Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Wait, so expectant mothers can earn points towards diapers and baby clothes by enrolling in xian study classes? How many diapers do they get for being able to quote Ezekiel 23:20?

My mom volunteered at such a “shelter.” She did not agree with me that calling such practices charity is an inaccurate description.

Again - If Republicans care so much about Children why is our Foster care system so abysmal?  I mean there are armies of folks who love children so much they will stand all day and yell and scream and reach heavenward to save the child potentially being aborted.

You want to have a good laugh.  Stop one day at one of the protest lines and ask to meet their foster or adopted children.  You see it's a lot easier to make a political issue about something that DOES NOT PERSONALLY AFFECT YOUR LIFE, than take responsibility and raise of take care of the ACTUAL CHILDREN you profess to care so much about PRIOR TO BIRTH.

Basically the difference between Republican Christianity and actual Christianity, is that so much of the focus is on others.  Others that need to conform their their "Christian" beliefs on things like abortion, gay marriage, black marrying whites (may or may not be a settled issue according to this Supreme Court), or what the parents of trans kids are doing.  Never is it reflective, or broadly designed to help any group.  For Republicans religion is mostly from my experience about judging others...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

kansas, and of course it's on the ballot in august instead of in the general in 3 months:

The measure, Amendment 2, would reverse a 2019 decision by the state Supreme Court establishing a right to abortion in the Kansas Bill of Rights, representing yet another flashpoint in a years-long battle between conservative groups and the state supreme court. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kansas-voters-will-be-the-first-to-directly-weigh-in-on-abortion-rights-in-the-post-roe-era/ar-AAZ0JIY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c49c878b07c8475a831e9b270c1cfc23

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

Lol just making sure. I lived there in high school and early college. Didn't want you to blaspheme one of my Austin institutions. 

Technically, a Houston institution, but I never made it there before they opened up the Austin version.

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

Well to an Austin kid in high school in the 90s it was an Austin institution. But yes, sadly a Houston product. 

Memory fades, I can't remember how long it was no admission, at some point it went to $1, but that place got a LOT of my business.  

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Memory fades, I can't remember how long it was no admission, at some point it went to $1, but that place got a LOT of my business.  

Indeed. Had a high school friend who was in the Impossibles so always was there (or liberty lunch) watching them and other bands. Along with some of the best shows I've seen during free day shows at SXSW. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:21 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Wait, so expectant mothers can earn points towards diapers and baby clothes by enrolling in xian study classes? How many diapers do they get for being able to quote Ezekiel 23:20?

No idea but if you can recite Ezekiel 25:17 you get a Bad Motherfucker diaper bag

• Haha 3

A Dallas City Council committee is set to vote on a resolution that would ban city workers from cooperating with any investigation related to abortions unless it’s to uphold a patient’s right to reproductive care.

The resolution would also block workers from using city government resources toward investigating or storing data about abortions and miscarriages.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I think you have to be pretty stupid not to be able to tell how you want to vote on that given the language in the article. Given the fact that there are no more stupid Republicans voting than stupid Democrats, I have to assume that erroneous votes will either cancel out or favor the pro choice side 

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I think you have to be pretty stupid not to be able to tell how you want to vote on that given the language in the article. Given the fact that there are no more stupid Republicans voting than stupid Democrats, I have to assume that erroneous votes will either cancel out or favor the pro choice side 

Oh, there is a giant "vote yes" sign out in front of the church that was my polling place with a silhouette of a mother holding a baby, so I think anyone with half a brain could figure out they should vote no.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Georgia residents can now claim embryos as dependents on their state taxes, the state's Revenue Department announced Monday.

"In light of the June 24, 2022, U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization and the July 20, 2022, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling in Sistersong v. Kemp, the Department will recognize any unborn child with a detectable human heartbeat ... as eligible for the Georgia individual income tax dependent exemption," the department said in a statement.

The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled last month that "Georgia’s prohibition on abortions after detectable human heartbeat is rational."

The state's Living Infants and Fairness Equality Act "defines a 'natural person' as 'any human being including an un-born child,'" the court ruled.

Georgia residents can now claim embryos as dependents on state taxes (nbcnews.com)

On 7/29/2022 at 1:44 PM, wildcat09 said:

I'm shocked to think that an opportunist Republican politician might lie about something, particularly if they think they will suffer no consequences and there will be piling on of the victim.