Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

7 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

From
Liucci

Long story short, this one never got to the finish line and the roadblock was tonight's meeting to approve the hire involving the A&M brass.

With this news breaking as I type, I can say I've never seen anything like this but have also been on the phone with every level of this thing throughout the night and think this is very likely to go one of two ways for the Aggies:

The Ags pivot and tab former DC and Duke boss Mike Elko and team him with Elijah Robinson and a new-look staff or simply remove the interim tag from E-Rob and revamp things from there accordingly. Either way would be wildly popular with players and the current recruits.

Absolute best way to run a football program filled with culture rot: hire guys to keep the culture rot in place.

What could go wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

It seems amazingly impossible for one program to consistently be the laughingstock of the college football world, but here we are.

I said almost the same thing to Brent Zwinerman on Twitter. And not just football, but all sports. How a school with the resources, student base, alumni base etc ... that A&M has doesn't somehow just LUCK into a championship in football, baseball, basketball etc ....  It defies rational statistical probability. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This is the kind of recklessness you would expect from a group that truly believes they stole a great coach from a top program 6 years ago and so can just  do that again because they are such a destination.  All these years and mockings later and they still didn’t understand how they came to have jimbo, even though he did them the same way he did fsu. 

• Hook 'Em 4

“E-Rob” needs to hold out for a minimum of a one year, $50M contract. The reason being is that aggy will use him to keep the recruiting in place, and retain the vaunted best recruiting class ever. After doing this, he will promptly be fired and likely never to coach again after the highly embarrassing season plays out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s remarkable to come to the realization that Elko turned aggy down, probably multiple times, for probably $11M+ per year. Much respect to Elko for having the confidence and self respect to turn it down.

It doesn’t sound like he was in the running to begin with which is wild.

9 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It’s remarkable to come to the realization that Elko turned aggy down, probably multiple times, for probably $11M+ per year. Much respect to Elko for having the confidence and self respect to turn it down.

Don't make dumb shit up like that 11 million number.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

It doesn’t sound like he was in the running to begin with which is wild.

We all know he was at the top of their list, and for good reason. The timeline is such that he likely turned them down initially, so they went to Option B and so on. As the aggy got ever more embarrassed by national pundits questioning their rightful place at the pinnacle of CFB, they would have no choice but to circle back to Elko with an even bigger deal, just to save face. And obviously he said no again. Will the Aggy circle back to him a third time?

2 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

We all know he was at the top of their list, and for good reason. The timeline is such that he likely turned them down initially, so they went to Option B and so on. As the aggy got ever more embarrassed by national pundits questioning their rightful place at the pinnacle of CFB, they would have no choice but to circle back to Elko with an even bigger deal, just to save face. And obviously he said no again. Will the Aggy circle back to him a third time?

In general your terrible takes are football board level hot takes. Go back there.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Get a fucking grip. These are terrible takes. They’re like the aggie coaching search of forum posts. 

E-Rob is being set up to be the fall guy next year. He should be paid handsomely for it. Otherwise he could continue his coaching career elsewhere, a career in which he presumably has a good future in.

If he allows aggy to use him as a patsy for minimal money and essentially ends his career over the next year, that would be a sad deal for him personally.

Just now, Navin R. Johnson said:

E-Rob is being set up to be the fall guy next year. He should be paid handsomely for it. Otherwise he could continue his coaching career elsewhere, a career in which he presumably has a good future in.

If he allows aggy to use him as a patsy for minimal money and essentially ends his career over the next year, that would be a sad deal for him personally.

No one is getting paid $50M for one season of coaching, guy. Jesus. I am not even interested in the rest of the discussion around this with you, as you seem to have wandered onto the wrong forum. SEC Rant is that way >>>>

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

No one is getting paid $50M for one season of coaching, guy. Jesus. I am not even interested in the rest of the discussion around this with you, as you seem to have wandered onto the wrong forum. SEC Rant is that way >>>>

How much is Jimbo getting paid not to coach?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Texags/a&m had to have been dropping tons of private sponsorship money for late to be spewing the shit he has been about them. He’s also said A&M is better job than Michigan or Ohio state lol

That Academy sponsorship just keeps looking worse and worse for Pate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TXpride said:

But..but.. recruits!!!

aggie isn't capable of thinking more than 3 months into the future.

It's the only ranking they've done well in this century. Somebody has their current talent level at #4 in the country. That's top five, baby!

In 2022 they won a natty in recruiting. Number one, baby!

It's. All. They. Have.

12 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

When I mentioned Stoops yesterday, I was about three days into chasing down said scoop. All of the 'breaking' Ryan Day or Dabo Swinney stuff was simply smoke and mirrors in the agent and coaching world, as the guys drawing the most serious interest down the stretch were Stoops and Duke's Mike Elko, along with Utah's Kyle Whittingham entering the mix late. Arizona's Jedd Fisch was close to receiving an in-person interview, as well, but the Aggies made their choice and didn't look back when going with the man who has led Big Blue Nation for the past eleven seasons.

You literally couldn’t script this up any better

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Absolute best way to run a football program filled with culture rot: hire guys to keep the culture rot in place.

What could go wrong?

That is funny. I hadn't thought of that, to tell the truth.

Jimbo was too strict! We want Coach Robinson!

Gummies for everybody! Practice attendance optional! 

Not arguing this at all because it just doesn’t happen but how did miss state get rid of their coach one year in? Nobody is talking about it. It’s obvious he wasn’t gonna work but I can’t believe they did it.

31 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not going to post all the tweets - but Bomani has been roasting delusional fans and sportswriters on Twitter who think aggy is anything more than an 8 win job.

I'll let that slide as long as you promise to post any roasting of ari the inbred, or pate the suck-up.

8 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Not arguing this at all because it just doesn’t happen but how did miss state get rid of their coach one year in? Nobody is talking about it. It’s obvious he wasn’t gonna work but I can’t believe they did it.

Interim tag removed he was in way over his head didn’t have the connections to hire decent OC. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Navin Johnson showing up as either a new poster, or more likely his latest handle, to tell us the real business with his horribad takes on what should be nothing but a fucking endless thread of joy is the worst thing that could happen on this Sunday morning. Fuck. 

Just let it go, it’s not worth it.  This is the equivalent of grandma repeatedly trying to bring up political conspiracy theories at an otherwise excellent thanksgiving evening.  If you ignore him long enough he’ll tire himself out, wander off, or drink enough Chardonnay to pass out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Arnett only got that job because Leach died when the transfer portal was open, I believe MSU didn’t have an AD and it was after the coaching carousel had already ended. Arnett was an emergency stop gap to stop everyone from poaching MSU roster and then not getting to be able to hire a coach until after the portal had already closed if they had done a proper coaching search.

• Like 1