2021 Sugar Bowl - Ohio State vs Clemson 7PM on ESPN

Parliament

YOU SEE FOR THE LOWLY UNDERDOGS OF OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY THEIR LOSS IN THE CFP SEMIFINALS LAST YEAR WHEN THEY LOST TO CLEMSON IN THE CFP SEMIFINALS REALLY WAS THE MOTIVATION AND FUELED THEM AND IS DEFINITELY WHAT IS CAUSING THEM TO PLAY SO WELL TO HAVE THE FUEL AND THE MOTIVATION AND TO COME IN WITH A CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER AS THE LITTLE GUY FROM COLUMBUS AND DABO RANKED THEM 11 YOU JUST KNOW THAT IS ALL THEY ARE THINKING ABOUT AND THAT LOSS TO CLEMSON IN THE CFP SEMIFINAL

Ok thanks Kirk

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

What was said?  

I think the girl said, “Poor Trevor needs to shave his ‘satche”.

Just imagine in today's cancel culture world what would happen if a male reporter, on a live mic at the US Open, said something like that to/about Serena Williams, "someone really ought to wax their 'stache". It would be a shit storm.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t want to longcat the thread how do you put something in spoiler?

bottom line is this is what I'm talking about when I say that proper tackling is not "face up" and is in fact "head down". I am not advocating leading with crown of helmet, but it can be an inadvertent result when things are moving at 100 miles an hour. You try to use shoulder but sometimes split second variables don't allow that. These guys all put shoulder into hip or thigh, head down.

• Like 1

Skalski is a Bill Romanowski or James Harrison starter kit and he already has a well-earned reputation for illegal and dirty hits.  He is never going to get the benefit of the doubt.  I don't get the wailing and gnashing of teeth over this.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

bottom line is this is what I'm talking about when I say that proper tackling is not "face up" and is in fact "head down". I am not advocating leading with crown of helmet, but it can be an inadvertent result when things are moving at 100 miles an hour. You try to use shoulder but sometimes split second variables don't allow that. These guys all put shoulder into hip or thigh, head down.

Dude, the entire video is about "eyes through the thighs" to ensure that you make contact with your shoulder to the thigh of the runner. Carroll mentions "taking the head out of the tackle" over a dozen times in the video, and uses rugby tackles as supporting video pointing out how they take the head out of the tackle.

The Seahawk system has the player keep his eyes on the runner's thigh as long as physically possible to make sure they make contact with their shoulder. It's the entire point.

Skalski put his head down way early with clear intent to use his head like a ram.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Couple things.

To act as though the pass pro between the two was in anyway comparable tonight is wrong.

The NFL shouldn't base jack off one game. And they won't.

Fields was on point. He's got the physical tools no doubt. But when's he pressured he does not make good decisions. Not necessarily today but Indiana and Northwestern. He did throw into triple coverage twice tonight. When he had time. He's money when it goes according to plan.

This game highlights the import of line play. Top flight teams have skill guys that will shine if the guys up front perform. See also Mac Jones, a more physically gifted Ken Dorsey.

Pass pro in the NFL isn’t always great either.  That’s why I would be worried as a scout. Lawrence didn’t seem willing to step into throws knowing he would take a shot, in a playoff game. He threw off his back foot all night. I know he has lots of film where he isn’t doing that, but it’s also against lesser competition. OSU gave him a glimpse of what an NFL pass rush will look like, and Lawrence didn’t look interested in taking the punishment to step into a tough throw. 

13 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

So in the first 10 minutes not one tackle in that vid resembles what Skalski did. Stay tuned as I waste the next 11 minutes of my life.

2 hours ago, THUJONE said:

This is the tackling tutorial my kids learned on. It is the safest in terms of head and neck injury prevention and is not a head down technique. Anyone coaching a head down technique in this era would be getting a visit from one of your colleagues fairly quickly, assuming they weren’t fired first. @Snacks could weigh in here in terms of personal experience as a player at the high school and collegiate level, but his posts up thread indicate he had no problem with the call. 

This is really not debatable. The biomechanics of neck injuries in collision sports are well established, and a flexed cervical spine with an axial load (head down position) is the most dangerous position. Is it sometimes unavoidable? Of course, but it is why players are coached to “see what you hit.”

The play in last night’s game was not an example of the Seahawks tackling technique and would have been a penalty going back to when I was in grade school. It was called correctly. I don’t necessarily think it should result in disqualification, but it is the single most dangerous play in the sport, and they are doing everything they can to eliminate it. 

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Hate Ohio State but liked that game.  Am confused.

Same here. Zero connection to either team, but thought I had an active dislike for tOSU. Then I started being happy when they opened the whoop-ass. I don't care if Dabo's from Bama. Lots of people I don't like are from Bama.

I think what helped is we were watching the ESPN Local Radio Feed, some station in Ohio complete with goofy commercials. Now I can't wait to get to the Big Sandy Superstore for my home appliance, mattress, and electronics needs.

Edited by RDCanecutter

4 hours ago, Carter Buckeye said:

Ohio State will likely lose to Bama, and that's okay.

That being said, fuck Dabo Swinney, that arrogant motherfucking piece of shit.

Bama fan here, of all that is machine-like and soul-crushing of said team.

Gotta say I will not be surprised by any possible result in the upcoming game. I think Bama will win, but tOSU will be there.

• Like 1