2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

On 3/17/2022 at 1:50 PM, F250 said:

On 3/17/2022 at 5:05 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Cute. He’s going to lose by 15+. 

I would bet hawley would win but unsure about 15. Hawley beat Mccaskill by 6.  Still Dems need to stop worrying about winning MO as it’s trending too red. Better to focus on statewide races in states that have growing metro areas.

So embarrassing. “One time science led me to a question I don’t understand and refuse to investigate in any way and could answer with a 10 second google search.  Think about it!”

How is this not damaging to the brand? How does no one in the audience get offended that there is an assumption of 4th grade intelligence?

Because that assumption is actually generous when it comes to their base?

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I mean, if the Republicans manage to nominate J.D. Vance, Herschel Walker, and Dr. Fucking Oz, we're really going to have to stop talking about the Democrats being incompetent at politics for a while.

Not after they're elected to the Senate, we're not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I mean, if the Republicans manage to nominate J.D. Vance, Herschel Walker, and Dr. Fucking Oz, we're really going to have to stop talking about the Democrats being incompetent at politics for a while.

Given they'd end up batting .333 or even going 0-for in those races, this might be a little premature.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Except that all 3 will be elected.  Incompetent Dems don't get elected. 

lol JD Vance is shit.

He’s the offspring of grifting trash and is carrying on his fine family tradition.

He’s just leveled up from the “holler” to the national stage.

And “Hillbilly Elegy” is a piece of crap ass fuck.

Fuck him and his technocrat backers and enablers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Really smart move by Dems IMO.

I’m not sure I’ve ever thought that the party has done something smart.

Utah Democrats seem to be a little more savvy than Dems in other states.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What does this mean?

image.gif.68a50ffb8925b8a6544742f8fdc367d3.gif

McMullin is a Mormon, pulled in 21% of the votes as an independent in the 2016 Presidential election, and at times he polled ahead of Hillary and Trump.  He's a never-Trumper, and a former Republican.

Lot of Mormons do not like Trump, and Trump has shit on the folks they like (and their state).

He has insane name recognition in Utah.  He could very well pull it off.  Which helps the Dems in the Senate.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Won’t McMullen caucus with the Rs and vote with them 99% of the time?

I guess it would be a positive to have one less vote for treason and overturning elections but I think that’s the limit.

Probably not - He hates McConnell (and even called Mike Lee a far-right insurrectionist), was a never-Trumper and was not keen on what the GOP has become.

In 2017, he was actually ahead of Orrin Hatch (RIP) had he run for the Senate in 2018, but Hatch didn't run again.

Pretty good article about how McMullin was going after the Republicans (as they currently are).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/18/evan-mcmullin-tries-thread-needle-utah/

• Hook 'Em 3

Won’t McMullen caucus with the Rs and vote with them 99% of the time?
I guess it would be a positive to have one less vote for treason and overturning elections but I think that’s the limit.

No. He has said that he won’t caucus with R or D. Basically the D party is hoping to take one away from the R, without adding to their own count. There’s no way that a D wins Utah, so a R loss is as good as it gets for that seat.

4 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Interesting- I agree that an R loss is as good it will get in Utah

Yeah, and Mike Lee was originally against Trump as well, before doing a 180 and sucking up to Trump in a hugely way, no matter what Trump said or did which, again, pissed off plenty of his constituents back home.  

For reference, in 2016, Trump had 45%, Hillary 27%, McMullin 21%.

Lee easily won in 2016...against a transgender woman who was a big LGBQT advocate.

2022 is not going to be so easy for Lee, as he's having to defend his January 6th bullshit.  And it's Utah, where a Democrat won mayor of Salt Lake City in 2020.

• Hook 'Em 1

This stands out for me

a Mormon, McMullin could not indulge in the vices that often help to build such bonds, so he used his piousness and his experience before college as a missionary in Brazil to his advantage.

“He believes in what he says and that’s how he recruited people,” the station chief said. “People fundamentally trust Evan

• Hook 'Em 1

This stands out for me

a Mormon, McMullin could not indulge in the vices that often help to build such bonds, so he used his piousness and his experience before college as a missionary in Brazil to his advantage.

“He believes in what he says and that’s how he recruited people,” the station chief said. “People fundamentally trust Evan

Lots of Mormons in the CIA

On 4/24/2022 at 1:22 PM, Gil Bang said:

Lots of Mormons in the CIA

They pass background checks: not only bc of Mormon abstinence and/or they can lie well in the George canstanza “it’s not a lie if you believe it” way,  know languages bc of missions, and have a sense of community / service.

It’s a fertile recruiting base. 

Edited by Dnaguy