Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. Just noticed Liucci has JSN as 28th in Texas. His composite is 62. 247 has him at 47.  I mean, liucci’s state ranking of him is close to where 247 views the kid nationally.  Just like Brockermeyer in 2021. Just so fucking hilarious. 

Luicci released his top 44 for 2021?

22 hours ago, Wishbone said:

The only answer I can think of is if he is the only bullet they have in the chamber then it would still be overwhelmed by pulling the trigger so close to all the recent Texas fireworks. It would come across as a popcorn fart in comparison. They may want to wait until they have one or two more they can roll out over a day or two, along with a little more time to settle from our recent frenzy, to simulate sudden momentum. 

Wait too long and the season starts which doesn't bode well for commits. Right now it's easier when it's all fantasy land and paper championships.

Edited by Mdhorn

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He has Reuben Fatheree ahead of Tommy Brockermeyer.

Banking on a 6'8 16year is not a place is want to be.

That kid could be 6'10 before he ever steps on the field. That's probably gonna be a problem.  Not for Buzz but for Jimbo

I hope it works out great for the kids somehow and terribly for aggy.

It is a gas at STP. It can easily be stored as a liquid, though, by closing the container to prevent escape of the vapor pressure. Think cigarette lighter. You’d need a special container, but a butane cocktail is theoretically possible. What is trickier is getting it dissolved in vodka, at least at reasonable temperatures.

Edited by Magus Ossis

6 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

It is a gas at STP. It can easily be stored as a liquid, though, by closing the container to prevent escape of the vapor pressure. Think cigarette lighter. You’d need a special container, but a butane cocktail is theoretically possible. What is trickier is getting it dissolved in vodka, at least at reasonable temperatures.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

They could go 5-7 and they would still be shouting "Don't Care, Got Jimbo".. Since they will never win a championship again, the Jimbo hire was their MNC.

I thought their championship was 74-72 over LSU. Remember they got rings made to commemorate it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

As much as we may not want to admit it, he has a point. Sumlin barely averaged 8 wins (not counting bowls), and only won his first 3 bowls. By comparison, Jimbo won 8 games plus a bowl his first year.

Give it some time. Regression to the mean and what not.

4 hours ago, Scholz said:

Those cultists deify every one of their HCs. This is no different.

Frantastic (from Alabama! He's our Bear!)

Sherman Tank (Recruits will flip out over his ring. Imagine maybe Favre coming by College Station!)

19 inch Cobra (Nah, we're not racists. Swagcopter! Texas nigras will love this guy.)

Sitting MNC Coach Jimbo (in whom we trust.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Sherman Tank (Recruits will flip out over his ring. Imagine maybe Favre coming by College Station!)

19 inch Cobra (Nah, we're not racists. Swagcopter! Texas nigras will love this guy.)

They also deify their assistants.  The Chief and The Marine.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

It’s honestly a very stark difference between our fan base and theirs. Chuck had a “Fire Charlie Strong” Shaggy thread an hour into his tenure, created in earnest. 

Shit, the number of people who are still skeptical about Herman long term is not small, and includes some good football minds. Groupthink and conformity are not among our many sins.

1 minute ago, Tree Fidy said:

That’s some next level Satyanash there.

You don't have to be a fucking psycho downer like Satyanash to be a dissenter. Look at ctj, for example. He's stated numerous times the dichotomous opinions that he is glad Herman is our coach at present (particularly in context of discussions about Strong) and also that he thinks Herman is a raging narcissist whose rigidity puts a ceiling on his potential.

There's room for all sorts of nuanced bullshit in a crowd like this one. On an aggy forum, meanwhile, the bullshit comes in one ministry-approved flavor.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You don't have to be a fucking psycho downer like Satyanash to be a dissenter. Look at ctj, for example. He's stated numerous times the dichotomous opinions that he is glad Herman is our coach at present (particularly in context of discussions about Strong) and also that he thinks Herman is a raging narcissist whose rigidity puts a ceiling on his potential.

There's room for all sorts of nuanced bullshit in a crowd like this one. On an aggy forum, meanwhile, the bullshit comes in one ministry-approved flavor.

True. A lot of us (MO included) are generally pro-Herman, but still anti:

Casey Horny hiring

Underperforming assistant retention

Q4 turtling

It may turn out that he has good reasons for what makes us crazy, but we don’t accept it as granted.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

True. A lot of us (MO included) are generally pro-Herman, but still anti:

Casey Horny hiring

Underperforming assistant retention

Q4 turtling

It may turn out that he has good reasons for what makes us crazy, but we don’t accept it as granted.

Hell we submitted FOIA requests to get emails regarding the Horny matter, and went ballistic many times regarding the latter two. We had a Fire Tom Herman thread started early and it was active and popular and taken very seriously for a while, eventually spawning a podcast with the same name before Herman's success eventually made it a tongue in cheek name that stuck. Could you imagine a Fire Jimbo/Sumlin/Sherman/Fran thread and a Fire Jimbo/Sumlin/Sherman/Fran podcast being started at the first sign of discontent before he coached his first game? They're delusional battered sunshine pumpers whereas we're somewhat delusional reactionaries.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

3 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Hell we submitted FOIA requests to get emails regarding the Horny matter, and went ballistic many times regarding the latter two. We had a Fire Tom Herman thread started early and it was active and popular and taken very seriously for a while, eventually spawning a podcast with the same name before Herman's success eventual made it a tongue in cheek name that stuck.

The podcast name has always been satirical, it started with the 2017 season when he was hired

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It is not the critic who counts. 

Spoiler

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

People basically have defined roles. CTJ plays the curmudgeon. It's his role. He'll play that role forever, and there's nothing wrong with that. It is up to the audience to try and weigh his arguments against the evidence.

I've seen the evidence and the prognosis is postive.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

And then Herman won games and everyone forgot about Casey Horny.

You presume too much. There is a difference between forgetting and laying in wait. 

2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

It is not the critic who counts. 

Reveal hidden contents

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

People basically have defined roles. CTJ plays the curmudgeon. It's his role. He'll play that role forever, and there's nothing wrong with that. It is up to the audience to try and weigh his arguments against the evidence.

I've seen the evidence and the prognosis is postive.

Frankly, curmudgeon is just a bizarre label and evidence that you’re a recruiting and football fly-by-night. I’m perpetually more optimistic and jovial than most on this board. Dickhead or motherfucker? Sure. Curmudgeon? Bizarre. 

We do play roles. No doubt. You’ve never grasped mine, and this post merely reinforces that. I’m an agent of chaos when it suits me, and my risk tolerance is far higher than most on this board or some olds. But hey, Herman can keep winning and I don’t care what you call me. Just don’t get your feelings hurt when tides shift and the old man shouting at the sun isn’t where I’m at on the circumstances. There’s a comfort in the concept of benign that I can’t offer, whatever the label. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Let me get with my mother in law.  She can get anything into vodka, at room temp.

14 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Had aggy tell me sumlin was the “Black Mack”. Fucking idiots. I’m not sure how they don’t see they anoint every coach they get as the chosen one.

9 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

We had a Fire Tom Herman thread started early and it was active and popular and taken very seriously for a while, eventually spawning a podcast with the same name before Herman's success eventually made it a tongue in cheek name that stuck.

Hey now. We picked our name as an overreaction to the cookie cakes we were passing out for OVs in 2017. Other shitty names we considered were "Cookie Cake Critics Podcast," "Light the Tower," and "4th and Fuck Will Baizer."

Maryland months later pretty well secured which name was going to garner the most attention.

• Like 2

Frankly, curmudgeon is just a bizarre label and evidence that you’re a recruiting and football fly-by-night. I’m perpetually more optimistic and jovial than most on this board. Dickhead or motherfucker? Sure. Curmudgeon? Bizarre. 
We do play roles. No doubt. You’ve never grasped mine, and this post merely reinforces that. I’m an agent of chaos when it suits me, and my risk tolerance is far higher than most on this board or some olds. But hey, Herman can keep winning and I don’t care what you call me. Just don’t get your feelings hurt when tides shift and the old man shouting at the sun isn’t where I’m at on the circumstances. There’s a comfort in the concept of benign that I can’t offer, whatever the label. 

3614a1c6a21ee02071072fce1a743f53.jpg
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You presume too much. There is a difference between forgetting and laying in wait. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2