The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, it's been half an hour since this presser was to have started.  A doctor simply coming out and updating, answering some questions, etc.

Maybe it's nothing.

He’s got to get his lies straight. I mean this is the same guy that said Trump could live 100 years or something, right?

2 hours ago, LTbear said:

I don't see this at all. He's president and in couple at-risk categories. You take every precaution. And "experimental drug" almost certainly isn't as crazy as it sounds. That label covers tons of new tweaks or cocktails of existing compounds that are based on plenty of solid data but which just haven't gone through every regulatory process in the new form/ mix because those things take time. 

I think they sent him so they could give him the regeneron. I would imagine there is a small risk of anaphylaxis giving antibodies and you would want to be ready for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I think they sent him so they could give him the regeneron. I would imagine there is a small risk of anaphylaxis giving antibodies and you would want to be ready for that. 

What do you think about ab cocktail + remdesivir?

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Regeneron cocktail and Remdesivir. Kinda aggressive imo if there is nothing else going on.  Says that his sats are currently 96, no 02 today, deflects that he has probably received 02 last night. 

He’s REALLY deflecting on the O2 question. Not on O2 Friday or Saturday. But they’ve let a couple of things slip indicating they knew about this Thursday. 

It's possible that they took him to the hospital yesterday because he could still walk to the helicopter, before a time when maybe he can't.
Imagine the optics if they would have waited a week in the White House to see if his case stayed mild, then had to take him to the hospital.  What if they would have had to wheel him out to Marine One on a stretcher with oxygen and nurses wearing hazmat suits, three weeks before an election?  Not a good look.
Whatever happens to Trump now will be out of sight.

I think this is most likely it.

There was nothing to suggest he might be lying at 1am when he confessed. Now they can manage the message with him in the hospital, HIPAA and no public spaces, easier to control the leaks without the entire WH staff running around. Now we don’t know if it’s mild, moderate or deadly.

9 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Glad to see people aren’t caught up in conspiracy theories. It’s sad whenever anyone or any group gets caught up in debilitating fear and mental illness— whether it be the alt-right with their Q insanity or those who the last 4 years of Trump have broke their brains.

Anonymous sourced conspiracy theories involving lizard people and zombie JFK Jr and investigations that crank out dozens of indictments, convictions, guilty pleas, prison sentences, a dozen more federal cases, and an impeachment seem about the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

We haven't heard from Barr, and John Roberts, who were near KellyAnne at the event. Also, no word from Mitch.  Pelosi I hope was careful around the dicks from the WH that she was negotiating with. This sucks that Covid is running our country more than our leaders. 

The WH is a petrie dish that they better be deep cleaning right now. Fumigate it so the sake of everyone that has to work there for fuck's sake. 

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

He was on O2 at some point yesterday. That’s clear. Maybe for panic attacks, imo. 

Watch his mannerisms as he walks from teh WH to M1.  He does a little hand tap thing on his leg as he gets close to the chopper, and does a double tap on the hand rails as he boards.  There does seem to be an anxiety thing going on there.  Can't really blame him. I would be kinda nervous boarding the starflight to the hospital with COVID as well. 

The decision to transfer him to the hospital was simply that he is the President.
Right.

No. Because he could walk. Not because they knew it was mild. I actually expect it’s serious. But now they can manage it. Most cases of CV could be handled in the WH but if he went down and was carted off that would not look good for him. Get him out on the initial slide down while he can walk. That’s what I think happened.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Wait, he was diagnosed Wednesday morning and then went to a rally? As shitty and stupid as these people are, that would be excessively shitty and stupid. 

Excessively shitty and stupid is something I usually hope for these days. That's the high bar. I try to hope for "not insanely evil and depraved."

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread