Texas Cop - Respect My Authority

Neonmoon

So a guy standing on a public sidewalk, at least 10 feet away from the officers, recording the officers, is BLOCKING THE FUCKING ROADWAY?

Can someone please tell me why in sitations like this, where its clearly a bullshit arrest that is gonna end up getting the victim paid... the victim cant just stand in front of the judge and say, "I dont want any money, I just want to be let in a ring with asshole cop, who is in there with me in the same sitation I was- he's in handcuffs, and leg shackles, while I am wearing boxing gloves, and I get to go 2 rounds of beating this mother fuckers ass."

Im not a bibilical guy, but maybe if there was an eye for an eye physical retaliation of being legally allowed to pummel these pieces of shit in public, they may fucking tone down the power trips stupidness.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm not a cop, and I'm not a lawyer, so this question may be completely ignorant.

Aside from the completely bullshit reasons for putting both guys in handcuffs, are they not required to tell someone why they are being arrested, and then read Miranda rights?  Is that just something I expect because I watch crime dramas?

The real question is why they stopped the kid at all. Cops claimed after the fact that he pulled him over for making a “wide right turn”. Yeah. Right. On the video they claim they followed the kid for “a mile”. When has a cop ever needed to follow someone for a mile before pulling him over for the high crime of making a wide right turn in bum-fuck Keller, Texas?

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

“According to body cam footage, Shimanek told his supervisor that he pulled Dillon Puente over because he suspected him of having narcotics, and he arrested him so he could search his car.”

What in the fucking fuck. “I had a hunch” is something they tell their supervisor in hopes that they’ll be told, “aw shucks, why didn’t you say so?!?”

Naw, no problem here. They obviously need raises and to hire more of their friends to make them feel better.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 4th_and_18 said:

“According to body cam footage, Shimanek told his supervisor that he pulled Dillon Puente over because he suspected him of having narcotics, and he arrested him so he could search his car.”

Cops have officially gone from being compulsive liars to being too brain dead to even be good liars.

Bernard

I'm not a cop, and I'm not a lawyer, so this question may be completely ignorant.
Aside from the completely bullshit reasons for putting both guys in handcuffs, are they not required to tell someone why they are being arrested, and then read Miranda rights?  Is that just something I expect because I watch crime dramas?

Short answers:

No.
No.
  • Hook 'Em 2

you know, i know it's not smart to be a smartass to cops. but that ain't illegal. that was a driving while brown situation. fishing for drugs, escalating things unnecessarily, i'm probably not getting pulled over in that neighborhood. those cops just proved why the kid said he was scared and that's why he rolled up his window. i mean, i wouldn't do it, but i'm whitey white dude.

then arresting dad for filming from the fucking sidewalk. i mean, shit was already ridiculous (an arrest for rolling your window up?), then they ratchet the shit up to 11. i'm only surprised nobody got shot. good job, keller pd, good effort. jesus fucking christ.

• Hook 'Em 1

also, fuck this "just following orders" nazi fascist bullshit. a cop shouldn't be expected to follow terrible orders from terrible superiors.

For his role in Puente’s arrest, Shimanek was demoted from sergeant to officer. Tomer was not disciplined because he was following orders from a supervising officer. The internal affairs investigation found the Shimanek showed conduct unbecoming of an officer, and that Puente did not block the roadway or interfere with Shimanek’s duties, as Shimanek claimed.

that's such a horse shit excuse for pardoning the other officer. "this professional/public servant can't be held accountable for his actions because his superior told him to do it!" fuck that. not only does he not have to follow every order he's given, the guy was all too ready to arrest, tackle, and pepper spray dad for nothing. he can see that dad is doing absolutely nothing even remotely illegal or dangerous, he can see that the other cop is unhinged and is only working himself up more, but does any part of him say, "this isn't right, this isn't what being a police officer/decent human being is about"? nope. the other cop says, "as a matter of fact arrest him", and the second cop just goes, "yup." fucking disgrace. 

21 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tangential but lol at the lady in the replies announcing that Keller is “super rich, white.”  I mean, it’s nice, but unless shit has changed in the last decade it’s upper middle and probably full of pilots.

94% white according to wiki. Nice burb but definitely not “super rich”.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

that's such a horse shit excuse for pardoning the other officer. "this professional/public servant can't be held accountable for his actions because his superior told him to do it!" fuck that. not only does he not have to follow every order he's given, the guy was all too ready to arrest, tackle, and pepper spray dad for nothing. he can see that dad is doing absolutely nothing even remotely illegal or dangerous, he can see that the other cop is unhinged and is only working himself up more, but does any part of him say, "this isn't right, this isn't what being a police officer/decent human being is about"? nope. the other cop says, "as a matter of fact arrest him", and the second cop just goes, "yup." fucking disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

The junior officer went through training. He knows what his job is. That supervisor stuff is bullshit. I get it to a certain extent but not in this case and many others. They aren’t in the military and have been trained on how to do their jobs

If they had been in the military, and the younger/junior officer carried out orders he knew to be illegal, the younger/junior officer would be in a world of shit as well.

And if they had been in the military, and generally/dishonorably discharged, they don't get to go join another branch, and a dishonorable discharge pretty much rules out a shitload of civilian jobs.  Shit, they wouldn't even be able to join the French Foreign Legion.

11 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

As usual the only good cop is a dead cop. 

Jesus, pretty awesome world you live in.

I am not a fan of a lot of cops and think a hell of a lot need additional training and education, BUT your statement is full on craziness.

IF this is Surly sarcasm or hyperbole or some inside joke then please continue...

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Not that it matters, but what exactly was the son charged with?  Making a wide right turn?  He complied with the cop's orders.  I didn't register for the FWST article.  

he was charged with rolling his window up, a Class H Felony under Texas Statute BSPOPO420. maybe next time he'll think twice before acting so suspicious and breaking so many laws. 

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Not that it matters, but what exactly was the son charged with?  Making a wide right turn?  He complied with the cop's orders.  I didn't register for the FWST article.  

He was charged with driving while the gestapo was near. Remember, cops are good and citizens are bad. If they just take it and quit squirming it would be easier for them. After all, they were asking for it.

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

Jesus, pretty awesome world you live in.

I am not a fan of a lot of cops and think a hell of a lot need additional training and education, BUT your statement is full on craziness.

IF this is Surly sarcasm or hyperbole or some inside joke then please continue...

Spoken like someone who hasn't had the honor of being assaulted by a pig for a traffic violation because his poor wife wasn't there to beat. #priveledged

Sounds like not much has changed in Keller.  When I was a teen, I avoided 377 in the downtown area because Keller cops would pull you over if you were young every time on some bullshit excuse like "your license plate is dirty" and then search your car.  Also they will trash the shit out of your car when searching it.  That was back when CD players were big and I had one of those 100 CD holding cases and every CD was pulled out and left thrown on the floor board. 

They look for any reason to arrest you in that town.

Fuckers.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/23/2020 at 10:52 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Tangential but lol at the lady in the replies announcing that Keller is “super rich, white.”  I mean, it’s nice, but unless shit has changed in the last decade it’s upper middle and probably full of pilots.

11 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

94% white according to wiki. Nice burb but definitely not “super rich”.

KPD also covers Westlake which definitely is "super rich". See Vaquero Club.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:52 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Its definitely changed. A lot of those large lots on the northern boundary that buts up to Westlake are tear downs and million dollar homes have been going up. Same with the eastern boundary with Southlake. Western Westlake is zoned to KISD. Lots of small business owner money in keller. Owners of pool companies, roofing companies, concrete, etc. Obviously pilots too. 

Hey, "Good cops", now would be a good time to prove you're good cops by calling out and blackballing these two bad cops who make all of you look bad.  I'm not talking about a brief, "Yeah, these guys were in the wrong..." admission.  I'm talking about going after them as if they were criminals.

Because guess what, they are.

Really let them have it.  Perhaps follow them around when they're off duty.  Pull them over for making "wide right turns", etc.  When one of them doesn't respect your athoratah, arrest and pepper spray them.  You know, give 'em the "usual".

<crickets>

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1