Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

4 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

~~"We will be unable to play our bowl game. We don't even have an AD or a corch"~~

As good as those stupid fucks are at organizing shit like T-shirt sales, you'd think that organizing a halfway decent football team in an area adjacent to Houston and East Texas as an SEC brand would be something they could do at least every once in a while.  It's like some sort of cosmic joke on them. They've got every advantage imaginable and can't even accidentally stumble on success. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Anything on the aggie sites about what Shemar Turner is going to do? 

Taylor Hamm has opinions, sir. Does that count?

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

As good as those stupid fucks are at organizing shit like T-shirt sales, you'd think that organizing a halfway decent football team in an area adjacent to Houston and East Texas as an SEC brand would be something they could do at least every once in a while.  It's like some sort of cosmic joke on them. They've got every advantage imaginable and can't even accidentally stumble on success. 

It's ironic you mention that, since their primary NIL mechanism is literally the local T-shirt store. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I haven't seen anything that has Turner higher than a mid to late round draft grade. Maybe I'm missing other mock drafts. 

I wouldn't be totally shocked if he returns. 

The early draft stuff is useless to me outside of whatever Brugler writes, and he's only done a top 60 so far 

• Hook 'Em 2

Gerry (formerly IT, now On3) pointed out in a recent video that S&C had changed. It used to be that the S&C coach was the only one allowed around players in the off-season, but the NCAA changed that rule and now allows coaches to be around and work out with players in the off season. You know longer need a ‘drill sergeant’ to keep players in line - the coach is around and can hold players accountable. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Vermin said:

New aggy turdition is being a retirement plan for washed up coaches in the college football community.

Moffitt just got caught up in all the cleansing at LSU post-Orgeron. Kelly wanted to bring in his own guy. Moffitt won a ring with Saban, Miles, and Orgeron. He was a constant there and still lives in Baton Rouge. He has had tons of offers to leave over the years and stayed because he had made a home there.  

Moffitt is one of, if not the best S&C coach in the country.

Edited by Tex Pete

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If only they could organize a football team through an online poll. They'd be unstoppable.

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Moffitt just got caught up in all the cleansing at LSU post-Orgeron. Kelly wanted to bring in his own guy. Moffitt won a ring with Saban, Miles, and Orgeron. He was a constant there and still lives in Baton Rouge. He has had tons of offers to leave over the years and stayed because he had made a home there.  

Moffitt was one of, if not the best S&C coach in the country.

Fify. This is 2023-2024, not 5-10 years ago. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 2

LSU had a LOT of injuries in Moffitt's final couple of years there, he was losing popularity at the time on his firing. He's from the "we don't need fancy machines, if you're not puking your guts out you're not trying"-type old school. Think Pat Moorer.

It'd be hilarious to see A&M's entire roster posted on the front window of his office, though.

ybrPm.jpg

Edited by satyanash
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

tumblr_pr7kr7u3uV1qj6sk2o3_540.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

LSU had a LOT of injuries in Moffitt's final couple of years there, he was losing popularity at the time on his firing. He's from the "we don't need fancy machines, if you're not puking your guts out you're not trying"-type old school. Think Pat Moorer.

Yes, he's very old school and also apparently a drill sergeant type. 

With the portal, I question these type hires. You want a guy that pushes players but you also don't want a guy running off players. Beyond the injuries, there were also rumors of him scaring players off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Ha. You are overstating his value here, man. The portal and NIL have adversely affected guys like Moffitt in ways that marginalize his capabilities. Dude is in his 60's, he's a hard ass, and he's not changing. He's also behind on the latest and greatest. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

...and then? Dude won a national championship in 2019.

Yeah I’m sure his S&C really made Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Joe Burrow into the elite talents they were. Dude is washed and you’re all on his dick. Dude is Mad Dog 2.0 now.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He is nothing like Pat Moorer. His focus is Olympic lifts for explosion and power.

And again, his team won the national championship in 2003, 2007, and 2019. I am not saying he will succeed at A&M, but he is damned good at what he does.

Just now, Tex Pete said:

He is nothing like Pat Moorer. His focus is Olympic lifts for explosion and power.

And again, his team won the national championship in 2003, 2007, and 2019. I am not saying he will succeed at A&M, but he is damned good at what he does.

Excuse me if I’m wrong but weren’t you hyper critical of Becton his first year here? 

• Hook 'Em 1