Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Weirder than that

My man wants a sock puppet until he pulls the parachute when his kids graduate

There are only 10 commits. 19 of your commits count towards the ranking so if you only have 10 then you will be ranked a bit lower. We are in the same boat. We are 11 in class rank but 8 in average stars. 7 of their 10 guys are trench guys. So they are filling needs.

2 hours ago, ABSR said:

They are.  He just fyred one.

And who does he demote/fire from the staff?  You are only allowed a limited number of coaching positions.  If he elevates Shurmur to a coach, someone has to get fired or "moved" to a QA position.  Is he expecting the old OC Sean Lewis to be on the sideline and signal in plays....after he not only has play calling removed but tries to move him from a coach/OC position to a QA analyst position???

I believe that Bill O'Boyle, the OL coach, is the one who got demoted/fired (haven't heard which yet).  Lewis remains as co-OC, but Shurmur is calling plays, at least this week.

7 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Deion just demoted his OC. New play-caller for this weekends game.

yeah, the offense is the problem here.

image.png.84eec6301d94cde36ce539f2205b5fa8.png

image.thumb.png.9817b3c122a3328248da6d7e8a706f05.png

demoting easily the best hire you made and a true up and comer who has done very good all things considered

if you want a real laugh compare how they did last year vs this year.

image.png.a04fe091ddf773c427f081c10ef66862.png

and

image.thumb.png.4bcbd4d9129d1e4f3a6e9be00002ee22.png

demoting Sean Lewis is the single worst decision he could have made coaching staff wise. its going to impact his ability to hire actual up and coming coaches moving forward and is a terrible look for a guy who left a HC job for you.

then you demote him for one of the 5 worst NFL coaches by win% since the super bowl era and who was last successful in 2017 with the Vikings and whose last experience at the college level was in 1998 with the 3-8 Stanford Fighting Willinghams?

terrible decision. wonder if lewis even stays around at this point

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

demoting easily the best hire you made and a true up and comer who has done very good all things considered

and

demoting Sean Lewis is the single worst decision he could have made coaching staff wise. its going to impact his ability to hire actual up and coming coaches moving forward and is a terrible look for a guy who left a HC job for you.

then you demote him for one of the 5 worst NFL coaches by win% since the super bowl era and who was last successful in 2017 with the Vikings and whose last experience at the college level was in 1998 with the 3-8 Stanford Fighting Willinghams?

Changing OCs should shore up that oline. Really dumb. Bet they had some words because baby boy was getting knocked around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sean Lewis gambled on getting exposure for a better HC gig by putting up with Deion for a year and it's too early to tell if he won or lost. I could see a P2.5 program giving him an OC shot after seeing some of the things he did in that very difficult environment. He just has to play this perfectly and show he's a team first guy and he could craft the image of a quality offensive coach who did the best he could with a bad situation and an unhinged coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Sean Lewis gambled on getting exposure for a better HC gig by putting up with Deion for a year and it's too early to tell if he won or lost. I could see a P2.5 program giving him an OC shot after seeing some of the things he did in that very difficult environment. He just has to play this perfectly and show he's a team first guy and he could craft the image of a quality offensive coach who did the best he could with a bad situation and an unhinged coach. 

There's rumors he has a MWC offer on the table. He went from a terrible job and cheap program at Kent State to the CU turnaround to wherever he ends up.

He absolutely won. The only people who think he didn't have the last name of Sanders and Hermanator.

On 11/3/2023 at 6:36 PM, NoName said:

and

They are averaging 27.32 time of possession. Part of the offense's job is to possess the ball and protect the defense. They also cannot protect the quarterback. If you actually are watching the games Sanders has pressure on him by the time his back foot hits the ground. Lastly, they CANNOT run the football and aren't doing anything creative to get something going. 2.3 ypc isn't going to cut it. If I were Prime I would bring in someone from the Briles tree to get people away from the box.

• Fuck You 1

so Rape is the answer?

damn... that element is what has been missing.  Just put an R on their jersey.  It'll resonate with the younglings.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

They are averaging 27.32 time of possession. Part of the offense's job is to possess the ball and protect the defense. They also cannot protect the quarterback. If you actually are watching the games Sanders has pressure on him by the time his back foot hits the ground. Lastly, they CANNOT run the football and aren't doing anything creative to get something going. 2.3 ypc isn't going to cut it. If I were Prime I would bring in someone from the Briles tree to get people away from the box.

2.3 YPC takes into account all of the sack yardage that Shedeur has taken, which is a ton.  He had -37 yards last night.  Their running backs haven’t been bad.  They won’t win the game for Colorado but they could certainly help to ease some of the pressure.  Another big concern is that they constantly try to throw the ball deep, likely to show of Shedeur’s talent for the NFL.  Shedeur wouldn’t take near as many hits if they threw quick slants and screen passes more often.  Get the ball out quick.  Basically their offense is designed to show off Shedeur as much as possible instead of to win football games.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, txhorns said:

2.3 YPC takes into account all of the sack yardage that Shedeur has taken, which is a ton.  He had -37 yards last night.  Their running backs haven’t been bad.  They won’t win the game for Colorado but they could certainly help to ease some of the pressure.  Another big concern is that they constantly try to throw the ball deep, likely to show of Shedeur’s talent for the NFL.  Shedeur wouldn’t take near as many hits if they threw quick slants and screen passes more often.  Get the ball out quick.  Basically their offense is designed to show off Shedeur as much as possible instead of to win football games.

Sack yardage is taken into account by every team's average. Also, you are not taking into account long runs. Take UCLA for example. McCaskill had a long of 9, Edwards had a long of 8. Wilkerson had a long of 8. Hankerson had a long of 9. That means those 4 backs, outside of popping one run each, averaged 1.5 yards per carry, and that's without the sack yardage added in. If you are watching their games you would see this. They will have a draw play on 3rd and long that gets close to a first or something like that. However, they can't run the football to get them ahead of the chains at all. Now take Texas. We popped two big runs of 54 and 27. Outside of that we are still averaging 4ypc.

I get you guys love hating them. However, their line cannot pass block even a basic rush, and they can't consistently open hole for their backs.

Some of y'all need to take a look in the mirror and and ask yourself what's in your heart that made you feel like Colorado stole their own jewelry.

Pasadena police said they executed search warrants after investigating the theft allegations of jewelry and other valuables and that the suspects are juveniles. No ages or names of anyone accused have been released.

https://sports.yahoo.com/police-recover-and-return-some-items-stolen-from-colorado-locker-room-during-ucla-game-163342241.html

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/police-identify-suspects-recover-items-stolen-from-colorado-locker-room-during-ucla-game/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Some of y'all need to take a look in the mirror and and ask yourself what's in your heart that made you feel like Colorado stole their own jewelry.

Pasadena police said they executed search warrants after investigating the theft allegations of jewelry and other valuables and that the suspects are juveniles. No ages or names of anyone accused have been released.
https://sports.yahoo.com/police-recover-and-return-some-items-stolen-from-colorado-locker-room-during-ucla-game-163342241.html

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/police-identify-suspects-recover-items-stolen-from-colorado-locker-room-during-ucla-game/

Go ahead and call everyone racist white guys since that’s exactly what you’re hinting at. But he ripped off the people with Prime prep, had jewelry stolen at his previous coaching stop (according to posters here), and had it happen the other day. He and a few other people are the only thing those have in common.

I wouldn’t have been shocked if he had someone do it to put some story out besides how bad they suck.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Go ahead and call everyone racist white guys since that’s exactly what you’re hinting at. But he ripped off the people with Prime prep, had jewelry stolen at his previous coaching stop (according to posters here), and had it happen the other day. He and a few other people are the only thing those have in common.

I wouldn’t have been shocked if he had someone do it to put some story out besides how bad they suck.

Prime Prep was a shit show, but I think you are seriously overstating how much control Sanders had within Prime Prep.

28 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Someone isn’t looking into their heart 😩

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I thought it would turn out to be an inside job but not necessarily have anything to do with Deion.  I thought that because I would guess that half the time or even more often in locker room theft cases it does turn out to be an inside job.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

This is garbage game management by Sanders.

But... to be fair... he's not alone in mindfuckingly stupid time management choices. This is especially bad, but it's disturbing how often we see this from guys making many many millions.

This. One bad blunder doesn't make a coach an idiot. Andy Reid still sucks at clock management. Staffs really should delegate clock management to 22 year old madden champs.

Good coaches make stupid mistakes all the time. Now, Sanders isn't a good coach so he should be making even more stupid mistakes. 

Our good coach is willing to blindly roll his 8-1 record with a backup QB who tries to throw 5 picks a game into a road conference game when he's got the number 1 rated QB in this last class sitting on his ass untested. Deion would be getting killed on social media if he did that with this roster. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Good coaches make stupid mistakes all the time. Now, Sanders isn't a good coach so he should be making even more stupid mistakes. 

Our good coach is willing to blindly roll his 8-1 record with a backup QB who tries to throw 5 picks a game into a road conference game when he's got the number 1 rated QB in this last class sitting on his ass untested. Deion would be getting killed on social media if he did that with this roster. 

10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Good god the football board is just full of idiocy.

meryl streep GIF

15 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Someone isn’t looking into their heart 😩

No. I am just smart enough to understand that Sanders isn't running something like that himself, as far as the day to day things go. I guess you also think Lebron is sitting in an office making decisions at I Promise too right? At the end of the day if it goes belly up they get the blame but you guys don't really think these guys are running these places right? I mean please tell me y'all are smarter than that.

The other day I saw VY and I really gave him a tongue lashing for how he cooked my steak a couple years back. It was supposed to be medium.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

No. I am just smart enough to understand that Sanders isn't running something like that himself, as far as the day to day things go. I guess you also think Lebron is sitting in an office making decisions at I Promise too right? At the end of the day if it goes belly up they get the blame but you guys don't really think these guys are running these places right? I mean please tell me y'all are smarter than that.

The other day I saw VY and I really gave him a tongue lashing for how he cooked my steak a couple years back. It was supposed to be medium.

He deserves criticism for Prime Prep. It was a disaster and his name was on it. He was involved. It is nothing like the VY steakhouse. This was an operation where parents are entrusting kids and i'm assuming their money to you. Thats not even close to the same thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

If you guys don't want to play Arch, we'll take him off your hands. Peyton still lives in Denver.

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

He deserves criticism for Prime Prep. It was a disaster and his name was on it. He was involved. It is nothing like the VY steakhouse. This was an operation where parents are entrusting kids and i'm assuming their money to you. Thats not even close to the same thing.

Read my post. I said at the end of the day they are going to get the blame. That said, smart adults should be able to see what went down. Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. Him and another ex-Longhorn tried to open a restaurant in Austin and it flopped. They lost a lot of money. People's kids involved makes it different from a feelings standpoint but it doesn't change what it was. Ex-athlete puts his name on something that he doesn't know how to run. Entrusts it to professionals who run it into the ground. Ex-athlete loses money and gets blame. Simple as that. 

Being a small business owner I understand how this works more than most. Anyone who works for me fucks up and the blame goes on me. At least I am running things and can control how things go. Sanders not so much. The guy got fired from Prime Prep in 2013 for assaulting the CFO. He clearly wasn't running things. People here should be able to sort that out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Read my post. I said at the end of the day they are going to get the blame. That said, smart adults should be able to see what went down. Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. Him and another ex-Longhorn tried to open a restaurant in Austin and it flopped. They lost a lot of money. People's kids involved makes it different from a feelings standpoint but it doesn't change what it was. Ex-athlete puts his name on something that he doesn't know how to run. Entrusts it to professionals who run it into the ground. Ex-athlete loses money and gets blame. Simple as that. 

Being a small business owner I understand how this works more than most. Anyone who works for me fucks up and the blame goes on me. At least I am running things and can control how things go. Sanders not so much. The guy got fired from Prime Prep in 2013 for assaulting the CFO. He clearly wasn't running things. People here should be able to sort that out. 

Assaulting the CFO?  Was it an intense discussion on depreciation that just got out of hand?  There's got to be some backstory to this.

26 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I hope he gets to a bowl game.  That would be COTY type of turnaround. Gonna be tough, still needs 3 wins (I think).

That’s not an absurd COTY type of turnaround, especially in the portal era.  It’s certainly very good but will not be some spectacular turnaround.