Texas opens as a 2 point underdog v Oklahoma

TexasMan

On 10/4/2020 at 8:25 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don't know shit, but I think the Horns beat the ever loving shit out of OU

They may beat the shit out of them the entire game, but that just means a last-second FG win for turtle-Tom.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This is normally my favorite week of the year.  I even have a different Texas shirt for each day, that I normally wear to the office.

This year I'm working from home, haven't bothered wearing any Texas gear, and just realized that this is the least excited I've been about a TX-OU game in over three decades.

eff you tom

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

As much as last week/end sucked, it's still TX/OU. This is THE weekend of the year.

Fuck OU.

Fuck the Sooners and their shitty team/fanbase/band.

Get your shit together and your HORNS up!!!! 🤘

The time is currently 8:27am CST... 

Edited by Droopy
...and OU still sucks.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, utee94 said:

This is normally my favorite week of the year.  I even have a different Texas shirt for each day, that I normally wear to the office.

This year I'm working from home, haven't bothered wearing any Texas gear, and just realized that this is the least excited I've been about a TX-OU game in over three decades.

eff you tom

Same.  I have a TX buddy that puts together a huge event for this game each year.  Last year we had about 40 people @ Texas Live.  When my family and I moved back to Dallas 3 years ago, I was as excited about this day as any other reason to return home.  

This year, we're hitting up a place in Addison.  Between COVID and this shit season, I'm "meh".

when I see the players run onto the field, I will feel goosebumps, and wish like hell I had had the opportunity (and skill) to have played in just one of the Texas-ou games. My hatred for OU will rise in my heart, and I will want to beat the ever loving snot out of those cheaters.

But yeah, otherwise, this year feels different.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

As others have noted, I'm having a hard time getting up for this one.  And it's not just Covid and quarantine -- I'm plenty up for the Astros playoff run. 

But I'm seriously disappointed that our new defensive coordinator apparently hasn't fixed jack or shit.  Plus, ou is so bad that even if we win, no one will care, then we're gonna go lay an egg against some scrubs anyway, so if this game is the difference between 6-4 and 5-5, who really gives a shit?

I'm hoping I can gin up some righteous hatred by kickoff.  Because fuck ou.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think this one flies over actually.

74 college football teams are playing currently. PFF grades Texas as #72 of 74 in tackling, and OU as #73 of 74. You never know, but yeah this feels like an absurd 51-45 type of game. BTW, for those wondering who tackles worse - Vanderbilt. So that's good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

As others have noted, I'm having a hard time getting up for this one.  And it's not just Covid and quarantine -- I'm plenty up for the Astros playoff run. 

But I'm seriously disappointed that our new defensive coordinator apparently hasn't fixed jack or shit.  Plus, ou is so bad that even if we win, no one will care, then we're gonna go lay an egg against some scrubs anyway, so if this game is the difference between 6-4 and 5-5, who really gives a shit?

I'm hoping I can gin up some righteous hatred by kickoff.  Because fuck ou.

Bluechew Adventures: Full Review, Unboxing, and What to Watch Out For

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

74 college football teams are playing currently. PFF grades Texas as #72 of 74 in tackling, and OU as #73 of 74. You never know, but yeah this feels like an absurd 51-45 type of game. BTW, for those wondering who tackles worse - Vanderbilt. So that's good. 

And yet they held Aggy to 17

54 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

family guy suicide GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

So, a typical Big 12 game? 

• Hook 'Em 1

One of three things will happen:

1) We squeak by OU because they throw the game at us and we hear "TEXAS IS BACK" right up until we back our way into the Big XII championship and OU skull fucks us again - 60% chance

2) OU destroys us and we back our way into the championship game again and squeak by with a W there "TEXAS IS BACK" and get destroyed in the non-playoff bowl game... 30% chance

3) Season totally off the rails, lose to KU, we go full Chollie Strong, 10% chance of happening

I'm not sure which I prefer TBH.  I guess the Big XII win.

• Fuck You 7

8 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

1) We squeak by OU because they throw the game at us and we hear "TEXAS IS BACK" right up until we back our way into the Big XII championship and OU skull fucks us again - 60% chance

I doubt OU makes the CCG with 3 conference losses. KState and ISU have scoreboard on them and Okie Lite is looking like a bad matchup.

9 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

One of three things will happen:

2) OU destroys us and we back our way into the championship game again and squeak by with a W there "TEXAS IS BACK" and get destroyed in the non-playoff bowl game... 30% chance

3) Season totally off the rails, lose to KU, we go full Chollie Strong, 10% chance of happening

I'm not sure which I prefer TBH.  I guess the Big XII win.

Loser of this game isn't going to the big 12 title game.  Winner may not as well, but the loser is definitely out.  And who's Chollie?

On 10/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, futureman said:

two shit teams.  one has a senior 4-year starter, the other has a redshirt freshman playing like ass.  if we lose herman should be given a corn dog and fired on the field. 

I'm certain his arrogant ass would drop some mustard on the corn dog and eat it at the 50. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not feeling it. KSU and Iowa St put pressure on Rattler rushing 4 guys and both of those teams run the ball well. These are two things UT struggles with. Rattler has been accurate as hell when he has time to throw the ball and you have to get pressure on him. If this game is a shootout, we could win (in theory) if we continue to be aggressive offensively no matter the score as BlowU defense sucks. But if it's the 4th and we have anywhere from a 1 point lead or an 8 point lead, we will rush the ball 3 times for 2 yards and punt it.

Ferrell was on SiriusXM earlier and he just can’t hide his disdain for Texas.  I bet he has a life sized cardboard cutout of Lincoln in his office.  Said all the pressure is on Texas and says nothing about OU possible going 0 and 3 in conference.  Fucking pathetic.  

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Ferrell was on SiriusXM earlier and he just can’t hide his disdain for Texas.  I bet he has a life sized cardboard cutout of Lincoln in his office.  Said all the pressure is on Texas and says nothing about OU possible going 0 and 3 in conference.  Fucking pathetic.  

What pressure is on OU? They are breaking in a new QB after 3 straight trips to the CFP and 3 straight big 12 titles. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/4/2020 at 8:44 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

I had a bad feeling about TCU, but I actually feel like we're going to beat ou. After that we'll go back to doing the same stupid shit. We'll beat ou, Tom will say things are getting better, people will have hope, we lose again, wash, rinse, repeat. 

Again.......

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

What pressure is on OU? They are breaking in a new QB after 3 straight trips to the CFP and 3 straight big 12 titles. 

There’s pressure on Riley to show he can develop his hand picked QB.  I don’t think the kid is a winner but he has a ton of talent.  We will see.  Also his defensive coordinator hire is not looking too good either.   Texas wins this week and all of the sudden Riley has issues.  Not saying UT will win but I think there is pressure on both teams but Ferrell only talks about how shitty Texas is...Fuck Ferrell and the Brocks.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, stork642 said:

4hl65q.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s pressure on Riley to show he can develop his hand picked QB.  I don’t think the kid is a winner but he has a ton of talent.  We will see.  Also his defensive coordinator hire is not looking too good either.   Texas wins this week and all of the sudden Riley has issues.  Not saying UT will win but I think there is pressure on both teams but Ferrell only talks about how shitty Texas is...Fuck Ferrell and the Brocks.  

Who cares? Blowhards gonna blow...hard. It’s what they get paid to do.

Personally I don’t give a shit what other people say about Texas. I just want the ‘Horns to win.