The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

I'm so very proud to be American today. This is not Nam, there are rules. It's hard to remember that there are still out there  people that have some gd ethics and morals and can see the long game. I'm old enough to remember Watergate dominating daytime viewing hours and how it felt that we,as a country, were being exposed to the truth.

I spent sometime in tears today to see such a hero. Schiff's line was great about how hard  and diligently Mueller had worked only to probably be criticized for life.

I'm also pissed at the people on this board who called out Mueller for not not acting more forcefully,more vocally to prove them right. You blanketed it in "omg! impeachment chances are slipping away".  Mueller clearly recognized that any hard push on Trump was going to result in subpoenas that would be challenged endlessly. You guys are on my side or me on yours, but you revealed yourselves and helped open my eyes.

" Sir, you don't seem like the kind of person who would flinch".

Edited by Nolacycling
Mueller's jock is like Thor's hammer. Go ahead and try to pick it up.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

POTUS is a complete moron if he thinks today went well for him meaning he doesn't understand what he's watching and surrounded by "yes" peeps.

And what Mueller bombshell from today do you think is going to damage Trump?   Did I miss something?  

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

@hayden_horn I thought there had been put in place a 50-post count requirement to be able to post in the Politics board for preventing new trolls.

Well that's your Uncle Bean. He's always been able to get around the rules just like that time he tried to cop a feel of your wife at the wedding.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sachick said:

In an ideal world it would be to announce the opening of an impeachment inquiry. But we live in a world where Donald Trump is president so it will be just to hear themselves talk.

Consider that R's did nothing today to diminish Mueller's testimony or report.  I'd like to think that's incentive to get on with impeachment.  For all the spin and attention focused on D's efforts, R's revealed they're shooting blanks.  They will try to spin this as a disaster and a mistake.  It's a bluff.  I still am ok with a timeline of starting impeachment hearings sometime before the end of '19, but ideally before the Roger Stone trial starts in early Nov.  Time to get it on.

5 minutes ago, unclebean said:

don't gotta hate on a guy just cause they have a different opinion than you 🤷‍♂️

Hey look everyone, another poster with no history wading right into the CR with an ‘awww shucks’ attitude and victim complex.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

must be a part of it.

After posting the question, I saw he signed up in November. I think the rule was made just after then when a several troll accounts with zero posts were created and started invading the board.

Edited by bolverk
Thanks for checking into it.

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, isn’t that sort of a crime? I mean, it used to be.

You mean this?

DEMINGS: "Isn't it fair to say that the President's written answers were not only inadequate and incomplete because he didn't answer many of your questions, but where he did, his answers showed that he wasn't always being truthful?"

MUELLER: "I would say, generally."

The "perjury" part?  That's a crime?  

Image result for george costanza had i known

• Like 1

Here's my question -- does any of it matter?  Did a single person in America change their mind or position today?  Those who read any of the report and have paid any attention know that we have a crooked criminal in the White House.  Those who are loyal to Trump won't ever change their mind -- no matter what the evidence, shooting a man in the face in the middle of 5th avenue, etc.  And then there is the biggest group -- those that aren't paying any attention at all, and haven't done so.   They aren't paying attention now, so they aren't moving either.

Positions vis-a-vis the administration are fixed.  The only thing that can change them is an externality that likely has little to do with the POTUS.  If we drop into a deep recession, that might change minds.  Likewise, if economic pressures push average worker pay up, that might move some folks.  Otherwise, everyone who's paying attention has already decided.  And anyone who isn't paying attention isn't going to suddenly start. 

Today was theater.  Everything has been theater, playing to an audience that has already reviewed the play before it was performed, or an audience that isn't even in the theater at all.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Brisket,

I don't know. I do think that the time for action is now. Tamely playing politics, at this point, legitimizes Trump's actions and sets a horrible precedent for what presidents can do.

Time to fight now. The facts are right there. If no one on the other side changes their mind, I don't care in my calculation. Fight now. Fight hard. Win or lose, it's the best decision.

I'm there. I don't think passive strategies have any chance of good outcome. Fascism is at our door.

Trump delenda est.

GOP delenda est.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Brisket,

I don't know. I do think that the time for action is now. Tamely playing politics, at this point, legitimizes Trump's actions and sets a horrible precedent for what presidents can do.

Time to fight now. The facts are right there. If no one on the other side changes their mind, I don't care in my calculation. Fight now. Fight hard. Win or lose, it's the best decision.

I'm there. I don't think passive strategies have any chance of good outcome. Fascism is at our door.

Trump delenda est.

GOP delenda est.

Agreed wholeheartedly.  You go to war with the army you have.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's my question -- does any of it matter?  Did a single person in America change their mind or position today?  

Impeachment inquiry and votes on articles of impeachment matter. Put every GOP member up for re-election on record voting that crimes committed while President don’t matter. I think that moves the needle where GOP could lose the senate in the next election. Add in Trump’s daily Twitter melt downs during the hearings and he’ll be crushed in 2020. I know you’re president and founder of the “lol nothing matters” club, but this matters. It matters historically, democratically, and can valuably shape our national conversation for the next two years 

I think there are two ways to influence undecideds in the next year and a half. Either engage Trump constantly on Twitter, and get in the mud with the pig, or impeach him.

I guess the Ds could run a media blitz for the next 16 months, but they don't seem to be able to stay on one message or to maintain intensity over weeks and weeks.

• Like 1

I thought the Dems looked more competent today, with what little I saw.

That's the good that came out of it.  Whether that translates to votes, who knows.

At some point you just have to be for slight competence and against idiocy.  Votes don't matter.  It's whether you have any standards that matter.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's my question -- does any of it matter?  Did a single person in America change their mind or position today?  Those who read any of the report and have paid any attention know that we have a crooked criminal in the White House.  Those who are loyal to Trump won't ever change their mind -- no matter what the evidence, shooting a man in the face in the middle of 5th avenue, etc.  And then there is the biggest group -- those that aren't paying any attention at all, and haven't done so.   They aren't paying attention now, so they aren't moving either.

Positions vis-a-vis the administration are fixed.  The only thing that can change them is an externality that likely has little to do with the POTUS.  If we drop into a deep recession, that might change minds.  Likewise, if economic pressures push average worker pay up, that might move some folks.  Otherwise, everyone who's paying attention has already decided.  And anyone who isn't paying attention isn't going to suddenly start. 

Today was theater.  Everything has been theater, playing to an audience that has already reviewed the play before it was performed, or an audience that isn't even in the theater at all.

Rule #1 in psychological warfare is repetition.  

Why do we keep blaring the same messages at the enemy when they clearly aren’t phased?

Because it wears them down and breaks their will...eventually. 

This is the strategy Trump and the GOP have employed on us for 2+ years with straight up lies and conspiracy theories.  It’s on the rest of us to keep blasting back with facts.  Without unyielding fidelity to the facts, the truth will die and freedom will quickly follow.

Now please pour me a glass of scotch.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not one to bag on the press too much, but surely somebody asked "then why did you claim total exoneration for so long"?

Trump:  “I totally exonerated myself.  They’ll let you do that when you’re President. It clearly says it right there in Article 2 of the constitution, which by the way, is the most beautiful Article in the constitution.  But of course you knew that didn’t you?  The only thing the founders got wrong in the constitution was Article 1.  I think it’s clear Article 2 should really be Article 1 and many legal scholars are saying this now, which is great to see.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Seriously. If positions reversed, GOP would have impeachment inquiry opened ages ago. If no announcement today, when? (Answer: likely never)

If no announcement today I think we should all just stop talking about impeachment and accept that it will be up to us, the voters, to get rid of him at the ballot box.  Our representatives will have failed in their duty to their citizens.

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Seriously. If positions reversed, GOP would have impeachment inquiry opened ages ago. If no announcement today, when? (Answer: likely never)

Yep. The fact that Lieu said "What the American people and other members of Congress do with that in the next few days...." tells me all you need to hear. Either put up or shut up. Because if they do nothing the only thing that comes of it is giving cable news show's fodder to soil themselves over for the next several days.  

1 hour ago, sachick said:

Ted Lieu not mincing words.

12 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Before the election, plenty of elected Republicans were openly talking about impeaching Hillary within her first month in office.

Pelosi should come out full guns blazing at the Republicans.  Publicly shame them for betraying the public trust throughout this process and carrying the water for the criminal in the White House.  

What Pelosi will do:

“We will continue to stay focused on our “for the people” agenda and not let the President distract us from doing our duty and serving the people that elected us to office.”