Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

How did they fuck that up (especially Yurcich considering he was handicapped by Herman)? Milroe decommitted within a few days of Ewers's commitment, IIRC.

Yurcich basically ghosted Milroe, Milroe wasn’t his guy and he made little effort to retain him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Please Yurcich was actively looking for another QB, his guy. Milroe seemed first to be pissed then was ok with it and was still committed and recruiting other players to Texas. I think the Ewers commitment made up his mind for him. In the end we lost both. Thanks Tom! 

I think we also lost Bowman because Milroe decommed. Yea I know there was undefeated shit in play but he seemed be OK until Milroe decommed.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

How did they fuck that up (especially Yurcich considering he was handicapped by Herman)? Milroe decommitted within a few days of Ewers's commitment, IIRC.

Yurcich was actively recruiting other QBs (that, to be fair, better fit his system) and I recall IT reporting that he wasn't giving the Milroe family a clear idea of where Milroe sat in their QB room.

Milroe had been communicating with Bama for months prior to his flip so no telling whether he would have decommitted regardless of Ewers.

2 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

I think there's valid reason for concern that Ewers' "switching costs" (bear with me here) will get higher and higher as next season progresses. He's been really active in getting his buddies to follow him to Ohio State (yuck) and if all his friends are already committed there he probably wouldn't feel like shaking things up again. By the time the end of the season rolls around he may be too entrenched in the Ohio State program.

/pessimism

I know the big-time QBs like to commit early for a variety of reasons, but that's why it was so frustrating that he went ahead and gave a verbal to OSU after his decommit. I get wavering on Tom Herman Texas football after the TCU and OU games, but he had to figure that there was a least a chance that we would hiring a new coach after the season right? 

Guy grew up a Texas fan, why not "reopen" your recruitment and let it play out to see who the new staff will be. It's a completely different situation if we are talking about "OSU lean" Ewers vs. commit. Fucking Ohio State...

10 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Guy grew up a Texas fan, why not "reopen" your recruitment and let it play out to see who the new staff will be.

he won’t do this because he was raised right and has integrity. he’s given ohio state a verbal pledge and he won’t go back on it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

he won’t do this because he was raised right and has integrity. he’s given ohio state a verbal pledge and he won’t go back on it. 

What makes his verbal pledge to tOSU different than his verbal pledge to UT?

If it's only based on game results, that's not integrity, that's pragmatism. 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

Well I meant I wish he had done that after decommitting from Texas during the season without quickly verballing to OSU. 

As for your point though, I may be missing the sarcasm but that integrity didn't keep him from going back on his verbal pledge to Texas...

To clarify, I'm just using your words. A high school kid making the right decision on their own future has nothing to do with integrity when they take back a meaningless verbal pledge. Whether they are flipping to my school or away from it.

Edited by UncleSonny

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Let's say it take s until the season and for Ewers to like the product on the field.  Do you wait for that and potentially tell a Malik Murphy or Conner Weigman "NO" if they want to commit?

Let's handle these occurrences when they cross. Till then just have to sign best we can. I don't think Ewers returns because he's a bit of a bell cow and Texas can't afford to be unsettled at the position in case he doesnt. bring em in and sort it later. 

Well I meant I wish he had done that after decommitting from Texas during the season without quickly verballing to OSU. 
As for your point though, I may be missing the sarcasm but that integrity didn't keep him from going back on his verbal pledge to Texas...

giphy.gif

Guys, it would be great to get the young man to flip back to us. Having said that, we will be fine.

Sark, will bring in great QBs with potential. They may not be 1.0000 but what if they are .98

or .97. He took a 3 star and turned him into a Heisman candidate. Thats a huge selling point.

Granted he had great talent around him but there's no reason Sark can't get great kids like them as well. We will be fine

either way.

1 hour ago, Askew said:

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Like clockwork. 

michael jordan laughing GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

To clarify, I'm just using your words. A high school kid making the right decision on their own future has nothing to do with integrity when they take back a meaningless verbal pledge. Whether they are flipping to my school or away from it.

I use the same philosophy in my relationships regarding marriage commitments. It was a meaningless promise and when I back out I don't understand why my integrity is questioned. 

I'm down as Ewers is gone. And he won't flip again. 

But then I had a thought. If CUM does take the Jags job, wouldn't he bring SIL with him?  If he's so worried about the kids career, the NFL is really taking care of it. 

So, if that happens, I'll give Sark a damn good chance of getting Ewers back. 

Here's hoping. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

I'm down as Ewers is gone. And he won't flip again. 

But then I had a thought. If CUM does take the Jags job, wouldn't he bring SIL with him?  If he's so worried about the kids career, the NFL is really taking care of it. 

So, if that happens, I'll give Sark a damn good chance of getting Ewers back. 

Here's hoping. 

Ewers probably committed to Day moreso than to Dennis. Doubt Dennis leaving would move the needle too much.

12 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Yurcich was actively recruiting other QBs (that, to be fair, better fit his system) and I recall IT reporting that he wasn't giving the Milroe family a clear idea of where Milroe sat in their QB room.

Milroe had been communicating with Bama for months prior to his flip so no telling whether he would have decommitted regardless of Ewers.

If we end up with both Flood and Sark, the early signing date will have screwed us over as to flipping Milroe and the Brocks. Sark recruited Milroe and Flood recruited the Brocks, but they can’t even make contact now that the early NLIs are signed.

Thanks, Tom. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

5 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Why was i thinking that was a Dennis deal?

I think Dennis was listed as the lead recruiter and as the qb coach, would definitely be a key figure in any qb's recruitment, though less so with Day being the HC.  Either way, there are some inherent advantages that just need to play out.  

If the staff fills out anywhere close to rumored and he sees an opportunity to achieve both dreams (playing for childhood team and good path to nfl), we probably win out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/5/2021 at 11:41 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

If we end up with both Flood and Sark, the early signing date will have screwed us over as to flipping Milroe and the Brocks. Sark recruited Milroe and Flood recruited the Brocks, but they can’t even make contact now that the early NLIs are signed.

Thanks, Tom. 

Aren't they still technically the OC and OL coaches at Alabama?  Wouldn't they be able to contact them up until he officially resigns?  I imagine that he has a handshake deal with Saban not to recruit signees / players so there's that.

• Hook 'Em 1

No more of this, please

Screenshot_20210107-103701_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bc9da23699b8eb485bc68b717484b488.jpg

Saying that, after watching Casey in the Alamo Bowl, I'm of the opinion that we are probably okay without Milroe. 2022 is where QB will be needed more - and if we can't get Ewers to flip there are other fish in the sea. Especially with the current transfer environment. 

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I thought it was against NCAA rules for University employees to publicly name recruits?  Meyer is still employed by OSU isn’t he? 

Yes, here's his current contract. Got it through an open records request recently but kind of lost its relevance until now for obvious reason. 

Spoiler

Capture-1.png

Capture-2.png

• Hook 'Em 2

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust
  • RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust