If not Urban Meyer, who?

Beau Vine

If not Urban Myer, who?  

347 members have voted

1. 1. Suppose we can't/won't get Urban Meyer...who is your backup plan?

• Bryan Harsin
    • Chris Petersen
    • Bob Stoops
    • Mack Brown
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Steve Sarkisian
    • James Franklin
    • Bill O'Brien
    • Gus Mahlzan
    • Kyle Shanahan
    • would rather keep Herman if we can't get Meyer
    • Other, mention in reply
    • PJ Fleck
    • Matt Campbell
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Jesus Christ himself

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

ASU vs USC this weekend....

Seems like Ol' Herm is doing pretty decent job of building ASU. He's running his program like an NFL organization, and selling that his staff will better develop players for the NFL.  He also has improved the recruiting at ASU -- Herm gets that better recruiting is critical for success in CFB.

For discussion purposes, just say Urban is actually done coaching CFB, who else might be able to replicate what Herm Edwards is currently doing ASU??

Jeff Fisher?

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Jeff Fisher could fuck up a one man rock fight.  Has been added to the running and  seemingly growing “FU” list?

Im aware of...

FUCB

FUPM/FUMB

FUTH

was there ever an “FUCS” or an “FUDD”...there HAD to have been an “FUSP”; yah?

well, back to jeff fisher...”Hey Jeff, VY called and said, ‘FUJF!”

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Sarkisian?

Seems like he has gotten his shit together and survived and thrived under Saban 

Pop a top again.  I think I'll have another round.  Set 'em up my friend.  Then I'll be gone and you can let some other fool sit down.

Edited by lemonandaturd

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

ASU vs USC this weekend....  Seems like Ol' Herm is doing pretty decent job of building ASU. He's running his program like an NFL organization, and selling that his staff will better develop players for the NFL.  He also has improved the recruiting at ASU -- Herm gets that better recruiting is critical for success in CFB.

For discussion purposes, just say Urban is actually done coaching CFB, who else might be able to replicate what Herm Edwards is currently doing ASU??

Herm Edwards success at ASU discussed here... Starts at 6:25 mark

Edited by LTtxfan

I am a huge PJ Fleck fan and I think he will continue to be awesome in Minnesota but I don't know if he is the right guy for us. He is a rustbelt guy and he doesn't have that resume people here want to see. And some people might not buy his personality which I think kind of works in the midwest but might be kind of...um...hokey here.
He is only 39 years old though so if people were looking for that young and hungry coach he is a possibility.
But people seem to want some old dude with a long track record behind him. Fair enough, we have already tried two up and comers.
He's toned down his schtick at Minny, either because theyre a bigger program that has more entrenched culture and heritage, or because he's older and established now..maybe a combo of both. I cant see him coming to Austin trying to change things too much culturewise, but even if he does, winning makes all the nonsense much more palatable.

Having said that, Fleck should only be a backup plan. I'm not totally convinced he'd have much more success with Charlies half baked cake if he were hired instead of Herman.

Hmmmm.......

Chris Del Conte Called A Booster Last Week Asking For Money To Buyout Herman And Confirmed He Had Urban Meyer’s Verbal Commitment

QB32 days ago8 Comments

Tom Herman responds to report that pins him as the tipster who set the investigation at Ohio State into motion

Look, I am not giving you my source. That source being the booster. So, I get it. You may not believe me, say I am trolling, etc, but I promise you that is not the case. Del Conte 100% called this specific booster, asked for $1 million to help with the buyout and told said booster he had a verbal commitment from Urban to be the Longhorn’s next head football coach. Facts. And for the record, this booster said he would be willing to give the $1 million.

Now personally, I don’t want Urban in burnt orange. I’ve said it a million times, Urban winning Texas a Championship would feel cheap. The beauty of winning a National Championship after a drought is the long, hard struggle it took to get back to the top. So buying a Ship will just never sit right with me. Plus, Urban will never be “our” guy. We’d be his sloppy 3rds behind Florida and Ohio State. No thanks.

Now, as to this nugget KD dropped today which caused a complete shit storm on twitter:

He’s right. There is a huge strain in the Herman/CDC relationship. Which obviously stems from CDC wanting to fire his ass and hire Urban. And really, there’s no way their relationship can come back from that. It’s definitely a “can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube” type of situation. Except if you do one thing and one thing only — WIN.

And to Herman’s credit, he won Saturday. Don’t tell me this doesn’t look like a guy who knows he’s a loss away from being canned:

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Now, as to this nugget KD dropped today which caused a complete shit storm on twitter:  He’s right. There is a huge strain in the Herman/CDC relationship. Which obviously stems from CDC wanting to fire his ass and hire Urban. And really, there’s no way their relationship can come back from that. It’s definitely a “can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube” type of situation. Except if you do one thing and one thing only — WIN.    And to Herman’s credit, he won Saturday. Don’t tell me this doesn’t look like a guy who knows he’s a loss away from being canned:

KD's comments from Monday Nov 2nd... 

Edited by LTtxfan

So much teasing, so much trolling....I will eat crow if the the Pope gets hired but all these “leaks” and “intel” seems like so much stuff and nonsense at this point,... except perhaps to light the final fire under the mensanator.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it would be great and work out well if we got UM this year, just doubting the “sources”.

Edited by El Squared

If Fleck's name is even being uttered by any non-spineless BMD's we have a huge fucking organizational issue. Herman is a better coach than Fleck ffs.
If he stays our coach he will have an uphill battle to salvage recruiting...a transition year level class in year 5 without a coaching change isnt going to help anything.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, ousux said:
20 hours ago, ztejas said:
If Fleck's name is even being uttered by any non-spineless BMD's we have a huge fucking organizational issue. Herman is a better coach than Fleck ffs.

If he stays our coach he will have an uphill battle to salvage recruiting...a transition year level class in year 5 without a coaching change isnt going to help anything.

It's already crumbling and sliding backwards, however, not sure how things would improve even w/ top 5 classes if the same parasite is HC.

10 hours ago, ousux said:
21 hours ago, ztejas said:

18 minutes ago, El Squared said:

It's already crumbling and sliding backwards, however, not sure how things would improve even w/ top 5 classes if the same parasite is HC.

I'm trying to find where I said that we should keep Herman.

Matt Campbell still losing composure on sidelines as evidenced by baylor game right now.

Hope he stays at Iowa State for awhile... a job like Michigan, Penn State or TEXAS right now might be too early in his career.   (like Mensa to UT)

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect

12 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Christobal would create a juggernaut at Texas. He's the antidote to Lincoln Riley.

Ageee 100%. He’d recruit lights out, would develop that talent and produce a ton of NFL draft picks attracting more talent. He is young and coach us for the next 20 years and make us into a monster. If we are serious about winning, Cristobal is who we need to hire if Urban says no.

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Somebody posted that TEXAS won't go after Christobal because of Phil Knight (Nike) at Oregon...

I have heard that argument being made. I don’t get it. Is he the highest paid coach in college football? No, we can offer him to come back to the South where is from and he’d be able to recruit Texas and Florida. You can’t beat that. Texas is still a better job