Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The smug righteousness of the Strong defenders in those early days was some of the greatest interneting I’ve ever witnessed. 

There was a pretty strong race issue.  Dumbasses claimed Red McCombs, who hired a black coach for his pro team 25 years earlier and who extended Dennis Green when he bought the Vikings, was some rabid racist.  No. Red looked at Strong’s tenure at Louisville.  Which was underfuckingwhelming when you went game by game.   

The strong defenders here were doing it for racial issues.  He was an idiot and fucking sucked. 

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I haven't checked in today - Princely is OV'ing to aggy? Did I miss something? Do we have reason to be concerned according to any 9.95ers?

According to Aggy, it’s an easy flip IF Jimbo wants him, but he might not so basically win-win situation 

No inclination if he’s a Gatwick or Heathrow kind of guy 

16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I have some free time...here we go

Looch: I watched a little GameDay in the morning. That was nice, although sometimes...the love affair, they went too far with their picks. Utah in the championship game by Corso. Herbstreit of course somebody had to have Texas in the playoff.

Gabe: It's almost contractual at this point. 

Looch: But it was good to have College Football back. And I watched about as much of that Florida-Miami game as I could stomach, after about two drives I was going, I wish A&M could be playing Florida in the east and not Georgia because that team sucks. And they'll win some games because they're in the east. But what did we say when we talk about Florida. It's kind of like Texas to me. They're a lot like Texas. They play a crap schedule. And they really didn't do much. Texas beat OU early. That game was kind of an anomaly as OU proved later in the year. But Texas beat them early but that was the mark Stoops firing right after that.

Gabe: Yes

Looch: They just really didn't do much of anything. Texas beat a downtrodden USC program that was terrible that I don't think went to a bowl game. Did they? no.

Gabe: I don't think so, no. 

Looch: Florida kind of cruised along, they won a game early that got  people's attention. It might have been Tennessee.

Gabe: They got smoke by Missouri

Looch:. Later in the year, it's not like they were that good. they got smoked by Missouri. Then in the bowl game. They play a name program in Michigan. They beat the crap out of them, a highly ranked Michigan. Beat the crap out of them. Filipe Franks plays great. He creates a false narrative about who he is. It's the exact same thing with Texas and Georgia and Sam Ehlinger. And Miami is not any good. Miami will lose what do you think? even in the ACC. They're a 4 loss team if not 5. 

Gabe: I like their QB, I don't love him though. They're OLine is worse than Florida's.

Looch: It's terrible. Florida is going to lead the SEC in sacks because they got to play Miami. And what did they get? 13 of them?

Gabe: 10 sacks and 16 tackles for loss. Now that DLine's real. 

Looch: But Gabe, are they no better in the SEC than Florida?

Looch: I will bet you money there are 1 or 2 DLines better than Florida. But Miami won't play any of those. My point though is I think Miami is a 4 or 5 loss team. And Florida was really fortunate to get out of there beating them. They remind me a lot of Texas. Filipe Franks is not what everyone wanted to make him out to be because of the bowl. When you have an entire body of work. See at least with Ehlinger I can say, he seemed to be, I can say that though, he wasn't that good against OU. He stunk up the field the game before against Kansas. At Lubbock late in the year he almost lost it. I just don't know if he's doing this. When I look at at a guy like Kellen, who no one talks about, he's just steadily progressing. He's career arc is like this. Felipe Franks was like ruh ruh, up up, and then shot upfor the bowl game. And its the same with Ehlinger. I think people need to be careful for what they put in bowl games. If it doesn't correlate with what happens before in the season. It does more so with Ehlinger than Franks. 

Gabe: My deal wasn't the bowl game. You know I was bullish, it was because of Mullen. He's gonna get this guy. If he didn't go after Hurts or Kelly Bryant. He must see something in there. Logic told me Franks probably was going to be awesome. But I'm not seeing it now. He's got a long way to go maturity wise, from a leadership standpoint too. A long way to go

Looch: there's something wrong there with that program. The way the off-season went. There's something, there's an undercurrent, there's something going on there that's not good. And if they would have lost this game, maybe it would have reared it's ugly head. I don't know their schedule. There's something wrong with Florida right now in my opinion. Well see what happens as the year goes on. But They're 1-0. They're ranked in the top 10. At least there's one team now, there's two teams ahead of A&M that I know for a fact the aggies are better than. I don't know it, but I believe it. It's Florida and it's Texas .But they won't be there for very long, they look like a pretender and not a contender. And I've seen enough to already say that I don't think Georgia needs to worry about them too much. They're going to smack them around when they play them. You can ex them out. Though It's either South Carolina or Missouri as their primary competition in my opinion. They look that bad.

Gabe: (rambles on about nothing)

Looch: I think it shows you a lack of discipline. And PI sometimes is not a lack of discipline. It didn't look like a disciplined team. What Dan Mullen was doing late in that game play calling wise. I was laughing at twitter, someone said, Les Miles has taken over Florida. Just weird stuff. It doesn't seem like there is a good aire around that program. Like I said, I haven't looked at their schedule. I'm not really concerned. I just wanted to see them play. If Florida can rip off 5 games in  row. We've been down that road here. We've been down the road here 4 years in a row and look what that ultimately got you. We said that last year and then they beat LSU. Anyway I think...I'm glad they won though, because the odds say A&M wont' beat Clemson. The odds-makers, that will be a major upset if the Aggies pull that off in two weeks. And I think Texas-LSU is a tossup. Auburn-Oregon is a tossup. Especially when A&M's got the toughest task of anybody. A&M is the biggest underdog. So it would be the biggest upset. You have to win the ones. That was the one where the SEC was the big favorite. You've got to get that one. These games are important. I always say they're way more important than the bowl games. Everybody wants to make a deal about the bowl games at the end of the year. Oh the Big 12 went 3-1 against the SEC. Yeah Baylor beat Vandy and Ok State beat Missouri...and nobody cares. But this time of year in September. If Miami were to beat Florida and LSU went to Austin and lost and Auburn lost to Oregon. That's the narrative. And that's the narrative when playoff time comes around, and that really starts to chip away at the narrative next year when A&M could really be a player in this thing. You want them to go well A&M was out of the SEC and if a one loss A&M is getting in because they're in the SEC. You don't want them to go Oh they played Colorado and Fresno and Vandy and didn't really play anybody. You want the fact that, dude they went through the SEC west schedule and that's more than anyone else did. So this kind of stuff, as silly as it sounds, games like that matter. And they matter moving forward too. That's where I think the Big 12 idiots or the honks that they don't get. The one think I've noticed about those mouth-breathers, scum. They look at the SEC and they want to make fun of Aggies for rooting for the SEC. They don't get it because you want OU to win a big non-conference game if you're Texas. You want Ok State to actually do something. You want TCU to beat Ohio State last year and you want to root for them because It matters for you somewhere down the road. Once you become relevant enough when you're on the cut line for New Year's sixes, and you're on the cut line for the playoff, you want every team in your conference to win games. I would think that's obvious but there's some people about 90 miles from here that just don't get that. They let their desire to pretend like that they're happy where they are and don't envy where A&M's at.  They let their desire to keep up that charade and that facade because they're intelligent enough to know you want your conference teams to win games. And they're hypocrites because they're sitting there dying hoping Florida and the SEC would have lost on Saturday. 

Thanks for your work Neon.

Best part of transcription: Gabe: (rambles on about nothing)

1:35:30 - 1:45:00
Looch gives his thoughts on the Miami/Florida game... by talking shit about Texas. How that game convinced him there are now 2 teams in the top 10 that aggy are better than: UF and UT. Felipe Franks' poor play reminds him of Sam Ehlinger. And of course how stupid we are that we don't buy in to the whole conference pride thing. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/YdcvQ6tBuRA/0120976-siff.mp3

That asshat is so delusional. Aggy corch always out coach errbody. Texas is a fraid. Florida is a fraud. Aggy would stomp the seminoles. Aggy would be Texas because a friend said so.

Hahahha. Fucking looch. Goober. Asshat. Full of hate. Your typical aggy.

Hi looch! Fuck off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Dontae Manning slowing things down - about to release a top 15 

Since decommitting from Oklahoma on July 6, Kansas City, Missouri, four-star cornerback Dontae Manning has been thought of as a player leaning in the direction of Texas A&M. And while he still has high interest in the Aggies, Manning early Tuesday morning announced that he's going to slow his recruiting process down.

Way down.

The Raytown High School product -- ranked the No. 1 player out of the state of Missouri by 247Sports -- tweeted Tuesday that he will have a "top 15 coming soon." Manning confirmed with GigEm247 that with the tweet, he plans on taking his time with recruiting and also doesn't have a set commitment timeline.

That said, Texas A&M is still a school to watch. He told Keith Miller on "The Transparent Truth" podcast that Texas A&M was in a good spot at the beginning of this month.

"I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out ... but I would honestly say Texas A&M is kind of at the top," Manning told Miller. "Second would probably be Mizzou, my home state, just having a legacy for my hometown. LSU, Oregon ... all the schools, but if I had to rank them, that would be the order."

Manning reopening his commitment also could mean Oklahoma could be back in play. In-state school Missouri should be a team everyone keeps an eye on, as he spoke very highly of the Tigers and playing for his state in the podcast. Other schools to keep an eye on, aside from LSU and Oregon, include Notre Dame and Michigan.

Manning, a 6-foot, 185-pound cornerback, has three official visit slots remaining. He took his first official to Oklahoma the weekend of April 12. He then visited Texas A&M the weekend of June 14. It was a trip he then described to GigEm247 as "amazing," as he raved about the advantages Texas A&M had outside of football.

"Football will only get me so far," Manning told GigEm247 in June. "Going to the NFL, that won't last forever. Having a big network, I know I can easily go into business or management."

Recruited to Texas A&M by cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist and tight ends coach Joe Jon Finley, Manning is preparing for his senior year after helping Raytown to an 8-2 record last season and the program's first winning season in more than 25 years. He was named a Missouri Class 5 second-team all-state selection as a junior.

To add, Manning has been clocked in the 100-meter dash in 10.67 seconds, and he used that speed to boost his resume as a special teams returner. 247Sports national analyst Charles Power in an evaluation compared Manning to a young Marshon Lattimore of the New Orleans Saints. Here's what Power had to say about Manning:

Lean frame with adequate muscle mass and room for growth at the next level. Has continued adding muscle over the course of the past year, heading into his senior season of high school. Looks to have solid length for the position. Has outstanding straight line speed, with a best of 10.67 in the 100 meters in the spring of 2019. Transfers that speed over to the field in multiple facets as he’s a versatile playmaker for his high school team. Shows high-end turn and run ability and excels in man coverage. Has a long stride and does an excellent job of staying in-phase on vertical routes. Shows advanced ball skills and can come down with the ball in traffic and contested situations. Has solid physicality and pop in his hands. Makes plays at a high rate both in coverage and special teams, where he doubles as a dangerous punt returner. His athleticism and open field vision result in a multi-faced playmaker. Will need to continue progressing from a physical and technical standpoint as he advances to the next level. Projects as a multi-year starter at the Power 5 level with the upside of developing into an all-conference player and potential early round NFL Draft pick.

Nationally, Manning is ranked the No. 42 overall player and the No. 5 cornerback in the 2020 class by 247Sports.

30 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Reveal hidden contents

Since decommitting from Oklahoma on July 6, Kansas City, Missouri, four-star cornerback Dontae Manning has been thought of as a player leaning in the direction of Texas A&M. And while he still has high interest in the Aggies, Manning early Tuesday morning announced that he's going to slow his recruiting process down.

Way down.

The Raytown High School product -- ranked the No. 1 player out of the state of Missouri by 247Sports -- tweeted Tuesday that he will have a "top 15 coming soon." Manning confirmed with GigEm247 that with the tweet, he plans on taking his time with recruiting and also doesn't have a set commitment timeline.

That said, Texas A&M is still a school to watch. He told Keith Miller on "The Transparent Truth" podcast that Texas A&M was in a good spot at the beginning of this month.

"I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out ... but I would honestly say Texas A&M is kind of at the top," Manning told Miller. "Second would probably be Mizzou, my home state, just having a legacy for my hometown. LSU, Oregon ... all the schools, but if I had to rank them, that would be the order."

Manning reopening his commitment also could mean Oklahoma could be back in play. In-state school Missouri should be a team everyone keeps an eye on, as he spoke very highly of the Tigers and playing for his state in the podcast. Other schools to keep an eye on, aside from LSU and Oregon, include Notre Dame and Michigan.

Manning, a 6-foot, 185-pound cornerback, has three official visit slots remaining. He took his first official to Oklahoma the weekend of April 12. He then visited Texas A&M the weekend of June 14. It was a trip he then described to GigEm247 as "amazing," as he raved about the advantages Texas A&M had outside of football.

"Football will only get me so far," Manning told GigEm247 in June. "Going to the NFL, that won't last forever. Having a big network, I know I can easily go into business or management."

Recruited to Texas A&M by cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist and tight ends coach Joe Jon Finley, Manning is preparing for his senior year after helping Raytown to an 8-2 record last season and the program's first winning season in more than 25 years. He was named a Missouri Class 5 second-team all-state selection as a junior.

To add, Manning has been clocked in the 100-meter dash in 10.67 seconds, and he used that speed to boost his resume as a special teams returner. 247Sports national analyst Charles Power in an evaluation compared Manning to a young Marshon Lattimore of the New Orleans Saints. Here's what Power had to say about Manning:

Lean frame with adequate muscle mass and room for growth at the next level. Has continued adding muscle over the course of the past year, heading into his senior season of high school. Looks to have solid length for the position. Has outstanding straight line speed, with a best of 10.67 in the 100 meters in the spring of 2019. Transfers that speed over to the field in multiple facets as he’s a versatile playmaker for his high school team. Shows high-end turn and run ability and excels in man coverage. Has a long stride and does an excellent job of staying in-phase on vertical routes. Shows advanced ball skills and can come down with the ball in traffic and contested situations. Has solid physicality and pop in his hands. Makes plays at a high rate both in coverage and special teams, where he doubles as a dangerous punt returner. His athleticism and open field vision result in a multi-faced playmaker. Will need to continue progressing from a physical and technical standpoint as he advances to the next level. Projects as a multi-year starter at the Power 5 level with the upside of developing into an all-conference player and potential early round NFL Draft pick.

Nationally, Manning is ranked the No. 42 overall player and the No. 5 cornerback in the 2020 class by 247Sports.

The responses on that thread are getting good.  Questioning making Manning and Johnson a priority over Alford and Eaton.  Thinking losing Eaton is going to come back and haunt them at the end of the year.

How long until someone ramps up the effort and money bags on Donell Harris?

50 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Reveal hidden contents

Way down.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Liucci has never missed a chance to call ATM undefeated against all of the teams that aren’t on the schedule. Texas fucking owned ATM for more than a century, but they own us every year now that they don’t play us. That dude is truly the perfect aggie - insecure, gutless, dumber than a sack of hammers, and loud as he can be when he’s protected behind a crowd or a mic or a keyboard, making sure everyone hears his moronic takes, just in case there was any doubt he’s as dumb as he looks. 

Haha, exactly. 

If you account for all the things ATM would have or could have accomplished over the years, well hell, they'd be the bluest of the blue blood programs in the country. 

11 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Haha, exactly. 

If you account for all the things ATM would have or could have accomplished over the years, well hell, they'd be the bluest of the blue blood programs in the country. 

I don't know what mixes with red ass to get blue.  

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Liucci has never missed a chance to call ATM undefeated against all of the teams that aren’t on the schedule. Texas fucking owned ATM for more than a century, but they own us every year now that they don’t play us. 

That's why joining the SEC was such a great move for them. They have been spewing the same shit about how much better they are for a hundred plus years even with the annual beat down reminder to keep them in check. Now they can crow as loudly as they want and exist perpetually in their own denial without ever having to face reality. It's like a dream that they never have to wake up from. 

• Like 1

"Why do some recruits want so much attention. They're endlessly stringing fans along."

Damn straight! Those selfish bastards should be more concerned with these strange adults who follow the collegiate preferences of adolescents, than their academic and athletic futures!

• Like 4

Haha, exactly. 

"Sir Robin the - not - quite - so - brave - as - Sir Lancelot, who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor, who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol, and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill!"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1