Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

10 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Don't be an ass, man.

Westlake is brutalizing them.

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Coming off injury on an outmatched team

He's playing for Carroll in the state title game.  This isn't like he's on some RGV team with no supporting cast.  I'm just saying the #1 recruit in the NATION should be able to put the team on his back and at least make this game a little more competitive. 

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I want both Ewers and Klubnik so we can have the Simms vs. Applewhite wars, part deux.  

Posters were actually challenging other posters to fights back on Hornfans. 

I'll still fuck somebody up if they think Simms should've been starting over Applewhite.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Assman said:

If he ends up having a successful college and/or NFL career, then I'll gladly eat crow.  But I just don't believe the hype.

Ewers is probably overhyped sure, but he's shown incredible touch and ability to make some really difficult throws look easy.  That's a recipe for success in college and with development, success in the NFL.  He's also shown the tendency to make off balance throws simply because he knows he can, and isn't anything special while running the ball.   Recruiting is about finding the special tools others don't have and projecting forward on those strengths.  Klubnik showed tonight he has a strong stride, above average change of direction... And with the throw game pretty consistent placement on short passes, ability to rifle in intermediate 15 yard passes... But didn't display anything truly special beyond that, imo.  Ewers above Klubnik any day and twice on Sunday to build a college team around.  He's got enough weaknesses to his game to drop down to top 15 nationwide though and still be fair.

This years Westlake's defense is one of the best they have ever had. They gave up 5.5 points/game before tonight and had 5 shutouts. Ewers was not healthy, he is a much better runner than he showed tonight. He got popped pretty good early in the game and was hurting.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Assman said:

Just to be clear, those of you who are negging me and telling me how wrong I am, you all believe he is the #1 recruit in the nation? 

The issue is that the mother fucker (Ewers) had no protection and was getting the shit beaten out of him all night. You can’t carry a team when you’re flat on your back. He has the most incredible arm since Matt Stafford. He has talent that can’t really be coached. Put him behind a decent line and give him a couple of years working on technique and you’ll have a finished product you couldn’t get with most prospects. 

He played the best defense in the state tonight and his OL couldn’t hold up. Couldn’t run and couldn’t pass block. Tom Brady couldn’t have done much better in those circumstances. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Assman said:

Just to be clear, those of you who are negging me and telling me how wrong I am, you all believe he is the #1 recruit in the nation? 

Yes. And basing an eval off one game is idiotic. 

Edited by Irieguy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Assman said:

You’re not evaluating a recruit and projecting their talent, you’re just looking at who looks better tonight without accounting for any context, like who has the better team or the fact he’s playing hurt. In other words, you have no fucking clue what you’re talking about so that’s why I’m negging you. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Assman said:

He's playing for Carroll in the state title game.  This isn't like he's on some RGV team with no supporting cast.  I'm just saying the #1 recruit in the NATION should be able to put the team on his back and at least make this game a little more competitive. 

Oh and football’s a team sport dumbAssman 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You’re not evaluating a recruit and projecting their talent, you’re just looking at who looks better tonight without accounting for any context, like who has the better team or the fact he’s playing hurt. In other words, you have no fucking clue what you’re talking about so that’s why I’m negging you. 

Sorry Mr. Ewers.  Best of luck to your son next year.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Assman said:

I'm not sure he's the best player in the nation. I understand why he is ranked as such.

Confession: 3 years ago I watched a game in person. The Army All American game. I watched a highly ranked QB throw 2 interceptions and fumble twice in one quarter. I walked away thinking that QB was overrated. That QB’s name, Trevor Lawrence. Thank God I never posted my opinion and I learned my lesson. I’m confident @Assman will learn his lesson. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

Here is why one game evals suck. C Grade. 

C Grade

Trevor Lawrence, QB (Clemson): Lawrence is going to be one of the best quarterbacks at the college level for the next four years. He threw for 40 touchdowns and just one interception this season and may well come in and steal Kelly Bryant's job with the Tigers. But this game was a nightmare for him. He threw two interceptions in the first quarter and fumbled twicethough the offense did recover both fumbles. He did have an impressive drive in the fourth quarter, showing off his incredible arm. However, it wasn't enough to salvage a disappointing afternoon.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Confession: 3 years ago I watched a game in person. The Army All American game. I watched a highly ranked QB throw 2 interceptions and fumble twice in one quarter. I walked away thinking that QB was overrated. That QB’s name, Trevor Lawrence. Thank God I never posted my opinion and I learned my lesson. I’m confident @Assman will learn his lesson. 

I'm not sure we're really comparing apples to apples here with a performance in an all-star game, but it's obvious I've stuck a nerve.  Like I said, I'll happily eat crow when this guy turns out to be the next Trevor Lawrence.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Assman said:

I'm not sure we're really comparing apples to apples here with a performance in an all-star game, but it's obvious I've stuck a nerve.  Like I said, I'll happily eat crow when this guy turns out to be the next Trevor Lawrence.

It’s been explained why you struck a nerve. You know you haven’t seen enough film or data to make a thorough assessment yet you are anyway. It’s annoying and a waste of bandwidth. “Herp derp he had a bad game” belongs on Texags. 

Edited by Irieguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Here is why one game evals suck. C Grade. 

C Grade

Trevor Lawrence, QB (Clemson): Lawrence is going to be one of the best quarterbacks at the college level for the next four years. He threw for 40 touchdowns and just one interception this season and may well come in and steal Kelly Bryant's job with the Tigers. But this game was a nightmare for him. He threw two interceptions in the first quarter and fumbled twicethough the offense did recover both fumbles. He did have an impressive drive in the fourth quarter, showing off his incredible arm. However, it wasn't enough to salvage a disappointing afternoon.

And since you're comparing him to TL and I saw a Matthew Stafford comparison above, I'm assuming Ewers is a consensus #1 pick in the 2025 draft?  This is the way he's being portrayed here.

• Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, Assman said:

And since you're comparing him to TL and I saw a Matthew Stafford comparison above, I'm assuming Ewers is a consensus #1 pick in the 2025 draft?  This is the way he's being portrayed here.

That is correct. Absolutely correct. You would know that if you did an OUNCE OF RESEARCH. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Assman said:

recruiting has a lot to do with how people project in college. I won’t argue with you that klubnick is just as good of a high school quarterback. and I didn’t neg you but complaining about it is a bitch move. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

recruiting has a lot to do with how people project in college. I won’t argue with you that klubnick is just as good of a high school quarterback. and I didn’t neg you but complaining about it is a bitch move. 

I don't necessarily think Klubnick is better, or that Ewers isn't a great QB.  The only statement I've made is that Ewers is not the #1 recruit in the nation.  That's it.

14 minutes ago, Assman said:

This... this is where you want to bow down. When you're arguing what you're arguing and pose a question like that? It means you don't know what number 1 overall means. 

Proceed with caution or face time in the corner with the dunce hat.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Assman said:

I don't necessarily think Klubnick is better, or that Ewers isn't a great QB.  The only statement I've made is that Ewers is not the #1 recruit in the nation.  That's it.

you’re judging him off a game when he was hurt on an inferior team. westlake beat houston madison in 2001. their qb was definitely the #1 recruit in the nation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

you’re judging him off a game when he was hurt on an inferior team. westlake beat houston madison in 2001. their qb was definitely the #1 recruit in the nation. 

VY absolutely went off in that game so I'm not sure that's the best example to use.

1 hour ago, Assman said:

I don't believe anyone is saying that but statistically that might be the case. I believe 5*'s out of HS actually get drafted like 30% of the time. The list of 5* QB's over the last 30 years is a who's who list and pretty remarkable. Some busts for sure but most were all very good college QB;s including VY. Ewers, right now at 17 years old is a prototypical NFL QB with frame, size and arm. You never pass on that. Physically he is gifted. You can't coach that.

Edited by Longhornlove

8 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I don't believe anyone is saying that but statistically that might be the case. I believe 5*'s out of HS actually get drafted like 30% of the time. The list of 5* QB's over the last 30 years is a who's who list and pretty remake doable. Some busts for sure but most were all very good college QB;s including VY. Ewers, right now at 17 years old is a prototypical NFL QB with frame, size and arm. You never pass on that. Physically he is gifted. You can't coach that.

I’m saying that and so are a lot of people. If NFL teams could do a futures draft tomorrow of HS Juniors, Ewers would be the #1 pick and I don’t think it’s even close. With the current NFL salary cap it almost guarantees a QB goes #1 overall and Ewers projects the best. Who else would even be in the conversation? Seriously who else would NFL teams pick from the 2022 class? Does anybody have a name of a better NFL prospect? I would love to hear it and then see his film. Regardless of position. 

Edited by Irieguy

1 minute ago, Irieguy said:

I’m saying that and so are a lot of people. If NFL teams could did a futures draft tomorrow of HS Juniors, Ewers would be the #1 pick and I don’t think it’s even close. With the current NFL salary cap it almost guarantees a QB goes #1 overall and Ewers projects the best. Who else would even be in the conversation? Seriously who else would NFL teams pick from the 2022 class?

I guess we are misunderstood and we agree then. I have been defending the kid all night.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Assman said:

Who do you think is the #1 2021 recruit in the nation based solely on state title games then?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I want both Ewers and Klubnik so we can have the Simms vs. Applewhite wars, part deux.  

Posters were actually challenging other posters to fights back on Hornfans. 

I was in college at the time and students were challenging each other to fights face to face over this issue. Alcohol was usually involved. 

Tell Colorado that. Simms had more talent for sure, that is where it ended though.

Apple turnover
Colorado was all Mack. That team looked like they didnt prepare after destroying them earlier in the season. Simms fucked up. Benson took out Mike Williams and himself in a yakkity sax moment. Went after the punt to give Colorado the win.

This years Westlake's defense is one of the best they have ever had. They gave up 5.5 points/game before tonight and had 5 shutouts. Ewers was not healthy, he is a much better runner than he showed tonight. He got popped pretty good early in the game and was hurting.

6 shutouts, with the 6th being 34-0 vs Cibolo Steele the week before the North Shore game. It was their closest margin of victory up to that point. Westlake was insane this year. I’m not down on Ewers, but I’m up on Klubnik. Sark would do well to bring home either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Apple turnover
Colorado was all Mack. That team looked like they didnt prepare after destroying them earlier in the season. Simms fucked up. Benson took out Mike Williams and himself in a yakkity sax moment. Went after the punt to give Colorado the win.

Hard enough watching that shit show live in old Texas Stadium. Thanks for the memories. Ugh 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'd flip a coin on the two, but Simms had better numbers and a better winning percentage. I'd also take Ehlinger over both. 

Of course he had better numbers, he was on more really good teams duh. His class was the #1 Class in the country, each subsequent class was top 5 I believe. Applewhite had no such luxuries while he was a starter. Mack fucked up pandering to helicopter dad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ewers can make throws that most other qbs can't. That one last night where he hadn't even completed his drop but still halfway set his feet and threw a perfect strike in a place where only his receiver could get it was ridiculous. That's the kind of talent that you can't teach. You put him into Sarkesian's system and surround him with talent and... 

• Hook 'Em 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust