back out of my space and go.  Backed in vehicles can just pull out and go because the front wheels turn and the back wheels do not.  So here it's actually kind of a necessary thing.

ok ojo, you get a pass.

on Monday, I parked at Manor Garage on campus (the one immediately East of the stadium).  It's all open parking as far as I knew (except handicapped obviously).  So I'm looking for one of my go-to spots on the second level so you can walk out easier.  There's 8 or so brand new pickup trucks all parked along one wall in the F21 row (reserved for staff and faculty that work in DKR/Belmont). All with the dealer tags, with new parking passes, and all parked in backwards (GMC and Fords).  All sparkling new.  It caught my eye for obvious reasons.  After my meeting, asked somebody in the north end, "What's the deal with all those new pickups in the faculty parking section facing out?"  

Got the, "Oh Lobo, bless your heart.  It's good to be employed by Longhorn Athletics.  Those trucks are contract bonuses to the position coaches.  Dropped off for each of them by Ford and GMC dealerships in the area this morning."  I knew the head coach and coordinators got free cars, but didn't realize the rest of the staff got 'em too.

Moral of the story---today in that same garage, the trucks were all parked normally, front in first.  Our program is in good hands, not with savages.  Gonna be a good season! 

9 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I'm just picturing all you 5'9-1/2" 170lb motherfuckers in your Cummins Ram 2500's with a 3" lift on 33.5's backing into parking spots wearing fishing shirts, cheap Home Depot sunglasses & jeans.
I celebrate you all...

Here.

Edited by ROFL BOX
I ain't 1,700 lbs.

16 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I'm just picturing all you 5'11" 165lb motherfuckers in your F-150s backing into parking spots wearing dri-fit polo, jeans, and Oakleys with a yeti coffee mug. I celebrate you all...

Present. 

6-1/215 

13 year old truck

backed in parking today, not gonna lie

decent dress shirt on, shitty old ragged outlet store jeans

some kinda tumbler with ice water in it

decent sunglasses because I have a very bizarre prescription and my SIL is a great optometrist 

only cool thing I have going for me or my vehicle are my parking passes and lustrous hair.  

6-2, 220 +/- 5

field days: work boots, cargo pants, long sleeve fishing style technical shirt, straw cowboy hat, '95 4x lifted tacoma with oversize off road tires, park wherever/however I want as long as I don't start a grass fire. Might smoke a cig on long drives in the morning, a beer on the long drive back in evening or night.

lab days: old running shoes, cargo shorts, t-shirt, UT baseball cap (not hat morons), '03 Honda civic, pull in parking unless some asshat parks in my favorite spot which has shade after about noon or so then its pull through parking in straight, not slanted spots. Coffee/water on the drive in/home.

after five pm: tuxedo, valet parking the BMW, dry martini.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 12:37 PM, Lobo said:

6-1/215 

13 year old truck

backed in parking today, not gonna lie

decent dress shirt on, shitty old ragged outlet store jeans

some kinda tumbler with ice water in it

decent sunglasses because I have a very bizarre prescription and my SIL is a great optometrist 

only cool thing I have going for me or my vehicle are my parking passes and lustrous hair.  

Funny thing I missed the pix.  Maybe you forgot the rules..

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity infatuations.

Angelina and Brad lead the news this morning.  Who gives a flying fuck?

Kardashians?  Don't know a fucking thing about them except that they are always in the news.  Why?

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

Celebrity infatuations.

Kardashians?  Don't know a fucking thing about them except that they are always in the news.  Why?

All I know is Kim only got famous for making a sex tape with Ray J. Other than that, the Kardashians are a horrible waste of space. 

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Celebrity infatuations.

Meh. Celebrity infatuation is part of the human condition. Some people are infatuated with Earl and Vince (most on this board), others with the Ks (most of the rest of the world). 

For the record, I do NOT get the infatuation with the Ks, or the royals, or any of that nonsense. 

12 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I’m no fan of the Kardashians but they’ve clearly made a shitload of money. I don’t particularly appreciate how they did it (in fact I think it’s pretty disgusting), but they definitely did “something”.

Maybe (maybe) Kim for her sex tape nonsense, but the rest of them?  Famous for being famous.  Total bullshit.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 9:32 AM, nnm said:

Meh. Celebrity infatuation is part of the human condition. Some people are infatuated with Earl and Vince (most on this board), others with the Ks (most of the rest of the world). 

For the record, I do NOT get the infatuation with the Ks, or the royals, or any of that nonsense. 

I don’t get celebrity infatuation at all. I think Earl & Vince & all them were great players but  that’s it. I don’t care what they’re up to now & would never give a shit about getting their autograph or picture if I saw them in public. That’s weird. Same for any celebrity not named Derek Jeter or Aaron Judge. Those guys are in a class of their own and it’d be a privelege to meet them. 

Celebrity crushes are different as well in my opinion. That’s just infatuation due to appearance and not necessarily celebrity status. It’s not weird that Nina Dobrev puts the lead in my pencil for example.

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t get celebrity infatuation at all. I think Earl & Vince & all them were great players but  that’s it. I don’t care what they’re up to now & would never give a shit about getting their autograph or picture if I saw them in public. That’s weird. Same for any celebrity not named Derek Jeter or Aaron Judge. Those guys are in a class of their own and it’d be a privelege to meet them. 

So as long as it’s your favorite sports figures it ok, got it…..   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Celebrity crushes are different as well in my opinion. That’s just infatuation due to appearance and not necessarily celebrity status. It’s not weird that Nina Dobrev puts the lead in my pencil for example.

This post is hilarious.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:54 PM, Helobious said:

Derek who?

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 2:10 PM, irishtexan said:

I'm just picturing all you 5'10" 240lb motherfuckers in your F-250s backing into parking spots wearing fishing shirts, cargo pants, and ray-bans with a pinch of mint skoal in your bottom lip spitting into a Rudy's cup. I celebrate you all...

6’3”, 195#

17 fishing shirts in my closet (Magellan/Academy for the win)-TEXAS polos on game day

Pissant F150 ‘cause reasons

Cargo shorts at least 5 months of the year (prefer Duluth)

Ray Bans

Guatemalan palm “straw” hat from Sunbody in Houston

And a gun-always a gun.  Nobody has clued you in that fishing shirts are excellent for concealed carry?

Original fine cut wintergreen Skoal

I’m thinking of having “FAAFO” embroidered on my fishing shirts……..

• Hook 'Em 1