COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

For those keeping score, I did in fact stay home from work after fever went from normal to 103+ in a span of 3 hours last night.   Total beatdown. Pretty sure this one is the flu.  I've had a nice run of probably 8-10 years without a meaningful flu but guess I was due.  Hoping the flu vax at least makes this short lived.

On 1/14/2024 at 9:30 PM, Caver60 said:

I got the Pfizer booster at the beginning of December in anticipation of holiday gatherings.

I didn’t have any side effects, and I’ve had them from every previous vaccination. So that was nice.

There are so many great people out there. There are some shitheads too. There is a lot of overlap in that Venn diagram when it comes to sickness/vaccination behavior. The only part that bothers me is that so many peoples’ default is not “This might help, and it’s not a huge burden, so I’m gonna do it.”

Yeah, it seems with every covid shot, the side effects are less severe. 

But @Jive Turkey is correct, the shingrix vax is no joke. That shit sucked. Also, my arm after the shingrix vax was really sore. 

• 3 months later...
What do you mean?

He means that if it is established that there are any negative side effects of a vaccine, even if a small number, that means vaccines are bad and the smart people are the ones who refused them.
He is also someone who points to the statistically rare instances of seat belts hurting people as proof that only idiots wear their seat belt to preventing or death.
TLDR; more arguments by people who are bad at math.
  • Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He means that if it is established that there are any negative side effects of a vaccine, even if a small number, that means vaccines are bad and the smart people are the ones who refused them.
He is also someone who points to the statistically rare instances of seat belts hurting people as proof that only idiots wear their seat belt to preventing or death.

I thought all these proudly ignorant motherfuckers got Herman Cained

• Hook 'Em 1

If you give a couple billion people a medicine, you shouldn’t be surprised that you end up with a few thousand adverse events. 

give a couple billion people peanut butter, or shrimp scampi, and you’d get the same. 

there’s also the issue of misappropriation of symptoms.  Some number of those AEs are just assumed by the affected to be related to the vaccine due to appearing near the time of inoculation, when there is another cause. Of course if you don’t go to the doctor, or don’t believe your doctor as an agent of the industry, but choose to rant online then those get aggregated into the actual AEs by the online community looking to promote such things. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I wish I could turn back the clock, assume the presidency, not close anything down, not order social distancing, and not create a vaccine

How many millions of AMERICANS would be dead? Assuming around a 1% infection to death rate. 10 million? 20 million?

….Nervous Key And Peele GIF

go on, you can say it…

image.jpeg.3338262214bdb0355d8363f02d52b224.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Aha Shake said:

The NYT is now Anti-Vax?

No. The NYT is not anti-vax. The paper is reporting a tiny portion of vaccine recipients possibly having adverse reactions might not be getting medical attention they deserve. You are anti-vax. It’s why you’re necro-bumping the COVID vaccine thread to post that article with your 4th post. It’s why you’ve been crowd sourced 48 times you piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2024 at 10:35 AM, Brisketexan said:

tmp.gif

I am not giving you medical advice, I am speaking to the level and quality of the clinical data. It would be nice if the medical advice from the regulators/public health authorities was based on something more than mouse antibodies and observational data. But boost to bolivia for all I care my friend.   

Man, why are we still doing this?*

*rhetorical, I know why we're still doing this: everything has to be political. 

There are certainly legitimate discussions to be had about the effectiveness of boosting to the moon and the policy decisions to mandate vaccines on children, the military, and generally younger/healthier individuals. But the latter discussion is for CR, no one is ever going to agree on, and has very little to do with the vaccine itself.

The vaccine itself is one of the great achievements of modern medical. There's just no denying that. It saved hundreds of thousands of lives worldwide. I'm going off shitty memory, but wasn't it something ridiculous that like 90% of people seriously hospitalized and/or dying from COVID after vaccines because widely available we're unvaccinated?

I know some of you kooks are anxious for the day when we all start dropping like flies, so you can high five the University of YouTube scientists that you hang out with, and stand in awe of your own rightness. But it ain't coming.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I am not giving you medical advice, I am speaking to the level and quality of the clinical data. It would be nice if the medical advice from the regulators/public health authorities was based on something more than mouse antibodies and observational data. But boost to bolivia for all I care my friend.   

There is reasonable criticism for how effective treatments can be or if they pose side effects, and how well the proxy's stand in for human beings.   But sometimes you have to go with what you have and not with what you want.   If we waited around for complete clinical studies which were demonstrated over multiple generations (to gauge the impact on offspring) we would never get anything done.   Unfortunately, we do not hold other industries to this standard (see leaded fuel impacts, teflon impacts, PFAS impacts, etc.).

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I know some of you kooks are anxious for the day when we all start dropping like flies, so you can high five the University of YouTube scientists that you hang out with, and stand in awe of your own rightness. But it ain't coming.

Well bird flu looks promising for this so maybe their day is coming! You even get bleeding from the eyes with it. 

Edited by mdmost

On 5/4/2024 at 10:35 AM, Brisketexan said:

It's obvious that there were going to be negative side effects. No chemical, medicine or drug is 100% safe for 100% of a population. Latex and Peanuts and Sulfur and even the moldy penicillin bread out front shoulda told ya.

That a small % of folks had some sort of averse reaction and/or vaccine injury is not the problem.

The problem that the article seems to be highlighting, which I think is a good thing to spotlight, is that for those who were vaccine injured, they should not be ignored.

Especially when the pharma and government had legal immunity with a rushed product.

Edited by BeardIP

4 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

It's obvious that there were going to be negative side effects. No chemical, medicine or drug is 100% safe for 100% of a population. Latex and Peanuts and Sulfur and even the moldy penicillin bread out front shoulda told ya.

That a small % of folks had some sort of averse reaction and/or vaccine injury is not the problem.

The problem that the article seems to be highlighting, which I think is a good thing to spotlight, is that for those who were vaccine injured, they should not be ignored.

Especially when the pharma and government had legal immunity with a rushed product.

What is your solution?  If someone eats some skippy and has a bad reaction, what other than getting treatment should be done?  Should skippy pay for it?

Or are we saying that those injured allegedly by the vaccine, or probably, aren’t getting medical treatment?

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

What is your solution?  If someone eats some skippy and has a bad reaction, what other than getting treatment should be done?  Should skippy pay for it?

Or are we saying that those injured allegedly by the vaccine, or probably, aren’t getting medical treatment?

I think if you voluntarily took the vaccine and got injured, that's on you.

If you were otherwise mandated (e.g. proof of forced vaccination for your livlihood like military or flight attendant, etc.) and are provably vaccine injured, then why not have to come out of pocket for some cashola?

I think a lot of folks probably see J&J paying out $6.5 billion (shout out to Thujone) and think, "dang, I got hit with the short straw and have zero legal remedy".