Texas opens as a 2 point underdog v Oklahoma

TexasMan

My first RRS was between a ranked Texas squad and an Oklahoma team that hadn't yet won a single game, 1996.  OU had been through double digit losses to TCU, SDSU, and KU and a humiliating loss at home to nearby Tulsa.  But everybody told me, "It's a rivalry game, anything can happen."  But I looked at OU's schedule thus far and just couldn't see any way that such a shitty team could beat Texas.  And then Mackovic said, "Hold my wax cup beer."  

This OU team ain't '96 bad, but they're looking pretty rough so far.  Still, I think like Mackovic...Herman will find a way to fuck this up.  Thus sending, for the first time since I attended my first Texas/Oklahoma football in 1996, my 'personal' RRS winning percentage to under .400 (.385 to be exact).  I know some of y'all have been going to the game since the JFK administration and that's when our series lead began to tilt to OU's favor in Dallas...in my opinion the Cotton Bowl turf became the Longhorns' Grassy Knoll around that time.  Texas is very likely to go 3-9 against OU since the start of the Mack Brown shitshow (2010 to now).  Nevermind their case of conference trophies and Hesimans.  We gotta figure out what the fuck is going on since the wheels fell off a long time ago.  

All that to say, beating OU in 6 days will make us all shut up for awhile and get back to fun shit like the 2020 Dumpster Fire. 

Honestly, Herman always surprises when his back is against the wall. With all the rumblings of wanting urban in Austin, I’d be surprised if we don’t win this game.

This doesn’t stop me from not giving a flying fuck about this program though. Such lazy preparation and focus that it’s hard to care. I don’t look forward to football games any longer like I did in 2008 and 2009 when I was in school.

Edited by pearlandhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’d have OU favored by more.  They were up 35-14 against KSU and choked.  They also led most of the game against ISU.   

Meanwhile, Tech is the second worst team in the conference after KU, and they gained more yards than us and should have won.   TCU controlled the game, outgained us, and should have won by more if not for having to settle for a bunch of FGs while we hit a couple of long plays. 

This OU team is not good, btw, and their talent level is surprisingly depleted.   Texas actually does have more talent, but we are nonetheless the worse team so far this year despite having fewer losses. 

I don't know if "I'd have OU favored by more" or "TCU should have won by more" is a worse take.

Keep in mind Vegas gets the Texas OU line wrong almost every single year without fail.

Will be interesting to see where a TEXAS +2 line moves as the game gets closer.  If Perkins and the other suspended blOU players return, coupled with a not so good injury report for the HORNS, gotta believe more money flows towards blOU and increases the betting line...

Since Juwan went out in 1st half of tcu game, he won't have to sit vs blOU right??

1 hour ago, futureman said:

two shit teams.  one has a senior 4-year starter, the other has a redshirt freshman playing like ass.  if we lose herman should be given a corn dog and fired on the field. 

I agree with the firing, but that's a waste of a Fletcher's Corny Dog.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

My moonshot wish is that the loss lights a searing fire under Tom's ass; the players are ultra fucking pissed at themselves for fucking up that game; they come out guns BLAZING and wreck OU....then we win out the rest of the season

A man can dream, can't he?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Only thing the line is good for is wagering. And I ain't betting on this dog show.

I hope we win. Of course I do. OU sucks and all that. But what will it mean? That we're baaaack? LOL. No, it will mean that we aren't as bad--on that Saturday--as OU. It won't elevate the program; it won't restore national reputation; it won't help recruiting. We're toast, fellas. The writing is on the wall. Herman ain't fixing jack spit. He's had his chance. He's failed.

We are a middle of the road team, incapable of sustaining anything remotely resembling excellence.

Edited by BornOrange1955

6 hours ago, futureman said:

two shit teams.  one has a senior 4-year starter, the other has a redshirt freshman playing like ass.  if we lose herman should be given a corn dog and fired on the field. 

One also looks like an ass with bleached dingle berries 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BornOrange1955 said:

Only thing the line is good for is wagering. And I ain't betting on this dog show.

I hope we win. Of course I do. OU sucks and all that. But what will it mean? That we're baaaack? LOL. No, it will mean that we aren't as bad--on that Saturday--as OU. It won't elevate the program; it won't restore national reputation; it won't help recruiting. We're toast, fellas. The writing is on the wall. Herman ain't fixing jack spit. He's had his chance. He's failed.

We are a middle of the road team, incapable of sustaining anything remotely resembling excellence.

As long as we stay in the big 12, we will never get top talent on defense. This league punishes you for playing defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Also, joseph ossaiah puts rattler 3 feet into the ground

I like Ossai but I think it is more likely that he arrives a half second too late (as it seems entire D line does) and gets a targeting foul. Just seems D line over runs QBs and one thing Rattler did show is that the dude can escape the pocket if you arm tackle him.