Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

8 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I thought it was against NCAA rules for University employees to publicly name recruits?  Meyer is still employed by OSU isn’t he? 

I think it only applies to coaches. A math professor wouldn’t get in trouble for tweeting about a recruit. 

19 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Ryan Day is reportedly a top candidate for the Eagles. If he leaves and Meyer goes to the Jags, there is a 100% chance Corey Dennis follows one of them, and there is a 100% chance Ewers flips to the good guys.

Top target, candidate implies interest. It doesn't appear Day is interested in the Eagles gig. You're right, though. 

Imo Ewers grew up Texas. You don’t just lose that for the most part so if Sark can show Ewers a better product and stability, I honestly believe Ewers is looking for a reason to come to Texas (just my gut feeling). Burton on the other hand, I never really thought wanted to be here 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Day would have to be stupid to take the Eagles job.

Not really. He would get a year or two to overhaul the team and rebuild it the way he wants to. 

No teenage asses to kiss. 
No crazy parents to deal with. 
Minimal recruiting. 
More money.
Better local food.
Better fans.

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not really. He would get a year or two to overhaul the team and rebuild it the way he wants to. 

No teenage asses to kiss. 
No crazy parents to deal with. 
Minimal recruiting. 
More money.
Better local food.
Better fans.

1. Idk what this even means. Is this about recruiting? What coaches are kissing the asses of their players?
  2. True, but now you have wives to deal with
  3. True
  4. And this is where you go off the rails. Not correct, fOSU can pay him more than the NFL
  5. Philadelphia has incredible food. Better than Columbus? You're goddamn right
  6. Eagles fan is perhaps worse than a bucknut

It's not a great job right now. They have roster issues, tons of money tied up in Wentz, and cap concerns that would make it impossible to truly overhaul the roster. If Day really wants to go to the NFL (which he hasn't shown), the best job is Jacksonville. Then, probably the Chargers. After that, stay put. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Hope this is a joke. And I'm not even a Cowboys fan.

OSU fans are generally regarded as the worst fans in CFB and love to burn couches.

Eagles fans throw batteries , snowballs at Santa Claus, cheered Michael Irvin's neck injury, and burned Cowboys jerseys in effigy.

So it's probably a wash.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:
  1. Idk what this even means. Is this about recruiting? What coaches are kissing the asses of their players?
  2. True, but now you have wives to deal with
  3. True
  4. And this is where you go off the rails. Not correct, fOSU can pay him more than the NFL
  5. Philadelphia has incredible food. Better than Columbus? You're goddamn right
  6. Eagles fan is perhaps worse than a bucknut

It's not a great job right now. They have roster issues, tons of money tied up in Wentz, and cap concerns that would make it impossible to truly overhaul the roster. If Day really wants to go to the NFL (which he hasn't shown), the best job is Jacksonville. Then, probably the Chargers. After that, stay put. 

1. Yes, recruiting involves a lot of ass kissing. Ass kissing players, high school coaches, parents, uncles. And now you gotta turn around and kiss the ass of the ones on your team so they don't portal out on you.

2. Not really. Maybe one or two players have a few baby mama's around, but it is what is is. They're all adults there, and honestly they got people on these teams that take care of this stuff. Maybe the preacher they got working for the Texans gives a shit, but most coaches won't.

3. Correct

4. Maybe. Maybe not. He's making 4.5 right now. At least 12 NFL coaches made more than that this year. the 10th highest paid (Dan Quinn) was making $8M

5. I liked the cheese-steak I had in Philly. Never been to Columbus

6. They're both terrible.

The thing about the NFL is that you get a real offseason. You can actually have a life. In college, recruiting is 24/7/365 now. The NFL pension for coaches is also obscene and the pay is generally better. The thing about Day is that he has been in the NFL and he even coached in Philly before. He would at least know what he's walking into vs. someone like Lincoln Riley. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Day would have to be stupid to take the Eagles job.

We've all seen how badly spending a little time in the NFL killed Saban and Carroll's careers when they went back to the college game. Of course Pete did much better his second time around in the NFL. Day will have a college job waiting for him if he flames out after a few years.

Random thought. If Ewers does decide to flip, my guess is TFB will know about it first because I bet it will be a video. He’s had two crappy edits in a row now, I bet he will want to make something more meaningful and I bet Texas would want him to as well...just a guess

• Hook 'Em 1

Will be interesting to see how good Ewers really is on Saturday. Personally I think he'll get eaten alive by the Westlake D, that team is a behemoth. I rolled my eyes all year hearing Westlake fans talk about their amazing defense shutting down 3 and 4 win teams, but the hype is real. I'd be shocked if he breaks 200 yards passing and has less than 3 turnovers. 

28 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Will be interesting to see how good Ewers really is on Saturday. Personally I think he'll get eaten alive by the Westlake D, that team is a behemoth. I rolled my eyes all year hearing Westlake fans talk about their amazing defense shutting down 3 and 4 win teams, but the hype is real. I'd be shocked if he breaks 200 yards passing and has less than 3 turnovers. 

Nah. This kid is the absolute truth. I don't know if SLC will win, but it won't be because he fucked up. He's a monster for a reason. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um... have you seen this kid play? 

Yeah he’s really good. But have you seen Westlake play defense? They’ll take away his first read and make him work through his progressions, which he (like all other HS QBs) doesn’t do much of. But even he’s better at that than most, largely due to his o-line giving him time, and his ability to buy time while scrambling and keeping his eyes downfield until someone comes open. Westlake’s d-line is too big and fast (not a joke, it’s the most athletic line I’ve ever seen them have) for him to be able to do that though. He won’t have much time back there at all. It’ll get ugly quick. None of that is to say Ewers shouldn’t be the top 2022 QB but he’s about to run into a buzzsaw. 

5 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

We've all seen how badly spending a little time in the NFL killed Saban and Carroll's careers when they went back to the college game. Of course Pete did much better his second time around in the NFL. Day will have a college job waiting for him if he flames out after a few years.

The NFL made Carroll initially. He was a highly-regarded DC who became a middling HC with the Jets and Patriots. He was 27-21 and made the playoffs twice with the Pats in three seasons as HC in between Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick. He never would've gotten the SC job without his NFL resume.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah he’s really good. But have you seen Westlake play defense? They’ll take away his first read and make him work through his progressions, which he (like all other HS QBs) doesn’t do much of. But even he’s better at that than most, largely due to his o-line giving him time, and his ability to buy time while scrambling and keeping his eyes downfield until someone comes open. Westlake’s d-line is too big and fast (not a joke, it’s the most athletic line I’ve ever seen them have) for him to be able to do that though. He won’t have much time back there at all. It’ll get ugly quick. None of that is to say Ewers shouldn’t be the top 2022 QB but he’s about to run into a buzzsaw. 

The kid beat Duncanville last weekend and that says a lot to me. Duncanville was salty AF. I look forward to seeing the game Saturday.

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

You might be right. Probably not. I don't understand how anyone could be "shocked" if he threw for over 200 yards. I wouldn't be shocked if he had 500 yards and 7 TDs against them. Maybe they play good defense - it's still high school football. Any team can be had on any given week. Just ask whoever Quinn shredded in the quarters. 

Sorry if already discussed, but Urban's son in-law is the QB coach at Ohio State, and supposedly one of Ewers' lead recruiters. Some Ohio State posters think that he'll join Urban because the NFL exposure would help speed up his career trajectory, and it would get Urban's grandkids closer to where he works

I'm not sure how big of a role the QB coach played in landing Ewers for OSU, but I think it could be a potential convenient excuse for Ewers to flip 

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

Sorry if already discussed, but Urban's son in-law is the QB coach at Ohio State, and supposedly one of Ewers' lead recruiters. Some Ohio State posters think that he'll join Urban because the NFL exposure would help speed up his career trajectory, and it would get Urban's grandkids closer to where he works

I'm not sure how big of a role the QB coach played in landing Ewers for OSU, but I think it could be a potential convenient excuse for Ewers to flip 

I'm not going to act like I know a whole lot about tOSU's internal workings but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Day is the de facto QB coach. Therefore I would assume Ewers committed to Day moreso than to Dennis, but you're right in that it might give him a convenient excuse.

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

Supposedly he was primary with Day also playing a big part. Him leaving would really put the wheels in motion. If Dennis stays I give it 50/50 that he flips, if Dennis goes I’d give it 85/15 that he comes to texas 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

This. I think it would be a convenient excuse to save face, but probably wouldn’t be the impetus for the decision. 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust
  • RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust