2020 Republican National Convention

Mrs Whiggins

I like that he's proudly displaying that he wears no wedding band, and that you can't see what his right hand is doing.  Pure class, through and through.  

I guess I never realized that Trump and Liberache had this much in common.  

Some of you are much more patient than I am; I bailed. Lie after lie after lie. Just gets tiresome. It’s this pregame locker room pep talk  that the coaches are giving to convince the Phoenix University online football team that they can take on Bama for real even though none of the practices have occurred on the field.

Inspiration and hope are wonderful things, but (and here my cynicism is showing) a leadership that espouses the values they don’t practice is morally abhorrent. Those that revere Trump seem to imagine themselves as participating in the Charge of the Light Brigade but when I picture it I imagine the scene from Dr Zhivago where the old headmaster leads the children into battle in a golden field of wheat, where they are mowed down by bullets. Sacrificed so that the Cause continues. They would rather we fight than embrace. Why do we not ask, why is this so?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It’s this pregame locker room pep talk  that the coaches are giving to convince the Phoenix University online football team that they can take on Bama for real even though none of the practices have occurred on the field.

Who won the 2016 UPhoenix vs Alabama game?

• Fuck You 1

Was that the Deflategate game? No, I think that was the Super Bowl? Maybe it was the Sanitation Shuffle Play game? Wait, that was baseball. I believe the game you’re referring to has an asterisk beside the outcome due to conference shenanigans in Michigan and Ohio and some SEC mishaps regarding players in Georgia being locked out of the stadium. 

Football season is going to suck this year. 

• Like 1

i am remembering the 2016 GOP Convention where i watched incredulously that not one platitude or promise was offered with a single plan oh how to implement it.

I pine for that type of Convention. This is just 4 days of lies and deception.

7 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

So it was a big accomplishment of James Madison that he was young-ish when an event he had nothing to do with occurred? 

Hell, my brother accomplished being alive when we landed on the moon when he was only 2!

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

It’s the biggest MAGA thing ever to take credit for others accomplishments that you had nothing to do with and be the first one to downplay or deny any of your failures.

this kid is a very quick Trump study.

To be fair, he actually admitted his mistake.  If Trump had made that mistake, he would have ordered the Archives to forge Madison's signature on it.

38 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So, are we going to get monotone reading Trump, or totally off the cuff ranting Trump tonight? 

Monotone until he gets bored. Off the rails for about 15 minutes talking about the China Virus, LAW AND ORDER, a story about a big 40-something suburban house owning male crying while referring to Dotard as the “Great Protector of the Suburbs and then window talk. He may throw in a Biden will cut social security funding the day he takes office and everyone’s health care insurance premiums will quintuple in monthly cost. He has never said the word quintuple so we will hear seven variations on that one and he’ll say it wrong each time. 

He’ll probably wrap up the victory lap with a couple of minutes of questions from OAN about how much does he love America and would he be interested being named King of America. 

Remember 2016? America seemed to be in a pretty good place.

The America we are living in right now feels like a bad nightmare we cant wake up from. Is anyone going to look back on 2020 and think yeah, that was a good year?!

He'll try to polish this turd tonight and I pray enough voters in PA, Mich and Wisconsin don't buy it.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's going to be one helluva fun and exciting night.

RNC Forced To Pad Out Final Nights Of Convention With Illegitimate Trump Childrenlmrnwv0zlh75chgtugw7.jpg

CHARLOTTE, NC—Short on time and bereft of any better options, organizers of the Republican National Convention were reportedly forced to pad out the final nights of the event with illegitimate Trump children, sources confirmed Wednesday. “We’re proud to announce over a dozen new surprise speakers will be joining our lineup this evening,” said RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who managed to get the president’s many secret offspring to agree to speak at the convention in exchange for an increase in their privately negotiated monthly hush-money payments. “We’re pleased to welcome Heather, Michael, Cici, Shane, Elliot, and Nicole, as well as many other energetic and exciting newcomers into the fold, some of whom we’re still getting in touch with, so hang tight. This is a diverse and accomplished group that’s, in fact, very representative of this country. Joan Marie is a 43-year-old Jewish mother living in Palm Beach, Florida. Xavier is a 19-year-old auto mechanic saving up money for college in Aurora, Colorado. One of them is even a beloved Hollywood star, so tune in for the big reveal.” At press time, half of the illegitimate Trump children were cut from the schedule after sharing anti-Semitic conspiracy theories online.

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Lie after lie after lie. Just gets tiresome. It’s this pregame locker room pep talk 

It's like totalitarian state art. The constant false claim of the ideal quickly becomes banal. Every speech started with a personal history meant to inspire and led to a string of obvious lies about Trump as a good, decent man who loves us all and loves America. The whole thing was unvarying and unsophisticated.

One might think it is a locker room speech. Somebody may realize that the only path to victory is making your own team frothy and ready to do anything for the cause, as you describe. Only this time, if this were Dr. Zhivago, they want to be holding the machine guns and intimidating an opponent they imagine to be no more formidable than cowardly children.

They paint the picture of a besieged world. Reagan's city on hill is now a walled fortress manned by noble patriots who are the only thing between light and dark.

Zulu-warriors-attack-British-troops-in-t

To hell with every liar that lined up behind the King Liar.

Edited by RomaVicta
one word too many words

15 hours ago, yoladu said:

All these Olds worrying about violence in the big bad cites coming to them?

Deaths from the BLM movement and protests this year? - what, maybe a dozen? - some perpertated by those who were expressly against the BLM movement. Off the top of my head.. 

• a "Boogaloo Boy" in Oakland killed a police officer
  • a Trump supporter in Kenosha kiled two protestors
  • a US Veteran, who threated violence to protestors on social media, killed a protestor in Austin

Deaths from Coronavirus, in which seniors are particularly susceptible? - 180,000 and counting. 

that so many Americans are buying the slop being fed to them, it's just.. disheartening.

Wrong.   The deceased Garrett Foster had the social media video taunting anti protesters & the facebook comments saying he didnt care if police officers died/their lives don't matter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Times opinion writers were asked give their thoughts on the Republican convention so far (rate the best moments). I thought this was interesting: 

“ the best moments Republicans will have this entire convention, does not come in the arena, but outside of it, on the street. With all the violence, arson and looting that have now plagued our cities for three months, as feckless governors and mayors make excuses for not restoring order, they are giving Trump his best and possibly only shot at re-election. Even if he doesn’t deserve it.” 
https://dnyuz.com/2020/08/27/republican-convention-best-and-worst-moments-from-mike-pence-night/

Edited by Nicole44

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

obviously written by an unbiased source. 

He openly laughs at the GOP. Says the laughter is good exercise. I am not saying I necessarily agree with him but it’s definitely foolish to think the riots aren’t going to weigh in the minds of voters. I don’t see Trump getting much of a bounce from the convention though. 

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He openly laughs at the GOP. Says the laughter is good exercise. I am not saying I necessarily agree with him but it’s definitely foolish to think the riots aren’t going to weigh in the minds of voters. I don’t see Trump getting much of a bounce from the convention though. 

I agree that the riots will weigh in voters minds, but this is Trump's America. He has led this country and been the ultimate authority since January 20, 2017. 

His talking points are the same now as they were in 2016, including the violence and threat to the police, etc etc. If he has made exactly zero headway in that time and actively made things worse, why does the dumpster fire help him?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I agree that the riots will weigh in voters minds, but this is Trump's America. He has led this country and been the ultimate authority since January 20, 2017. 

His talking points are the same now as they were in 2016, including the violence and threat to the police, etc etc. If he has made exactly zero headway in that time and actively made things worse, why does the dumpster fire help him?

I totally understand what you mean. But it really depends on what those voting think of the riots in general. And the state and local response to them. I have no clue what the masses think on this issue. But honestly all the riots and peaceful protests  won’t mean a damn if the people (who want change and Trump gone) eligible to vote CHOOSE not to. People should know what’s at stake in this election. JMO-if you are eligible to vote and no one is keeping you from voting and you DECIDE not to vote or vote for some obscure candidate that can’t win...I cancel you! Lol! But seriously i will make it my mission to ignore them. 

Times opinion writers were asked give their thoughts on the Republican convention so far (rate the best moments). I thought this was interesting: 
“ the best moments Republicans will have this entire convention, does not come in the arena, but outside of it, on the street. With all the violence, arson and looting that have now plagued our cities for three months, as feckless governors and mayors make excuses for not restoring order, they are giving Trump his best and possibly only shot at re-election. Even if he doesn’t deserve it.” 
https://dnyuz.com/2020/08/27/republican-convention-best-and-worst-moments-from-mike-pence-night/

Don’t give that website any clicks or traffic.

Hucksters has exclusively exposed the owners of the increasingly popular DNyuz.com website that publishes thousands of news stories without any bylines, authors, or credits. Despite the total lack of transparency, the website has become one of the main sources for the web’s leading news aggregator, Drudge Report, which has been popular among the right-wing for many years.

The owner of DNyuz is Hayk Karapetyan, an Armenian citizen who has run a web design business for several years. He is also the founder of A1.AM, a lifestyle website in Armenia.

Despite maintaining a very private online presence — hiding his face on social media, etc — our team was able to track him down as the owner and developer of DNyuz using OSINT research methods.

We’ve also been able to conclude that while most of the articles on the site lack information about the authors, photographers, and so forth, nearly every article in fact appears to be copied from well known media sources online. In fact, if you scroll through the various WordPress “authors” on DNyuz (there are 240+ authors at time of publishing this post) then you quickly recognize most of the sources of the content as well known websites such as New York Times, The Drive, and otherwise, many of which are favorite Drudge Report sources.

All these dumbasses seem to think its 1988 and Willie Horton is coming walking through that door.

That was fucking 32 years ago and times have changed, a lot. 

Except for republicans of course, most white people have woken up to the fact that the police kill black people basically at will when they feel like it on behalf of the state and their republican minded constituents and gosh darnit, actually have somewhat of a problem with that. Cell phone video is a powerful message. 

This whole notion of black mobs storming the suburbs is absurd and only works with the people who are stupid enough to vote for trump anyway. Normal people recognize that it is fact TRUMP HIMSELF who is stoking the violence and well, most non-stupid people don’t like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Former Dems speaking about why they are suddenly Republicans.

Lies No GIF

“I used to be a Democrat, but then it occurred to me that I’d rather be self-centered, paranoid, and delusional.”

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seeing 1500 people gathered in close proximity with no mask pisses me off. This is why my kids didn’t start school normally my daughters senior year is shot to hell. Oh yeah, and 180k Americans have died. Because assholes like this think they’re above it all and this virus is a hoax.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, F250 said:

Former Dems speaking about why they are suddenly Republicans.

Lies No GIF

they are truly obsessed with this.  there must've been some clinical psychologist who convinced them that this was the ticket.  that dems would see or hear this and some light bulb would go off.

i've mentioned this before, but there was some nyt article months back about a bunch of dems/indies who were all about trump now, were "telling their stories".  one was "a few months ago, there i was, in iowa, caucusing for amy klobuchar, but now i see that trump is the answer."  i did a casual search of the guy, found his facebook page, and only had to scroll about half a page before i started seeing hunter biden memes.  hardcore dem this guy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

They are just trying to counter the Republicans for Biden video.

True. The difference being the Republicans for Biden are people who were former Cabinet members in Republican administrations, Republican Governors, RNC leaders, etc... People with actual Republican bona fides.

Democrats for Trump are people like Eddie the AC repairman from Akron, Ohio.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

True. The difference being the Republicans for Biden are people who were former Cabinet members in Republican administrations, Republican Governors, RNC leaders, etc... People with actual Republican bona fides.

Democrats for Trump are people like Eddie the AC repairman from Akron, Ohio.

Would be interesting to track which strategy is more effective but it does appear both sides are targeting “swing” voters.

This video is teeing up the “law and order” wedge  the RNC wants (shades of the 2016 RNC–people whose family members were murdered by illegal immigrants). Rioters are the new illegals. Democrats will let cities burn and criminals run free. Even though Biden has said (in a speech yesterday) rioters and bad and should stop the violence and the rioting and has shown he doesn’t support defunding the police, electing Biden will mean all US cities, will turn into Baltimore or Detroit or Chicago’s south side...blah blah blah. 
It really is hard to say how effective this will be as a strategy. But it is definitely the “wedge” issue they want. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, sachick said:

Seeing 1500 people gathered in close proximity with no mask pisses me off. This is why my kids didn’t start school normally my daughters senior year is shot to hell. Oh yeah, and 180k Americans have died. Because assholes like this think they’re above it all and this virus is a hoax.

It’s amazing how those people keep enjoying being anti-everything that makes sense. I am on the other side of Dotard’s Wall (If it wasn’t here we’d be right across the street instead of a few hundred feet away from his death cult party). People here are having a good time while protesting against what is happening. Two totally different worlds within just a few hundred feet of each other.