Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

24 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

Don’t know how to post images, but one of the larger recruiting instagrams posted something about Sark contacting Ewers and asked if a flip was possible. The top reply was from Ewers basically saying “bro what, get you some clout I guess”. Pretty tough scene

A guy who just coached the Alabama offense in a national championship needs to get some clout?  That story does not sound real unless Ewers is an arrogant dumbass.  I would have to see the post to believe it.  

42 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

Don’t know how to post images, but one of the larger recruiting instagrams posted something about Sark contacting Ewers and asked if a flip was possible. The top reply was from Ewers basically saying “bro what, get you some clout I guess”. Pretty tough scene

I don't believe you.gif

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

The implication that I'm going to flip is baseless. I begrudgingly accept that posting such things might drive clicks to your site (page? I don't know what this guy's business is). 

I’m not sure it could have been translated more clearly than this. well done. 

On 1/18/2021 at 1:38 PM, Johnny Sack said:

Simms’ arm was vastly overrated.  Because he threw every pass as hard as he could.  At the combine when they put all the QBs on the radar gun, he was right in the middle.  He did throw a pretty ball.  But his arm strength was nothing special.  

Also, Simms got to play with a much, much better supporting cast.  Roy, BJ, Sloan, Scaife, Cedric, and the OL.  

I just can’t rate a man who has as many passing TDs against OU as I do all that high.  

He was an above average college qb. That’s it.  

Reminds me of the time Phil said Andrew luck didn’t have an elite arm.  I’m sure Phil was thinking “hey my boy Chris has a much stronger arm”

I went looking around and all I found was some account called recruit247 who told Texas fans to not get their hopes up. That rivals cocksucker Farrel even commented that it could absolutely happen. There is a bunch of negative recruiting stories that Austin is shitting on ewers so he shouldn’t play for Texas lulz. The westlake players had shirts made of Ewers in a throwing motion during a game with the crying Jordan face. Fucking epic move by those kids but has zero to do with how the Longhorns feel about Ewers. If I had to guess tosu is nervous about this staff’s recruiting potential and a lot of absolute horse shit is about be used to slow down the wave haha. I like it 

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I went looking around and all I found was some account called recruit247 who told Texas fans to not get their hopes up. That rivals cocksucker Farrel even commented that it could absolutely happen. There is a bunch of negative recruiting stories that Austin is shitting on ewers so he shouldn’t play for Texas lulz. The westlake players had shirts made of Ewers in a throwing motion during a game with the crying Jordan face. Fucking epic move by those kids but has zero to do with how the Longhorns feel about Ewers. If I had to guess tosu is nervous about this staff’s recruiting potential and a lot of absolute horse shit is about be used to slow down the wave haha. I like it 

Lol no it wasn’t he torched them.

21 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He didn’t win the game or the mvp lol. All those yards passing and he managed 3 TD’s. When you beat the #1 player in the nation on one of the best teams in the state you talk a little shit man. I would anyway haha 

Nothing “fucking epic” about memeing  a guy that toasted you for 350yds and 3 TDs. Average at best.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also what is the Dodge's relationship with UT these days?  Are they on UTs side or not?  Looks like Riley was a GA a few years ago.  

You serious Clark?

Todd Dodge is a graduate and former Texas QB. Riley was raised in burnt orange and worked for Texas for a season as a QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Look, there’s only one way we get Ewers but I’m not sure we should do it. Dodge just came out with the t-rex truck which is the only truck bigger and faster than the Ford Raptor OSU bought him. If Sark cruised up to Southlake in a t-rex and dropped it off with an overly elaborate handshake and used the word bro 15 times, Ewers would commit on the spot. But careful what you wish for because with that much power under the hood and that much bleach in his tips he isn’t going to listen to any coach telling him what to do. 

Bro you tryin to fuck with tradition? We only do F250s around here.

On 1/19/2021 at 11:21 AM, Angry Gorilla said:

Granted it was a sample size of 1, but I met Major on 6th when I was in school and he couldn't have been a bigger piece of shit.  I also met Simms once on 6th and he was extremely nice.  He was also surrounded by hot chicks, while Major was hitting on a chubby girl in our group.

You’d be a insufferable piece of shit, too, if you had a bunch of people telling you that you were better than Chris Simms.

I took my 6-7 year old son and his friend (aggy parents) to DKRTMS the summer that they were lowering the field. We were outside the iron fence in the SE corner when MA and his Hispanic-looking gf (future wife?) exited the gate and stated walking toward us. I told my son that it was Major Applewhite, the Texas QB, and Major purposely avoided making eye contact. At least his girlfriend smiled at the boys. Not impressed. 

14 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Nothing “fucking epic” about memeing  a guy that toasted you for 350yds and 3 TDs. Average at best.

That game was over midway through the 3rd, Ewers racked up a bunch of numbers in garbage time. He's the best QB in the country but he did not "toast" Westlake in that game.

17 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

That game was over midway through the 3rd, Ewers racked up a bunch of numbers in garbage time. He's the best QB in the country but he did not "toast" Westlake in that game.

Carrolls defense looked like booty agreed. Also was the first half garbage time? Because he threw for 200+ and 2 TDs

Edited by Hank_Hill

14 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Look, there’s only one way we get Ewers but I’m not sure we should do it. Dodge just came out with the t-rex truck which is the only truck bigger and faster than the Ford Raptor OSU bought him. If Sark cruised up to Southlake in a t-rex and dropped it off with an overly elaborate handshake and used the word bro 15 times, Ewers would commit on the spot. But careful what you wish for because with that much power under the hood and that much bleach in his tips he isn’t going to listen to any coach telling him what to do. 

Fuck a dodge Trx. 

if we’re gonna play. Let’s play 

http://hennesseyperformance.com/hennessey-ford-velociraptor-6x6/

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:21 AM, Angry Gorilla said:

Granted it was a sample size of 1, but I met Major on 6th when I was in school and he couldn't have been a bigger piece of shit.  I also met Simms once on 6th and he was extremely nice.  He was also surrounded by hot chicks, while Major was hitting on a chubby girl in our group.

So nice guys do get the girls after all.  Im sure that an Ewers flip won’t be easy but it’s only a matter of time until he can sit down with Sark and hear about how he designed the game plan that overwhelmed OSU.  Talk about a head to head comparison.  Why do I feel like a flip is only when not if?

Edited by stork642

3 minutes ago, stork642 said:

So nice guys do get the girls after all.  Im sure that an Ewers flip won’t be easy but it’s only a matter of time until he can sit down with Sark and hear about how he designed the game plan that overwhelmed OSU.  Talk about a head to head comparison.  Why do I feel like a flip is only when not if?

The kid is a Texas fan that was even willing to commit to Mensa's shitshow, we're the home team, there's a lot of hype building with skill position recruits, and we hired a competent staff with strong recruiting chops. It'll be surprising to me if he doesn't flip honestly.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 6

13 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

You’d be a insufferable piece of shit, too, if you had a bunch of people telling you that you were better than Chris Simms.

I took my 6-7 year old son and his friend (aggy parents) to DKRTMS the summer that they were lowering the field. We were outside the iron fence in the SE corner when MA and his Hispanic-looking gf (future wife?) exited the gate and stated walking toward us. I told my son that it was Major Applewhite, the Texas QB, and Major purposely avoided making eye contact. At least his girlfriend smiled at the boys. Not impressed. 

Most of their teammates and support staff at the time would tell you the same.  Simms was a nice guy, Major, not so much

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

With Winfield and Evans (assuming he pulls the trigger) watch out for a Ewers flip. Evans is on the way. 

Zach Evans is a running back from Rockwall. Evan Stewart is the wide receiver from Frisco you're thinking of.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to a Hamilton signing day interview on ESPNU radio tonight. When asked about Ewers, he suggested the impediment to a flip could be a desire not to appear wishy washy. Also talked about the great relationship with Ryan Day and Cory Dennis. Then talked about Ewers’s familiarity with Sark and his offense from his Bama recruitment. Closed with comparing Ewers to Ehlinger growing up rooting for the horns. Suggested people would understand and cut him some slack IF he flipped back to his childhood hometown team after a coaching change...

So pretty much the narrative is planted and it’s happening. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Listened to a Hamilton signing day interview on ESPNU radio tonight. When asked about Ewers, he suggested the impediment to a flip could be a desire not to appear wishy washy. Also talked about the great relationship with Ryan Day and Cory Dennis. Then talked about Ewers’s familiarity with Sark and his offense from his Bama recruitment. Closed with comparing Ewers to Ehlinger growing up rooting for the horns. Suggested people would understand and cut him some slack IF he flipped back to his childhood hometown team after a coaching change...

There's a whole lot of Sooners in his family, too, fyi

14 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

This is why I think he doesn't flip... because he doesn't want to be viewed negatively.  Texas fans were sad when he decommitted.. but were upset when he committed to tosu, knowing Herman was going to get replaced.  And the tosu ig recruiting accounts were doing the narrative of Ewers/tosu vs Klubenik/UT during the state championships.

I would welcome him back no doubt, but I just don't think he will actually do it, because he wants to save face.

12 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

This is why I think he doesn't flip... because he doesn't want to be viewed negatively.  Texas fans were sad when he decommitted.. but were upset when he committed to tosu, knowing Herman was going to get replaced.  And the tosu ig recruiting accounts were doing the narrative of Ewers/tosu vs Klubenik/UT during the state championships.

I would welcome him back no doubt, but I just don't think he will actually do it, because he wants to save face.

Any recruit who makes a potentially life-changing decision based on whether or not people will be mean to him on Twitter doesn't have the mental makeup to be successful on the big stage imo.

Note that I don't think Ewers falls into that category. By all accounts Day and Dennis (shocker) did a very good job recruiting him. That's why he has stuck around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

Ewers could give two shits what fans and recruiting guru's think. 

43 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's not a decommitment. It's a recommitment. There's a huge difference.

Look, Cumsteen, I'm with you. We need to bring him home. We collectively need to put in more work to this Ewers or Bust thread. Right now, it feels like a sad reminder of the Urban thread. Like where the fuck is @Nicole44 anyway? How many weeks have passed since @RGBIII smoked anything? @derpyhorndog needs to start tracking all flights from Southlake to Austin NOW and monitoring that twitter. Hornfromdallas or whatever the fuck his new sock is needs to post some vague pics of old ass bitches riding in an old ass plane while we're at it. Let's send THIS BITCH to the moon to show QE we want him home. Fuck GME and AMC. QE or bust. BDE!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, TexasEx said:

Look, Cumsteen, I'm with you. We need to bring him home. We collectively need to put in more work to this Ewers or Bust thread. Right now, it feels like a sad reminder of the Urban thread. Like where the fuck is @Nicole44 anyway? How many weeks have passed since @RGBIII smoked anything? @derpyhorndog needs to start tracking all flights from Southlake to Austin NOW and monitoring that twitter. Hornfromdallas or whatever the fuck his new sock is needs to post some vague pics of old ass bitches riding in an old ass plane while we're at it. Let's send THIS BITCH to the moon to show QE we want him home. Fuck GME and AMC. QE or bust. BDE!

Checking in with old reliable plus Hawaiian style jalapeño glazed pork belly

5F2DCC69-25DC-493D-B882-3809D0A314C4.jpeg

FA75411B-3E90-4181-B5AC-8A2810DC0948.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 7

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust