Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Mas Manning

Hide contents

EC-8-B2WkAAVcEt?format=png&name=360x360EC-8-vGW4AEV0h-?format=jpg&name=360x360EC-8_UcW4AAzbw4?format=jpg&name=360x360

God, this is so fucking outstanding. 

"I'm so tired of these kids stringing along the fans of programs they aren't even aligned with in any way, enjoying the process, and weighing a very important decision regarding their future. Fuck them. They need to commit to aTm RIGHT NOW, just so I can feel good about my school and  position in life, because I live vicariously through these kids, but I get really upset when they act like kids."

Fuck that school, fuck it and all the people aligned there with a rusty, iron covered cactus.

Edited by SydneyCarton
KYhorn beat me to it.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

"Why do some recruits want so much attention. They're endlessly stringing fans along."

Damn straight! Those selfish bastards should be more concerned with these strange adults who follow the collegiate preferences of adolescents, than their academic and athletic futures!

Long and barren reality or being strung along?  However, I wouldn't pay to be strung along.

51 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm beginning to think that the Missouri trio are all going to end up at Missouri. I think they have a better season than aggy, even though they can't go to a bowl game.

Has there been a final decision on that?  Per Mark Packard on ESPNU he said just a couple weeks ago it was in appeal. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

From Manning:

tumblr_inline_p7gv8fLZnS1ry1mgv_540.gif

Translation: “Hey, fat white dude in his mid 30s, you’re really weirding me out so I’m gonna tell you A&M is on top so you’ll leave me alone.”

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That's why joining the SEC was such a great move for them. They have been spewing the same shit about how much better they are for a hundred plus years even with the annual beat down reminder to keep them in check. Now they can crow as loudly as they want and exist perpetually in their own denial without ever having to face reality. It's like a dream that they never have to wake up from. 

Even if they actually believe they’d beat UT every single year, being aggy cannnot be characterized as anything other than a nightmare.

Spoiler

Liucci

11:46a 

Staff

AG

Quote:

How many quarters does Mond play?

Texas State will have something to say about it, and openers always make me nervous in terms of coming out firing on all cylinders or being sloppy out of the gate. I'd hope the first half plus maybe a drive or two into the third quarter. I always feel like that's important. 

Quote:

Who is the first backup QB in the game?

I think the first backup to enter the game will be Blumrick, but that's no sure thing. I expect we'll see them all.

Quote:

Elephant in the room. There is a sudden shift the last 6 weeks with in-state kids. What narrative is being floated around causing this? Yes, we passed on a couple, but there were a handful of kids we would take, and it seemed like we were in the lead.

(My gift for the Longhorn fans but only the ones who embarrass themselves on social media and who pay me money every month, follow me loyally on twitter and love to interact with me on the daily with your regular reminder that I don't know who you are but you know me). 

Look, I'll be the first to say that I don't respect the way I've heard that Tom Herman operates, and I'm not a fan of him as a person, but they deserve some credit here. Not sure what Texas did to flip the momentum with the ones A&M absolutely wanted and led for like Vernon BroughtonPrincely Umanmielen and Xavion Alford, but it was sudden and pretty curious...at least with Princely and Xavion. As in, the Ags need to figure out how it happened and fix any issues that they determine were on their end. In the case of Broughton, he had been a Texas lean for most of the process before leaning A&M's way for a month or so down the stretch. Princely does basically live in Austin, which wasn't helping the Ags' cause much. But give the Horns credit for three solid wins. As a couple of you have pointed out, however, I don't think Fisher and the Aggies are losing too much sleep over the situation because they're pressing forward and are close to closing out some real dudes at the same positions plus a few others. This year's class still has a chance to be pretty special if the Ags land who it's starting to look like they could land.

And, no, I don't read your Burnt Orange sites and don't even bother to look at them. First, if I wanted to do that, I'd check the 'Longhorn tears' thread. Second, I don't care as much as you all prove every day that you do.

Quote:

So if A&M is to take the next step this year... What would you define as the next step for us?

I'd define the next step as breaking through against one of the top-3 teams and finishing 9-3. If you battle a couple of those three down to the final minutes but lose each, then I'd say beating Auburn and LSU and winning a big bowl game to end it. Those are definite steps forward.

Quote:

With what you know about this team, would you take 9-3 with 10-14 point losses to Clemson, Bama, and LSU right now or take your chances with what unfolds?

I don't think the Ags will lose to LSU by that much if they even fall to the Tigers. But if you said 9-3, I'd take that regardless of how you get there. Wins over Georgia and Auburn? I'd take that and the likely New Year's Six bowl that went with it.

Quote:

What did you think about the UF/Miami game? I enjoyed the sloppiness of it.

Hideous. I enjoyed it because it was college football on my television and that was about it. Neither program is close. Two very average football teams that will combine for about eight losses, IMO.

Quote:

Do we cover the spread against Clemson (currently 16 points)?

I believe the Ags will cover that, yes.

Quote:

Who would you compare Eli Stowers to?

Good question. I haven't thought too much about that yet. He's an elite athlete who is a MUCH better quarterback than some of the services think.

Quote:

Florida: early-season rust, or overrated?

O-VER-RATE-ED!!! Clap, clap, clap clap clap! I thnk Mullen's squad is VERY overrated and not just because of that one game. There is something going on in Gainesville beneath the surface that is causing some issues in terms of team chemistry and belief in the head coach, IMO.

Quote:

Do you think Georgia is still in the top 10 when we play them in November?

Yes. I think they'll be a one-loss team at that time.

Quote:

What is your level of concern regarding the amount of time that Rogers and Davis have missed in preparation for the season? Seems like timing with Mond and conditioning can't be expected to be at its best.

I think it would be very nice to see them both out there and catching passes early on Thursday night because I am concerned with the lack of action in fall camp. The good news is they are veterans who spent a LOT of time throwing with Kellen during the off-season. Still, I do think shaking all of the rust and getting the timing down before Clemson is something you hope for, but that is far from guaranteed.

Quote:

Epstein...Suicide or Murder?

Suicide.

Quote:

Who would win between this year's team and last year's?

How about next year's team? That's the answer you're looking for. If this makes any sense, I think last year's team will be better early in the season, but this year's team has a chance to be better during the second half, which is wild considering last year's team finished the season on a 4-0 kick. The key for this group is staying healthy so they can improve throughout the season because there isn't a lot of depth at several spots, and the fall-off from starter to back up is significant.

Quote:

Which running back do you think ends up being the most impactful behind Corbin this year?

This is such a tough question because these guys have all had their moments in camp. I'm going to go with Isaiah Spiller because I think he's the most well-rounded (and maybe the most talented) outside of Corbin. After that, I also like what Kibodi has done since the end of last season.

Quote:

Will our secondary play smarter than Florida's did against Miami?

I sure as hell hope so.

Quote:

Is there a portrait of Brauny wearing a blue dress in your house?

Brauny in a blue dress? I don't even get this one but feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Quote:

Will the next commit not be until Bama weekend?

I think they'll score as many as three 2020's before then. The Ags are quietly closing in on several top targets and I believe things will start happening again soon.

Quote:

Starting lineup in the secondary? Will Blades and the heralded freshmen see significant action? And a massive thank you for doing this and THANK GOD Aggie football is back!!!

Erick Young is injured and out for a couple of weeks but will be back. I do think we'll see a lot of Blades on Thursday night, possibly as a starter with Renfro suspended, but at least for a significant number of snaps.

Quote:

Not trying to jump ahead your thoughts on 9 days instead of 7 to prepare for Clemson? Make any difference?

Not as much difference as last year when the Ags had the extra two days. This year, both teams are playing on Thursday night.

Quote:

Lia's Wrecking Crew piece was foreshadowing wasn't it? I'm going to think that regardless of your answer...

It was a very fun piece to watch. I'm proud of her and the work she put into that deal.

Would be nice, wouldn't it? I think this unit is a year away from being SEC-elite. I still just don't think they're there in multiple areas. I'm still concerned about the cornerback and linebacker positions because everyone is so unproven. Not saying they're going to be bad in all (or any) of those areas, but you're asking me when this unit is going to be dominant.

Quote:

After the first game will we be able to determine any improvements or stability to the linebacker positions?

I think that's probably a little too soon to make any sweeping generalizations or judgements, but it would be nice to see the starters play well and the backups get in there and make some things happen as well. I think we'll see a lot of Andre White and maybe even Aaron Hansford as the first two guys out there behind Buddy Johnson and Anthony Hines.

Quote:

What kind of tricks do you think Spavital pulls out of the bag to confuse the defense?

Not sure, but I can guarantee you that Spav and Bob Stitt are going to get pretty creative. The good thing here though is that they'll likely shy away from anything longer developing because it's going to be tough for Texas State to hold up for very long against the A&M defensive front.

Quote:

When are you going to start watching Yellowstone!?!?

As soon as I get into my regular-season routine. This short week followed by Labor Day weekend is throwing me off, but I have to start it soon. It's next on my list.

Quote:

Will you get a drink with Spav Friday night? If yes, where and what's your beverage of choice. 

Well, I'd have to meet him down in San Marcos since that will be after the game. If you're talking about Wednesday night, I'll just wait to chat with him on the field before the game. Those dudes have a game to prepare for just like Jimbo and Co. Koppe Bridge would probably qualify as our old meeting point back in the day, actually.

Quote:

Have you ever been to the Doss Fish Fry? If not, you should plan on going this Saturday.

I have not been. Educate me.

Quote:

Thoughts on who we take at running back if Zach Evans decides to go elsewhere? 

Oh, I think the Ags have an excellent shot right now with Daniyel Ngata and Devon Achane and a solid shot with EJ Smith. I really think things will work out well at the position when the dust settles. I'd say the best odds would go Ngata, Achane, then Smith followed by Evans. Even if Zach chooses Georgia as many expect, that recruitment will be far from over.

Quote:

This site is THE best in the business, keep up the fantastic work staff!!!

Will do! We intend to make it better, in fact.

Quote:

Over/under 5 sacks vs TXST?

Under. I think their primary focus is going to be to get rid of the ball verrrrry quickly.

Quote:

Over/under 2.5 turnovers vs TXST?

I think the Ags force two.

Quote:

How often should you shave the back of your neck?

Good question. A reverse neckbeard is a horrific look, so you want to do that semi-regularly. I usually have my haircut lady do it but I'm lucky to not have too much going on back there.

Quote:

'Only the Young' or 'Stone in Love'? 'Only the Young' might be my favorite Journey song.

Well, I know my man Stage Left Ag's favorite is 'Stone in Love' so who am I to question him? Then again, I'm a biiiig fan of 'Only the Young' (and Visionquest, for that matter). I'll go with either 'Separate Ways' or 'Wheel in the Sky.'

Quote:

Do you think we will put the game away in the first half and play the backups in the second half?

Yes, I think they'll do that for the most part. Maybe a couple of drives into the second half. These season-openers against new coaching staffs always make me a little nervous though. Not as far as winning or losing but just in terms of things not being as clean as you'd hope. But the Ags took care of business in last year's opener and against ULM a couple of weeks later so I'd expect them to come out sharp early.

Quote:

Is K Rogers ready to go on Thursday? 

He's been practicing so I would assume so.

Quote:

Obligatory: How's Johnny doing? 

He's between Dallas and Tyler and doing well. Playing a lot of golf. He'll be at some games this fall for sure and will make a few appearances with us over at TexAgs, and we have a couple of ideas you guys will enjoy.

Quote:

XFL seeming like a legit opportunity for him?

Remains to be seen. He's kind of in a holding pattern there, waiting to see where things go.

Quote:

I look forward to drinking a bunch of your Shiners at the TexAgs tailgates this season... 

They've got some great beers and the folks over there at Shiner (including the Houston crowd) are amazing. Drink it at our tailgate, at bars and buy it throughout the fall for your tailgates damnit!!!

Quote:

Do the Dallas Cowboys win the NFC east? Finally make it back to the NFC championship game?

Yes and no. I think the Saints and Rams are still better. Maybe even the Packers or Bears in the NFC.

Quote:

If the TexAgs staff were The Avengers or Marvel supervillains, who would be who?

I'll take Iron Man. I like the uniform and the idea of Paltrow as my wife. Logan can be Captain America and Olin is probably the Starlord (Chris Pratt from Guardians). I think Brauny kind of looks like Thanos but he'll tell you Dalton can clear half a room so maybe it's him (Dalton's words, by the way, not mine). Hunter is obviously The Hulk. Coco as the Black Widow and Lia as Captain Marvel. Josh and his crew of programmers would be Dr. Strange and Co. Brandon would be Spider Man, and Gabe as the raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy...or is he Groot? Let me think about that one. 

On second thought, Brauny is absolutely Ant Man.

And I believe that leaves Hop as either Thor or Black Panther....wait, whaaaaatttt???

Quote:

I made a $100 bet with my father, a Texas State alum, setting a spread of 38.5 on this game. We made this bet even before the Jimbo hire back when we first saw the 2019 schedule. Do you think I am $100 richer or poorer come Thursday?

Tough one. I don't really know.

Quote:

We need another linebacker in this class. Who among the kids we are chasing do we currently have the best shot at?

I'll go with Antonio Doyle Jr. If the Ags were to land Dontae Manning and Antonio Johnson, they'd have an excellent shot at the trifecta.

Quote:

Lose to Texas State but losing will give Ags a Natty in 2024. Would you approve? 

No. I think they can get there the old-fashioned way...you know, the way that doesn't involve losing to a Group of Five to open the season.

Quote:

Ags D shut out Texas State?

I'm not expecting a shut out in the opener, no. Tough to come by against anyone but especially so when you replacing virtually your entire front seven.

Quote:

With the schedule being as brutal as it is this year, do you think Jimbo rotates certain positions a bit more than normal to keep players healthier later in the season?

Probably not unless it's a spot where there is a lot of depth. He's going to roll with his best guys for the most part. I don't think the schedule matters here, you rotate more if you have that type of depth and if the drop off between a starter and the backup isn't that steep. I think you'll see more of that as the Aggies become a deeper, more talented roster.

Quote:

How much impact do you think the results of this season impact the 2019 recruiting class? Could the Ags doing well combined the horns showing that the Sugar Bowl was a fluke lead to some flips?

Absolutely. Easier said than done on this schedule and with them playing the Sisters of the Poor, however.

Quote:

How is the team's mentality different this year going into the season vs. last year going into the season?

These are a little too subjective for me to really answer without wild speculation. If anything, I'll say this year's team has a lot of guys on the team who have 'done it' and know they can win big games and go toe-to-toe with anyone. Last year's team didn't enter the season knowing that quite as much. The culture has certainly continued to evolve since then, but there really were some strong leaders and very good players who left and must be replaced.

Quote:

Would you rather have a drink with Saban or Dabo and why?

Saban all the way. Dabo doesn't seem very fun to drink with. Plus, Nick would not only be incredibly interesting to chat with over a few drinks, but there's also the off chance he could absolutely lose his stuff on a bartender or patron and you'd be there to see it.

Quote:

Any Top 25 teams on upset alert this weekend?

I really don't think so. Maybe Texas against LA Tech? Not really though. Maybe Stanford against Northwestern? I honestly don't think a ranked team goes down outside of the Auburn-Oregon loser.

Quote:

My son is being born this Thursday...Do I have the TV on with the game on in the delivery room or do I play it safe and attend to my wife? Your thoughts?

You're asking the wrong guy. I'm just going to say play it safe so as to not get on the bad side of your wife (as in, I don't want to be on her bad side for giving you bad advice!).

Quote:

Fav SEC Short?

I don't watch them as much as many of you do. When I do, I always get a good laugh though.

Quote:

Think Cupp's eventual ceiling is lower now?

Not at all. It's not that type of injury. However, not having him definitely hurts this year. I'm 1000% convinced he and Wydermyer would have been lethal at some point this season in the passing game with both of them on the field together. Beal can block and can do some things for his size, but Jalen and Baylor are truly dynamic talents and gifted athletes at the position.

Quote:

Predict how our new 12th man, Braden White, will compare this year to some of Gilly's accolades?

• Forced fumble
  • Fumble recovery
  • Blocked punt
  • TD (yeah right)

Gilly set the bar pretty damn high, didn't he? Unbelievable when you post it like that and think about three of the games those four plays were made in. Don't forget the fourth quarter kickoff return against Arkansas to set up the game-tying field goal, either. I'm excited to see what Braden can do though. He embodies everything a 12th Man should.

Quote:

Post camp, who is redshirted?

Oh man, way too early to tell since they're not even having to decide that stuff just yet thanks to the new rule.

Quote:

Who are the secondary starters by the Auburn game?

Tough one. I'll go with Renfro, Jones or Blades as the two corners, Oliver at nickel and Richardson and O'Neal at safety.

Quote:

Who is your all-time favorite Texas State football player other than Lucy Draper?

I couldn't name one outside of maybe Barrick Nealy and Claude Mathis.

Quote:

Heard you mention the two contracts coming up with Ross Bjork on the show last week (BTW needs to be a segment once a month because of how great it was) with Adidas and CBS. Do you think A&M renews with Adidas? Do you think CBS should look into having not only a 2:30 game but also a primetime game every week to completely own the SEC market? 

Yes and yes. I don't think the two CBS things happen, however. I've heard that those two renewals could mean as much as a $12-16 million per year increase for A&M's annual revenue stream.

Quote:

Will Vernon Jackson play again?

I'm not sure anyone knows yet, but I'm not encouraged considering he's going to miss the entire season. I'll hold out hope, however, because he was going to be a very good back in this offense, and I know he loves the game. As we saw with Andrew Luck this week, long-term health above all else...especially for someone as young as Jackson.

Quote:

Do you expect us to sign a top-five class?

I think it'll fall somewhere between 5-8. I also think there's a good chance that it could finish 6 or 7 and STILL produce a higher 'composite' score than last year's No. 3 haul (I refuse to acknowledge the manufactured bs class Texas claimed with the Bru McCoy adjustment), and they could do it with two fewer commits (25 instead of 27 in '19).

Quote:

Will the Texas State QB be broken into 2 pieces or 3 pieces??

No idea on that but I think you should say Texas State QBs (plural) because I think they'll play two regardless. That was a close battle for the starting job, and Spav and Bob Stitt are probably going to want to see who can handle the environment and run the offense best.

Quote:

Is D Renfro back for Clemson?

I think that's to be determined. Aggies really need him back at corner. He's been playing very well.

Quote:

Give us a bracket general estimate of the number of subscribers TexAgs has in 2019. 

Fluctuates between 10-12k, but those are just the subs. Where we separate ourselves is on the page views and the total number of posters. The traffic is hard for some to fathom and both numbers continue to go up.

Quote:

Do you keep up with Spav? If so, how does he like being a head coach? Is he excited to come back to Kyle Field?

He's pretty excited about it but knows there is a lot of work to do in order to build a program at any level. He's pretty low-key but I do know he's excited to coach a game back in Aggieland. He enjoyed this place a lot and has the utmost respect for Texas A&M.

Quote:

Lia's piece on the Wrecking Crew got me wondering if there will ever be another Wrecking Crew. With all the emphasis on safety and defenseless players, I'm not sure if any team can be that intimidating. Will the Texas A&M Wrecking Crew come back? Has there been a "Wrecking Crew" anywhere in the country the last 5-10 years?

I don't think there are many units that play like the Wrecking Crew did during the glory years, if any. Part of it had to do with stockpiling overwhelming, across-the-board NFL talent that only the likes of Bama and maybe Clemson or Georgia are doing right now (and Georgia really isn't, to be honest...at least not yet on D). The second has to do with today's wide-open offenses. Just look at Bama. They have all of that NFL talent, are generally considered the best defensive team in the country and STILL get shredded multiple times per year, it feels like. Since the Ags have joined the SEC, I can think of A&M in 2012, Ole Miss in '14 and '15...Georgia moved the ball very well the last two years and even in the '12 SEC title game, they stomped OU but Kyler Murray got his yards, Clemson lit them up two times in the last three tries and Auburn has gotten them at least once if not twice during that span. And that is by FAR the best defensive coach and team of the decade by a longshot. 

Quote:

Will the Wrecking Crew come back? 

If you're asking me if I think A&M will field one of the SEC's best defenses? I do, but I think it will come in 2020 and '21.

Quote:

Have you had Popeyes Chicken Sandwich yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

Not yet. Get back to me next week. I'll try to fit one in between now and then. I've heard that it doesn't compare to Chick-fil-A if you're being honest. My sneaky favorite chicken sandwich right now? Go to Chick-fil-A for breakfast and get the Egg White Grill. It's good, but if you replace the grilled chicken with the regular fried piece, it's insanely good. A good egg white, the fried chicken breast, cheese and toasted muffin go perfectly together. It's amazing. Take my word for it.

Quote:

Who are the biggest leaders/alphas on the team? 

Last year that was easy: McCoy, Keke and a couple of others. This year is tougher. I'd start with Madubuike and work from there.

Quote:

Whole kernel corn or on the cob?

On the cob, but only if it's done right.

Quote:

What do you think of that new T Swift album?

I haven't listened to it yet but I've heard it's good (not kidding). Some of her stuff I legitimately like, but I don't need to hear her rap ever again.

Quote:

What has to happen in this game to make you feel confident going into the Clemson game?

I'm not sure a whole lot can happen that will convince me it would be worth trying to translate anything A&M does to how good their chances are against the defending champs on the road. I guess if the Ags come out and look dominant in the first half and play a clean, focused game and get the starters out early then I'd feel better than I would otherwise.

Quote:

Who is the next recruiting domino to fall and when? 

Soon. Not sure who, but it'll be an out-of-stater. As I said earlier, I think the Ags are about to go on another one of those little runs that Jimbo Fisher has already made famous around here. They're in great shape and closing in on a handful of top-tier targets that I believe they'll start closing out.

Quote:

Less legit: Tate Martell or Baker Mayfield apologies?

Both are pretty hollow and lacking substance. At least Baker can play quarterback.

Quote:

What's up with Mowry and Ellison? Do they likely sign with A&M? If so, which year for each?

I still think Mowry ends up here following the season and Ellison after two years playing at Blinn.

Quote:

Are Dylan Wright and Brian Williams likely to get significant playing time? I haven't heard much about them during camp. Also are either of them possible redshirts? Thx for doing this btw.

I've mentioned Wright quite a bit, I believe. He'll see time from day one and has been pretty impressive. I've mentioned Williams as someone who began to make strides once the pads went on. I think he'll play out of a redshirt as well.

Quote:

Who is your Sleeper SEC Team to watch out for this year?

I guess Missouri because of the addition of Bryant and a cake schedule through the first 8 games. Maybe Kentucky hangs around a year longer than expected after learning how to win last season.

Quote:

After all the recent SEC head coaching changes, does anybody lose their job this year?

I don't think so. I think Gus holds on. Wonder if that would be the first time since the Ags joined the league that there wasn't a coaching change?

Quote:

Sumlin's last year to Jimbo's first year, the offense ended up with more rushing yards and the same amount of passing yards while holding the ball for ~5 minutes more. Do you see the offense being similarly productive or take a step back or surge forward?

I think they'll be similarly productive but maybe with a little more big-play potential while not quite possessing the closer that Trayveon Williams was.

Quote:

Your thoughts on running the table on home games this year?

I think it can happen. HAVE to knock off Auburn and Miss State, IMO. I think the Ags drop just one at home for the second year in a row before winning them all next year for an 'only three losses in three years' total after Season Three under Jimbo.

Quote:

A&M DL vs Clemson OL, who wins?

Get back to me with this one next week. Clemson OL returns FOUR first-team All-ACC linemen, which is something I haven't seen since, well, LAST year when they did it on the d-line. Unreal.

Quote:

Are we going to see Demani Richardson and Leon O'Neal starting at safety? That's some serious upgrades on the back end.

I believe that's exactly what you'll see on Thursday, with a lot of Keldrick Carper and some Derrick Tucker as well.

Quote:

Will Luke Matthews contribute this year? Is he developing as projected?

He has a chance to contribute, but I think it's worth noting he's still a redshirt freshman who hasn't seen any meaningful action yet. Still developing but promising.

Quote:

What does a day in the office look like for you?

Walk in, do radio, maybe sit in on a meeting, distract everyone from working with casual conversation about football or nothing, go bother Stew Wade for a second, recruit for lunch and chat with Brandon at some point before I head out. Maybe start up some sort of trick shot competition or play a game of 'bowling at Gabe's bobblehead' or something fun like that.

Quote:

I like having the extra days to prepare for Clemson, but do you like Thursday night home games in general?

For a non-conference season-opener that isn't against a Power Five team, yes. But that's about it.

Quote:

Will there be a 2019 TexAgs pick-em contest? Any chance the winners could get some of that sweet new TexAgs swag?

I'm not even sure. I'm more focused on redeeming myself for last year's debacle in our own pick 'em.

Quote:

Thanks for all that y'all do Looch. TexAgs is not just a great site, it's a way of life!

Really appreciate that my man!

Quote:

As a fan in the stands, which is more exciting to watch: a dominating defense or an unstoppable offense?

I like dominating defense, personally. Probably because I grew up loving the New York Giants as a kid and got to A&M during the prime years of the Wrecking Crew in '92.

Quote:

Why has there not been a second Avatar movie since Hollywood loves blockbuster sequels?

Did I not see where Disney has it set up to do like five or six more of those things over the next 15 years or so??? I think I did. There's a new one coming out at the end of 2020, I just looked it up for you.

Quote:

Call your shot: is this defense going to end the season ranked better than last year's?

I think a little lower but better at creating turnovers.

Quote:

Post victory meal: bone-in ribeye or porterhouse?

Filet. My days of being able to eat all of that fat in bone-in (which I used to LOVE) are over.

Quote:

What % chance would you give on each of the following in the "Big 4" games?
0-4
1-3
2-2
3-1 (just kidding haha)

I think the Ags figure out a way to go 2-2. Next most likely is 1-3.

Quote:

Billy, how is Orange Theory going? And, 1-10, what are the odds you'd actually challenge Miss USA to a class? Need to know if we need to reserve Texas FilmWorks for the event. 

I haven't been. Walked by there on my way to Mo's Irish Pub for lunch the other day and again when I went to the movies, if that counts. Odds I'd actually challenge her from 1-10? How about zero? I know there are plenty who would just love to see me get embarrassed (Amber Goodwin and probably Gabe are at the top of the list of haters), but I know when admitting you'd lose and staying in your lane is the play.

Look, I'll be the first to say that I don't respect the way I've heard that Tom Herman operates, and I'm not a fan of him as a person, but they deserve some credit here.

So, has he ever explained what he's "heard" about "the way Tom Herman operates?" Or is this your garden-variety $9.95 blather that he never really explains, but always makes sure to hint at?

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

LOL. Liucci thinks he's Iron Man and prefers "Gwyneth Paltrow" as his wife. Come to think about it, is Liucci even married???

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Fify

Not married and straight. He uses his local celebrity to hit on coeds. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Look, I'll be the first to say that I don't respect the way I've heard that Tom Herman operates, and I'm not a fan of him as a person, but they deserve some credit here.

So, has he ever explained what he's "heard" about "the way Tom Herman operates?" Or is this your garden-variety $9.95 blather that he never really explains, but always makes sure to hint at?

Liucci will be the first to say he doesn't respect Herman. And the second. And the third. And the fourth. And so on. 

25 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

11:46a 

Staff

AG

Quote:

How many quarters does Mond play?

Texas State will have something to say about it, and openers always make me nervous in terms of coming out firing on all cylinders or being sloppy out of the gate. I'd hope the first half plus maybe a drive or two into the third quarter. I always feel like that's important. 

Quote:

Who is the first backup QB in the game?

I think the first backup to enter the game will be Blumrick, but that's no sure thing. I expect we'll see them all.

Quote:

Elephant in the room. There is a sudden shift the last 6 weeks with in-state kids. What narrative is being floated around causing this? Yes, we passed on a couple, but there were a handful of kids we would take, and it seemed like we were in the lead.

(My gift for the Longhorn fans but only the ones who embarrass themselves on social media and who pay me money every month, follow me loyally on twitter and love to interact with me on the daily with your regular reminder that I don't know who you are but you know me). 

Look, I'll be the first to say that I don't respect the way I've heard that Tom Herman operates, and I'm not a fan of him as a person, but they deserve some credit here. Not sure what Texas did to flip the momentum with the ones A&M absolutely wanted and led for like Vernon BroughtonPrincely Umanmielen and Xavion Alford, but it was sudden and pretty curious...at least with Princely and Xavion. As in, the Ags need to figure out how it happened and fix any issues that they determine were on their end. In the case of Broughton, he had been a Texas lean for most of the process before leaning A&M's way for a month or so down the stretch. Princely does basically live in Austin, which wasn't helping the Ags' cause much. But give the Horns credit for three solid wins. As a couple of you have pointed out, however, I don't think Fisher and the Aggies are losing too much sleep over the situation because they're pressing forward and are close to closing out some real dudes at the same positions plus a few others. This year's class still has a chance to be pretty special if the Ags land who it's starting to look like they could land.

And, no, I don't read your Burnt Orange sites and don't even bother to look at them. First, if I wanted to do that, I'd check the 'Longhorn tears' thread. Second, I don't care as much as you all prove every day that you do.

Quote:

So if A&M is to take the next step this year... What would you define as the next step for us?

I'd define the next step as breaking through against one of the top-3 teams and finishing 9-3. If you battle a couple of those three down to the final minutes but lose each, then I'd say beating Auburn and LSU and winning a big bowl game to end it. Those are definite steps forward.

Quote:

With what you know about this team, would you take 9-3 with 10-14 point losses to Clemson, Bama, and LSU right now or take your chances with what unfolds?

I don't think the Ags will lose to LSU by that much if they even fall to the Tigers. But if you said 9-3, I'd take that regardless of how you get there. Wins over Georgia and Auburn? I'd take that and the likely New Year's Six bowl that went with it.

Quote:

What did you think about the UF/Miami game? I enjoyed the sloppiness of it.

Hideous. I enjoyed it because it was college football on my television and that was about it. Neither program is close. Two very average football teams that will combine for about eight losses, IMO.

Quote:

Do we cover the spread against Clemson (currently 16 points)?

I believe the Ags will cover that, yes.

Quote:

Who would you compare Eli Stowers to?

Good question. I haven't thought too much about that yet. He's an elite athlete who is a MUCH better quarterback than some of the services think.

Quote:

Florida: early-season rust, or overrated?

O-VER-RATE-ED!!! Clap, clap, clap clap clap! I thnk Mullen's squad is VERY overrated and not just because of that one game. There is something going on in Gainesville beneath the surface that is causing some issues in terms of team chemistry and belief in the head coach, IMO.

Quote:

Do you think Georgia is still in the top 10 when we play them in November?

Yes. I think they'll be a one-loss team at that time.

Quote:

What is your level of concern regarding the amount of time that Rogers and Davis have missed in preparation for the season? Seems like timing with Mond and conditioning can't be expected to be at its best.

I think it would be very nice to see them both out there and catching passes early on Thursday night because I am concerned with the lack of action in fall camp. The good news is they are veterans who spent a LOT of time throwing with Kellen during the off-season. Still, I do think shaking all of the rust and getting the timing down before Clemson is something you hope for, but that is far from guaranteed.

Quote:

Epstein...Suicide or Murder?

Suicide.

Quote:

Who would win between this year's team and last year's?

How about next year's team? That's the answer you're looking for. If this makes any sense, I think last year's team will be better early in the season, but this year's team has a chance to be better during the second half, which is wild considering last year's team finished the season on a 4-0 kick. The key for this group is staying healthy so they can improve throughout the season because there isn't a lot of depth at several spots, and the fall-off from starter to back up is significant.

Quote:

Which running back do you think ends up being the most impactful behind Corbin this year?

This is such a tough question because these guys have all had their moments in camp. I'm going to go with Isaiah Spiller because I think he's the most well-rounded (and maybe the most talented) outside of Corbin. After that, I also like what Kibodi has done since the end of last season.

Quote:

Will our secondary play smarter than Florida's did against Miami?

I sure as hell hope so.

Quote:

Is there a portrait of Brauny wearing a blue dress in your house?

Brauny in a blue dress? I don't even get this one but feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Quote:

Will the next commit not be until Bama weekend?

I think they'll score as many as three 2020's before then. The Ags are quietly closing in on several top targets and I believe things will start happening again soon.

Quote:

Starting lineup in the secondary? Will Blades and the heralded freshmen see significant action? And a massive thank you for doing this and THANK GOD Aggie football is back!!!

Erick Young is injured and out for a couple of weeks but will be back. I do think we'll see a lot of Blades on Thursday night, possibly as a starter with Renfro suspended, but at least for a significant number of snaps.

Quote:

Not trying to jump ahead your thoughts on 9 days instead of 7 to prepare for Clemson? Make any difference?

Not as much difference as last year when the Ags had the extra two days. This year, both teams are playing on Thursday night.

Quote:

Lia's Wrecking Crew piece was foreshadowing wasn't it? I'm going to think that regardless of your answer...

It was a very fun piece to watch. I'm proud of her and the work she put into that deal.

Would be nice, wouldn't it? I think this unit is a year away from being SEC-elite. I still just don't think they're there in multiple areas. I'm still concerned about the cornerback and linebacker positions because everyone is so unproven. Not saying they're going to be bad in all (or any) of those areas, but you're asking me when this unit is going to be dominant.

Quote:

After the first game will we be able to determine any improvements or stability to the linebacker positions?

I think that's probably a little too soon to make any sweeping generalizations or judgements, but it would be nice to see the starters play well and the backups get in there and make some things happen as well. I think we'll see a lot of Andre White and maybe even Aaron Hansford as the first two guys out there behind Buddy Johnson and Anthony Hines.

Quote:

What kind of tricks do you think Spavital pulls out of the bag to confuse the defense?

Not sure, but I can guarantee you that Spav and Bob Stitt are going to get pretty creative. The good thing here though is that they'll likely shy away from anything longer developing because it's going to be tough for Texas State to hold up for very long against the A&M defensive front.

Quote:

When are you going to start watching Yellowstone!?!?

As soon as I get into my regular-season routine. This short week followed by Labor Day weekend is throwing me off, but I have to start it soon. It's next on my list.

Quote:

Will you get a drink with Spav Friday night? If yes, where and what's your beverage of choice. 

Well, I'd have to meet him down in San Marcos since that will be after the game. If you're talking about Wednesday night, I'll just wait to chat with him on the field before the game. Those dudes have a game to prepare for just like Jimbo and Co. Koppe Bridge would probably qualify as our old meeting point back in the day, actually.

Quote:

Have you ever been to the Doss Fish Fry? If not, you should plan on going this Saturday.

I have not been. Educate me.

Quote:

Thoughts on who we take at running back if Zach Evans decides to go elsewhere? 

Oh, I think the Ags have an excellent shot right now with Daniyel Ngata and Devon Achane and a solid shot with EJ Smith. I really think things will work out well at the position when the dust settles. I'd say the best odds would go Ngata, Achane, then Smith followed by Evans. Even if Zach chooses Georgia as many expect, that recruitment will be far from over.

Quote:

This site is THE best in the business, keep up the fantastic work staff!!!

Will do! We intend to make it better, in fact.

Quote:

Over/under 5 sacks vs TXST?

Under. I think their primary focus is going to be to get rid of the ball verrrrry quickly.

Quote:

Over/under 2.5 turnovers vs TXST?

I think the Ags force two.

Quote:

How often should you shave the back of your neck?

Good question. A reverse neckbeard is a horrific look, so you want to do that semi-regularly. I usually have my haircut lady do it but I'm lucky to not have too much going on back there.

Quote:

'Only the Young' or 'Stone in Love'? 'Only the Young' might be my favorite Journey song.

Well, I know my man Stage Left Ag's favorite is 'Stone in Love' so who am I to question him? Then again, I'm a biiiig fan of 'Only the Young' (and Visionquest, for that matter). I'll go with either 'Separate Ways' or 'Wheel in the Sky.'

Quote:

Do you think we will put the game away in the first half and play the backups in the second half?

Yes, I think they'll do that for the most part. Maybe a couple of drives into the second half. These season-openers against new coaching staffs always make me a little nervous though. Not as far as winning or losing but just in terms of things not being as clean as you'd hope. But the Ags took care of business in last year's opener and against ULM a couple of weeks later so I'd expect them to come out sharp early.

Quote:

Is K Rogers ready to go on Thursday? 

He's been practicing so I would assume so.

Quote:

Obligatory: How's Johnny doing? 

He's between Dallas and Tyler and doing well. Playing a lot of golf. He'll be at some games this fall for sure and will make a few appearances with us over at TexAgs, and we have a couple of ideas you guys will enjoy.

Quote:

XFL seeming like a legit opportunity for him?

Remains to be seen. He's kind of in a holding pattern there, waiting to see where things go.

Quote:

I look forward to drinking a bunch of your Shiners at the TexAgs tailgates this season... 

They've got some great beers and the folks over there at Shiner (including the Houston crowd) are amazing. Drink it at our tailgate, at bars and buy it throughout the fall for your tailgates damnit!!!

Quote:

Do the Dallas Cowboys win the NFC east? Finally make it back to the NFC championship game?

Yes and no. I think the Saints and Rams are still better. Maybe even the Packers or Bears in the NFC.

Quote:

If the TexAgs staff were The Avengers or Marvel supervillains, who would be who?

I'll take Iron Man. I like the uniform and the idea of Paltrow as my wife. Logan can be Captain America and Olin is probably the Starlord (Chris Pratt from Guardians). I think Brauny kind of looks like Thanos but he'll tell you Dalton can clear half a room so maybe it's him (Dalton's words, by the way, not mine). Hunter is obviously The Hulk. Coco as the Black Widow and Lia as Captain Marvel. Josh and his crew of programmers would be Dr. Strange and Co. Brandon would be Spider Man, and Gabe as the raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy...or is he Groot? Let me think about that one. 

On second thought, Brauny is absolutely Ant Man.

And I believe that leaves Hop as either Thor or Black Panther....wait, whaaaaatttt???

Quote:

I made a $100 bet with my father, a Texas State alum, setting a spread of 38.5 on this game. We made this bet even before the Jimbo hire back when we first saw the 2019 schedule. Do you think I am $100 richer or poorer come Thursday?

Tough one. I don't really know.

Quote:

We need another linebacker in this class. Who among the kids we are chasing do we currently have the best shot at?

I'll go with Antonio Doyle Jr. If the Ags were to land Dontae Manning and Antonio Johnson, they'd have an excellent shot at the trifecta.

Quote:

Lose to Texas State but losing will give Ags a Natty in 2024. Would you approve? 

No. I think they can get there the old-fashioned way...you know, the way that doesn't involve losing to a Group of Five to open the season.

Quote:

Ags D shut out Texas State?

I'm not expecting a shut out in the opener, no. Tough to come by against anyone but especially so when you replacing virtually your entire front seven.

Quote:

With the schedule being as brutal as it is this year, do you think Jimbo rotates certain positions a bit more than normal to keep players healthier later in the season?

Probably not unless it's a spot where there is a lot of depth. He's going to roll with his best guys for the most part. I don't think the schedule matters here, you rotate more if you have that type of depth and if the drop off between a starter and the backup isn't that steep. I think you'll see more of that as the Aggies become a deeper, more talented roster.

Quote:

How much impact do you think the results of this season impact the 2019 recruiting class? Could the Ags doing well combined the horns showing that the Sugar Bowl was a fluke lead to some flips?

Absolutely. Easier said than done on this schedule and with them playing the Sisters of the Poor, however.

Quote:

How is the team's mentality different this year going into the season vs. last year going into the season?

These are a little too subjective for me to really answer without wild speculation. If anything, I'll say this year's team has a lot of guys on the team who have 'done it' and know they can win big games and go toe-to-toe with anyone. Last year's team didn't enter the season knowing that quite as much. The culture has certainly continued to evolve since then, but there really were some strong leaders and very good players who left and must be replaced.

Quote:

Would you rather have a drink with Saban or Dabo and why?

Saban all the way. Dabo doesn't seem very fun to drink with. Plus, Nick would not only be incredibly interesting to chat with over a few drinks, but there's also the off chance he could absolutely lose his stuff on a bartender or patron and you'd be there to see it.

Quote:

Any Top 25 teams on upset alert this weekend?

I really don't think so. Maybe Texas against LA Tech? Not really though. Maybe Stanford against Northwestern? I honestly don't think a ranked team goes down outside of the Auburn-Oregon loser.

Quote:

My son is being born this Thursday...Do I have the TV on with the game on in the delivery room or do I play it safe and attend to my wife? Your thoughts?

You're asking the wrong guy. I'm just going to say play it safe so as to not get on the bad side of your wife (as in, I don't want to be on her bad side for giving you bad advice!).

Quote:

Fav SEC Short?

I don't watch them as much as many of you do. When I do, I always get a good laugh though.

Quote:

Think Cupp's eventual ceiling is lower now?

Not at all. It's not that type of injury. However, not having him definitely hurts this year. I'm 1000% convinced he and Wydermyer would have been lethal at some point this season in the passing game with both of them on the field together. Beal can block and can do some things for his size, but Jalen and Baylor are truly dynamic talents and gifted athletes at the position.

Quote:

Predict how our new 12th man, Braden White, will compare this year to some of Gilly's accolades?

• Forced fumble
  • Fumble recovery
  • Blocked punt
  • TD (yeah right)

Gilly set the bar pretty damn high, didn't he? Unbelievable when you post it like that and think about three of the games those four plays were made in. Don't forget the fourth quarter kickoff return against Arkansas to set up the game-tying field goal, either. I'm excited to see what Braden can do though. He embodies everything a 12th Man should.

Quote:

Post camp, who is redshirted?

Oh man, way too early to tell since they're not even having to decide that stuff just yet thanks to the new rule.

Quote:

Who are the secondary starters by the Auburn game?

Tough one. I'll go with Renfro, Jones or Blades as the two corners, Oliver at nickel and Richardson and O'Neal at safety.

Quote:

Who is your all-time favorite Texas State football player other than Lucy Draper?

I couldn't name one outside of maybe Barrick Nealy and Claude Mathis.

Quote:

Heard you mention the two contracts coming up with Ross Bjork on the show last week (BTW needs to be a segment once a month because of how great it was) with Adidas and CBS. Do you think A&M renews with Adidas? Do you think CBS should look into having not only a 2:30 game but also a primetime game every week to completely own the SEC market? 

Yes and yes. I don't think the two CBS things happen, however. I've heard that those two renewals could mean as much as a $12-16 million per year increase for A&M's annual revenue stream.

Quote:

Will Vernon Jackson play again?

I'm not sure anyone knows yet, but I'm not encouraged considering he's going to miss the entire season. I'll hold out hope, however, because he was going to be a very good back in this offense, and I know he loves the game. As we saw with Andrew Luck this week, long-term health above all else...especially for someone as young as Jackson.

Quote:

Do you expect us to sign a top-five class?

I think it'll fall somewhere between 5-8. I also think there's a good chance that it could finish 6 or 7 and STILL produce a higher 'composite' score than last year's No. 3 haul (I refuse to acknowledge the manufactured bs class Texas claimed with the Bru McCoy adjustment), and they could do it with two fewer commits (25 instead of 27 in '19).

Quote:

Will the Texas State QB be broken into 2 pieces or 3 pieces??

No idea on that but I think you should say Texas State QBs (plural) because I think they'll play two regardless. That was a close battle for the starting job, and Spav and Bob Stitt are probably going to want to see who can handle the environment and run the offense best.

Quote:

Is D Renfro back for Clemson?

I think that's to be determined. Aggies really need him back at corner. He's been playing very well.

Quote:

Give us a bracket general estimate of the number of subscribers TexAgs has in 2019. 

Fluctuates between 10-12k, but those are just the subs. Where we separate ourselves is on the page views and the total number of posters. The traffic is hard for some to fathom and both numbers continue to go up.

Quote:

Do you keep up with Spav? If so, how does he like being a head coach? Is he excited to come back to Kyle Field?

He's pretty excited about it but knows there is a lot of work to do in order to build a program at any level. He's pretty low-key but I do know he's excited to coach a game back in Aggieland. He enjoyed this place a lot and has the utmost respect for Texas A&M.

Quote:

Lia's piece on the Wrecking Crew got me wondering if there will ever be another Wrecking Crew. With all the emphasis on safety and defenseless players, I'm not sure if any team can be that intimidating. Will the Texas A&M Wrecking Crew come back? Has there been a "Wrecking Crew" anywhere in the country the last 5-10 years?

I don't think there are many units that play like the Wrecking Crew did during the glory years, if any. Part of it had to do with stockpiling overwhelming, across-the-board NFL talent that only the likes of Bama and maybe Clemson or Georgia are doing right now (and Georgia really isn't, to be honest...at least not yet on D). The second has to do with today's wide-open offenses. Just look at Bama. They have all of that NFL talent, are generally considered the best defensive team in the country and STILL get shredded multiple times per year, it feels like. Since the Ags have joined the SEC, I can think of A&M in 2012, Ole Miss in '14 and '15...Georgia moved the ball very well the last two years and even in the '12 SEC title game, they stomped OU but Kyler Murray got his yards, Clemson lit them up two times in the last three tries and Auburn has gotten them at least once if not twice during that span. And that is by FAR the best defensive coach and team of the decade by a longshot. 

Quote:

Will the Wrecking Crew come back? 

If you're asking me if I think A&M will field one of the SEC's best defenses? I do, but I think it will come in 2020 and '21.

Quote:

Have you had Popeyes Chicken Sandwich yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

Not yet. Get back to me next week. I'll try to fit one in between now and then. I've heard that it doesn't compare to Chick-fil-A if you're being honest. My sneaky favorite chicken sandwich right now? Go to Chick-fil-A for breakfast and get the Egg White Grill. It's good, but if you replace the grilled chicken with the regular fried piece, it's insanely good. A good egg white, the fried chicken breast, cheese and toasted muffin go perfectly together. It's amazing. Take my word for it.

Quote:

Who are the biggest leaders/alphas on the team? 

Last year that was easy: McCoy, Keke and a couple of others. This year is tougher. I'd start with Madubuike and work from there.

Quote:

Whole kernel corn or on the cob?

On the cob, but only if it's done right.

Quote:

What do you think of that new T Swift album?

I haven't listened to it yet but I've heard it's good (not kidding). Some of her stuff I legitimately like, but I don't need to hear her rap ever again.

Quote:

What has to happen in this game to make you feel confident going into the Clemson game?

I'm not sure a whole lot can happen that will convince me it would be worth trying to translate anything A&M does to how good their chances are against the defending champs on the road. I guess if the Ags come out and look dominant in the first half and play a clean, focused game and get the starters out early then I'd feel better than I would otherwise.

Quote:

Who is the next recruiting domino to fall and when? 

Soon. Not sure who, but it'll be an out-of-stater. As I said earlier, I think the Ags are about to go on another one of those little runs that Jimbo Fisher has already made famous around here. They're in great shape and closing in on a handful of top-tier targets that I believe they'll start closing out.

Quote:

Less legit: Tate Martell or Baker Mayfield apologies?

Both are pretty hollow and lacking substance. At least Baker can play quarterback.

Quote:

What's up with Mowry and Ellison? Do they likely sign with A&M? If so, which year for each?

I still think Mowry ends up here following the season and Ellison after two years playing at Blinn.

Quote:

Are Dylan Wright and Brian Williams likely to get significant playing time? I haven't heard much about them during camp. Also are either of them possible redshirts? Thx for doing this btw.

I've mentioned Wright quite a bit, I believe. He'll see time from day one and has been pretty impressive. I've mentioned Williams as someone who began to make strides once the pads went on. I think he'll play out of a redshirt as well.

Quote:

Who is your Sleeper SEC Team to watch out for this year?

I guess Missouri because of the addition of Bryant and a cake schedule through the first 8 games. Maybe Kentucky hangs around a year longer than expected after learning how to win last season.

Quote:

After all the recent SEC head coaching changes, does anybody lose their job this year?

I don't think so. I think Gus holds on. Wonder if that would be the first time since the Ags joined the league that there wasn't a coaching change?

Quote:

Sumlin's last year to Jimbo's first year, the offense ended up with more rushing yards and the same amount of passing yards while holding the ball for ~5 minutes more. Do you see the offense being similarly productive or take a step back or surge forward?

I think they'll be similarly productive but maybe with a little more big-play potential while not quite possessing the closer that Trayveon Williams was.

Quote:

Your thoughts on running the table on home games this year?

I think it can happen. HAVE to knock off Auburn and Miss State, IMO. I think the Ags drop just one at home for the second year in a row before winning them all next year for an 'only three losses in three years' total after Season Three under Jimbo.

Quote:

A&M DL vs Clemson OL, who wins?

Get back to me with this one next week. Clemson OL returns FOUR first-team All-ACC linemen, which is something I haven't seen since, well, LAST year when they did it on the d-line. Unreal.

Quote:

Are we going to see Demani Richardson and Leon O'Neal starting at safety? That's some serious upgrades on the back end.

I believe that's exactly what you'll see on Thursday, with a lot of Keldrick Carper and some Derrick Tucker as well.

Quote:

Will Luke Matthews contribute this year? Is he developing as projected?

He has a chance to contribute, but I think it's worth noting he's still a redshirt freshman who hasn't seen any meaningful action yet. Still developing but promising.

Quote:

What does a day in the office look like for you?

Walk in, do radio, maybe sit in on a meeting, distract everyone from working with casual conversation about football or nothing, go bother Stew Wade for a second, recruit for lunch and chat with Brandon at some point before I head out. Maybe start up some sort of trick shot competition or play a game of 'bowling at Gabe's bobblehead' or something fun like that.

Quote:

I like having the extra days to prepare for Clemson, but do you like Thursday night home games in general?

For a non-conference season-opener that isn't against a Power Five team, yes. But that's about it.

Quote:

Will there be a 2019 TexAgs pick-em contest? Any chance the winners could get some of that sweet new TexAgs swag?

I'm not even sure. I'm more focused on redeeming myself for last year's debacle in our own pick 'em.

Quote:

Thanks for all that y'all do Looch. TexAgs is not just a great site, it's a way of life!

Really appreciate that my man!

Quote:

As a fan in the stands, which is more exciting to watch: a dominating defense or an unstoppable offense?

I like dominating defense, personally. Probably because I grew up loving the New York Giants as a kid and got to A&M during the prime years of the Wrecking Crew in '92.

Quote:

Why has there not been a second Avatar movie since Hollywood loves blockbuster sequels?

Did I not see where Disney has it set up to do like five or six more of those things over the next 15 years or so??? I think I did. There's a new one coming out at the end of 2020, I just looked it up for you.

Quote:

Call your shot: is this defense going to end the season ranked better than last year's?

I think a little lower but better at creating turnovers.

Quote:

Post victory meal: bone-in ribeye or porterhouse?

Filet. My days of being able to eat all of that fat in bone-in (which I used to LOVE) are over.

Quote:

What % chance would you give on each of the following in the "Big 4" games?
0-4
1-3
2-2
3-1 (just kidding haha)

I think the Ags figure out a way to go 2-2. Next most likely is 1-3.

Quote:

Billy, how is Orange Theory going? And, 1-10, what are the odds you'd actually challenge Miss USA to a class? Need to know if we need to reserve Texas FilmWorks for the event. 

I haven't been. Walked by there on my way to Mo's Irish Pub for lunch the other day and again when I went to the movies, if that counts. Odds I'd actually challenge her from 1-10? How about zero? I know there are plenty who would just love to see me get embarrassed (Amber Goodwin and probably Gabe are at the top of the list of haters), but I know when admitting you'd lose and staying in your lane is the play.

Texags posters ask a lot of stupid off topic questions 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Not married and straight. He uses his local celebrity to hit on coeds. 

It's well known that he's a creeper on Northgate. It's even weirder that he actually has "celebrity" status but you should see all the people that go crazy when they get a picture with him. 

It's a cult. I know the "cult" thing is kind of a joke but it's really true. 

Can you imagine any Longhorn going crazy to get a picture with FCB, Ketchum or any other 9.95er? It's odd as hell. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Liucci will be the first to say he doesn't respect Herman. And the second. And the third. And the fourth. And so on. 

They hate and don't respect Herman because deep down they are scared and know what's about to happen.  Liucci a year ago was saying Jimbo was going to own the state at least for the 2020 and 2021 classes when the exact opposite is happening.  He knows all the 2021 kids are talking about Texas.  A real good chance we may even take an aggy legacy ( or 2 ).

They never hated Strong because they knew what we did in that he was a clown and was never going to amount to anything or be a long term threat.

They couldn't land a higher class in Jimbo's "first year bump".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

God, this is so fucking outstanding. 

"I'm so tired of these kids stringing along the fans of programs they aren't even aligned with in any way, enjoying the process, and weighing a very important decision regarding their future. Fuck them. They need to commit to aTm RIGHT NOW, just so I can feel good about my school and  position in life, because I live vicariously through these kids, but I get really upset when they act like kids."

Fuck that school, fuck it and all the people aligned there with a rusty, iron covered cactus.

Yes, but can we all agree whoever invented the stupid hat thing need so be fed to bears?

source.gif

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I don't know, but I'm glad Billy is the first to say it. I was wondering when an aggie would do so.

36 minutes ago, Goodman said:

source.gif

already hoping for moral victories...wow

also Liucci stalking coeds...pathetic

Anybody else heard that one of the reasons the Aggies didn't have any kind of post-BBQ  recruiting bounce is because, to the recruits who showed up, their players looked-out-of-shape compared to the UT players that Yancy has been churning out?  I have also heard that the current Aggie players HATE their S&C coach, Jerry Schmidt.   It may be natural that you don't like people who bust your ass and make you work like a dog but I've heard it's more that that and that Schmidt is just an out-and-out asshole who is  costing A&M recruits.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Anybody else heard that one of the reasons the Aggies didn't have any kind of post-BBQ  recruiting bounce is because, to the recruits who showed up, their players looked-out-of-shape compared to the UT players that Yancy has been churning out?  I have also heard that the current Aggie players HATE their S&C coach, Jerry Schmidt.   It may be natural that you don't like people who bust your ass and make you work like a dog but I've heard it's more that that and that Schmidt is just an out-and-out asshole who is  costing A&M recruits.

South Austin's mom told me something similar last night.

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This sounds like utter bullshit. While no one, ever, EVER is going to say anything other than the fact that Jerry Schmidt is a weapon's grade asshole...and while I'm sure one look at the cubes on their OL and Blobby Brown would accurately reflect what you're suggesting...man, I just don't feel like 16-17 year old kids thinks this strategically, and I doubt they're trotting schmidt out for recruiting events because, well, asshole. But I don't remember hearing tales of him costing OU any recruits. 

That being said, a GOOD S&C coach makes people bust their ass, but they have great relationships with the kids. See Tommy Moffit at LSU or that ginger lunatic with the blowjob voice at Alabama. Our kids talk up Yancy. I certainly believe no one is talking up Schmidt to recruits unless those people enjoy eating their own vomit. Still, that story feels like a bridge too far. I'd love to be wrong, however. 

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This might be true but I heard it had something to do with pool volleyball 

• Like 1

Just now, golfclap said:

I hadn't really been truly paying attention to the QB depth chart because: aggy CB recruiting, but I guess I had forgotten that aggy is always one play away from it being Blumrick or Calzada. Holy. Fuck. 

I think I read something that said it's Calzada. A 50/50 TD/INT ratio in Georgia high school football just screams "freshman P5 starter" to me!

12 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is good.  We can add it to CTJ's:

Dameyune Craig got shitfaced and had to be ubered home. The potato salad apparently sat out too long and anyone who had some regretted it almost immediately. Players were negative recruiting. Balls to the face. Terry Price pulled up draft results on his phone and several guys pointed out that Texas had more defenders drafted in the last 7 years than ATM and he got pissed off. 

You are a softballin' motherfucker, texifornia, and I dig that about you.

Just now, texifornia said:

Also wait, what happened to Foster?

He's still there. Honestly I just assumed he'd be the backup because of Fisher's hubris and the natural belief whoever he coaches he can coach up to levels of success. But he apparently has been mentioned the least in practice reports..so...transfer portal candidate after the season I'd wager.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

He's still there. Honestly I just assumed he'd be the backup because of Fisher's hubris and the natural belief whoever he coaches he can coach up to levels of success. But he apparently has been mentioned the least in practice reports..so...transfer portal candidate after the season I'd wager.

He and Tank Jenkins can portal back to UAB.

19 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The reason for the lack of bounce is simple. They are aggy. They’ve always been aggy and always will be.  3rd rate diploma mills don’t get bounces. They get left overs 

• Like 1