Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Conspiracy theory time. Ewers signed an NIL deal that requires him to start. UT compliance took one look and said he has to terminate the deal. Tech compliance gives zero fucks

That was proven false on r/cfb today

• Hook 'Em 1

If we actually only get Myles Brennan I will have to be done with Texas football. That’s such an unbelievably bad fallback option when there is so much more talent out there that I will just assume the coaches and athletic department are doing this intentionally. 
Same

Not to alarm anyone, but I have beef jerky marinating right now.

Low-carb style.
Let me know your recipes.
image.png.5c45d360d62ebcc428aceb8212cb0a7d.png

And I wasn’t lying about a jerky dealer, either. Kid a couple houses down from the in-laws would make and sell jerky. He’d call the wife and get an order. We’d go to the in-laws and he’d bring it by in a brown paper bag, we’d slip him the cash and he’d walk back home.

He lives out of town now, so we have to get some from his aunt who makes jerky also. His is better. He actually came through for Thanksgiving last week and called to see if we wanted any. We bought quite a bit. Dude has professional bags and everything now. Shit’s legit. Wanna try making some myself.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

And I wasn’t lying about a jerky dealer, either. Kid a couple houses down from the in-laws would made and sell jerky. He’d call the wife and get an order. We’d go to the in-laws and he’d bring it by in a brown paper bag, we’d slip him the cash and he’d walk back home.

He lives out of town now, so we have to get some from him aunt who makes jerky also. His is better. He actually came through for Thanksgiving last week and called to see if we wanted any. We bought quite a bit. Dude has professional bags and everything now. Shit’s legit. Wanna try making some myself.

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention…. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

If we actually only get Myles Brennan I will have to be done with Texas football. That’s such an unbelievably bad fallback option when there is so much more talent out there that I will just assume the coaches and athletic department are doing this intentionally. 

If it makes you feel better, there’s no source that would be in the know of the rationale behind McGuire’s decisions AND the likely transfer options for Texas.  That guy is full of shit.

7 minutes ago, Truck Norris said:

Maybe I’m just not familiar with Tech people, but the only follow i recognized on Ewers twitter that’s associated with Tech is Mahomes. Saw plenty of Texas follows, including current coaching staff.  Maybe someone else can confirm. I just don’t see a Tech connection currently.

He’s following the new Tech coach. 

I’m not disagreeing with your assessment of Sark. However, the guy could go practically ANYWHERE! If he chose Tech it was done before he left Ohio State, it wasn’t a “battle” and not a loss on Sark. Texas would have never been given a chance just like any other school.

Yup. Like I’ve said, he didn’t portal to be a free agent, he knew what he was gunna do. Sure, if Texas misses maybe put some of that on Sark and his gang for not being able to change his mind, and for contributing to this shit show, but I’d bet he already had a pretty good idea of what he was gunna do. It’s not a coincidence that all of the pieces falling around Tech (coaching hire outlook) and Texas (NIL) coincide with his entry into the portal, IMO. Maybe I’m off (possible)

28 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

1.  I can’t bring myself to believe it will be Tech instead of Texas.  Things like that just don’t happen.

2.  If he does go to Tech, at this point I will just laugh uncontrollably and take grim satisfaction in the confirmation of my beliefs that (a) this guy is a mulleted train wreck with Ryan Leaf’s arm talent and decision making skills, and (b) Sark and company are an unfathomably hapless clownshow.  

This was what I did against WVU. My wife wanted to know why I was laughing maniacally and I couldn’t tell her. Then she looked at the score and was like why are you happy if your team is losing and I just kept laughing. 

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

So to be clear, a 1.000 QB recruit hits the portal due to the jammed room at tOSU (makes sense)

He wants to make a quick decision before signing day to bring more talent with him (makes sense)

He can go basically anywhere in the country (makes sense)

...and people think he's going to go to a school that has a first time head college coach, in the big 12, without a current OC, whose recruiting is currently 7th in the big 12 and 48th overall in thr composite? (makes less than zero sense)

This seems like the biggest smoke screen in history. I can see him picking a ton of other schools vs Texas, I get that. But Texas fucking Tech? When his options include LSU, USC, OU, A&M and Texas?

He cares about earning money via NIL clearly and you think he's going to TEXAS TECH?

The football board is leaking all over the place.

TEXAS TECH? 

Why would Riley Dodge leave one of the best high school football jobs in the country for TEXAS TECH?!

That shit isn't happening.

This is all 1000% logical, but… We’re Texas.  And we’re currently on ESPN’s top headlines because our top recruiter is being sued because his girlfriends monkey bit some kid on the hand.

• Like 1

Just now, Don Hornleone said:

This is all 1000% logical, but… We’re Texas.  And we’re currently on ESPN’s top headlines because our top recruiter is being sued because his girlfriends monkey bit some kid on the hand.

It's almost like owning a monkey is a bad life decision

• Haha 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust