Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

I love how aggy throws around "silent" commitments. Unless the coaching staff asks you not to commit publicly like they stopped doing years ago, a silent commitment is what you get from a kid who feels pressured to say something positive but wants to keep every option available to them. They are meaningless. I'm sure they do hope to land those 2 4*s, but aggy can't close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You keep telling yourself that, coyote1995

ECrCgmMXUAYpknz?format=png&name=small

That has worked out so well for all the other silents. Besides, why would Jimbo ask these kids to be silent when he has no recruiting momentum anywhere on planet Earth right now.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

Did we recruit manning, and if not why?

manning and Johnson are good prospects. If aggy lands them, then good for aggy. 

Why do they feel the need to talk about Alford and Eaton like they do?  Their need to defend or rationalize any perceived slight against aggy is mysterious considering their insular attitude about the place. (From the outside yada yada yada)

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That has worked out so well for all the other silents. Besides, why would Jimbo ask these kids to be silent when he has no recruiting momentum anywhere on planet Earth right now.

So Jimbo can develop his Plans D and E which were his real targets anyway, Dummy. He's feigning interest in these 4-stars to keep everybody in the dark about who he really wants.

It's a level of chess so far beyond the likes of Herman, Saban, and God Himself.

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did we recruit manning, and if not why?

The CBs we've gone targeted and signed under this staff have largely been quite different from those targeted and signed by OU and aggy. 

If I was going to guess I think there's several reasons we didn't recruit Manning. First, we simply have better CBs already committed and/or targeted. Take into account not only the guys we've got verballed but add Ringo, Kimber, Rogers,  etc ... 

I don't know if there's an accurate ht/wt for Manning anywhere, or any testing numbers for that matter, but if you watch his HUDL he's either playing against A LOT of 6'3" 220# WRs or he's actually more like 5'10" 160. While he clearly has good straight line speed (via the video and his 10.67 100) he's also clearly not interested in physical contact and clearly not his listed ht/wt. He simply doesn't look like he fits any of the the markers that this staff looks for in CBs outside of straight line speed. 

In the last few weeks they've "lost" Van Pran, Lindburg and likely Evans to Georgia.  Alford, Eaton, Princely and Broughten have chosen the Flagship University of aggy's own state over them.  They can't even get their 6th snd 7th choices to give them a commitment.  How long before Bilbo starts feeling like this?

5b49c2799fe0887ebb3a4e131618ef72--view-m

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

In the last few weeks they've "lost" Van Pran, Lindburg and likely Evans to Georgia.  Alford, Eaton, Princely and Broughten have chosen the Flagship University of aggy's own state over them.  They can't even get their 6th snd 7th choices to give them a commitment.  How long before Bilbo starts feeling like this?

5b49c2799fe0887ebb3a4e131618ef72--view-m

But they're getting Collins, you see. And Bilbo and Co. are still leaving voicemail for Evans, Alford, Princely, and Broughton. Real. Recruiting.

Edited by Voluminous Banality
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

wait, so lost on me because of some of the other depth chart shit is that Max Wright is listed as the backup to Tyree Johnson at the Edge spot. 

in their own words :: 

so they're going to have that dude drop in coverage? Like, to cover the RB or H-Back/TE on swings/flares? Travis Etienne for example? Fantastic. 

there was also this nugget :: 

giphy.gif

Luckily for them, there are like three OCs in the SEC who know how to pick at those defensive scabs, while every big XII OC will target those flaws early and often 

18 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They have a good chance of getting these two. I actually think Manning is a silent to them. I don’t know about Johnson

Yeah, but why stay a silent commit during all this activity for Texas, with nothing for aggy to latch onto?

is there some master plan by jimbo or the recruit?

31 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah, but why stay a silent commit during all this activity for Texas, with nothing for aggy to latch onto?

Jimbo is playing 4-D chess here, ya stupid sip.  Don't question Jimbo.  You don't have his mental prowess.

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The only answer I can think of is if he is the only bullet they have in the chamber then it would still be overwhelmed by pulling the trigger so close to all the recent Texas fireworks. It would come across as a popcorn fart in comparison. They may want to wait until they have one or two more they can roll out over a day or two, along with a little more time to settle from our recent frenzy, to simulate sudden momentum. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Probably have any silents pull the trigger after another patented loss-victory to a ranked team allah (all praise be) Clempson to give the appearance of momentum. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So it's not as embarrassing after he decides to go elsewhere following huge losses to Clemson, Bama, Georgia, and LSU.

• Like 1

Just looking at the TX 2020 state rankings. aggy has 3 in the Top 10, and then not another top 20 player. You have to go all the way down to 30 before you find the next aggy. Omeire is likely to fall further too. It's likely aggy ends up with 3 of the Top 35-40 in the state. Just underscores how much they are losing in state this cycle.

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Just looking at the TX 2020 state rankings. aggy has 3 in the Top 10, and then not another top 20 player. You have to go all the way down to 30 before you find the next aggy. Omeire is likely to fall further too. It's likely aggy ends up with 3 of the Top 35-40 in the state. Just underscores how much they are losing in state this cycle.

That’s because it’s a down year instate and they’re picking from greener pastures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TBGFL said:

I don't have a new copy of the Aggy Excuse Manual but is this their latest rationalization?

They’ve been saying it for months. When herman recruits oos, it’s because he is getting his ass kicked in Texas. When Jimbo recruits oos, it’s because he can recruit nationally and its a down year in Texas. Rinse and repeat. 

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

And only a few uncommitted guys left.  Jordan and Collins are Texas bound.  They'll keep telling themselves they'll get Evans in the end, but he ain't going to a 5+ loss aggy team.  They look good for Achane.  Who knows with Hayes.

Everyone knows how biased those rankings are ya stoopid syep. Gotta trust the real unbiased rankings at texags

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

h9E9E046A

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. Just noticed Liucci has JSN as 28th in Texas. His composite is 62. 247 has him at 47.  I mean, liucci’s state ranking of him is close to where 247 views the kid nationally.  Just like Brockermeyer in 2021. Just so fucking hilarious. 

In theory, having an outlier in your rankings is not necessarily bad. I often complain about group think in rankings and the heavy bias towards names that appear early and camp participation. A few years ago I would ranked Jalen Reagor as the best player in Texas with number 2 solidly behind him. The year Mario Edwards was ranked number one I just openly mocked the consensus on him being the best player in state. I was hoping some recruiting analyst would rank him where he belonged in the 20-30:range of in state players. 

That being said, when you consistently build your rankings based first on who is likely to sign with your school and that is your MO year in and year out like Liucci, well that’s another thing entirely. That’s obviously not someone trying not be influenced by the consensus it’s just homerism at its finest. 

Edited by Newy25

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

In theory, having an outlier in your rankings is not necessarily bad. I often complain about group think in rankings and the heavy bias towards names that appear early and camp participation. A few years ago I would ranked Jalen Reagor as the best player in Texas with number 2 solidly behind him. The year Mario Edwards was ranked number one I just openly mocked the consensus on him being the best player in state. I was hoping some recruiting analyst would rank him where he belonged in the 20-30:range of in state players. 

That being said, when you consistory build your rankings based first on who is likely to sign with your school and that is your MO year in and year out like Liucci, well that’s another thing entirely. That’s obviously not someone trying not be influenced by the consensus it’s just homerism at its finest. 

Liucci is a very talented evaluator.  

Outliers exist. It’s fine. For Liucci I think these are more calculated. Long time Ohio state commit that’s under the radar for a year because he’s quiet? Not much chatter from the state schools? Perfect candidate to slam way down to make room for an aTm recruit to inflate. Its just another tool in that massive tool’s belt. Similar to dumping on Quentin Johnson because he doesn’t report his offers, so he can jam him down and say “look at his offers, he’s trash bomc.”

The irony is, these are other things that move his rankings down even further, the erosion at the edges that make his rankings even worse, and not just for aTm or Texas recruits. Its the shit he messes with at the mid levels as well. Its shit top to bottom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

They’ve been saying it for months. When herman recruits oos, it’s because he is getting his ass kicked in Texas. When Jimbo recruits oos, it’s because he can recruit nationally and its a down year in Texas. Rinse and repeat. 

(Jimbo recruits a dog to placekick)

IF A DOG CAN BE THE HEAD OF THE CORPS, SHE CAN BE A PLACEKICKER, 'SIDES THEY ALREADY LET WOMEN KICK, I AM SURE A DOG CAN HANDLE IT

(Jimbo stops recruiting entirely)

HE'S GON' RELY ON THE 12TH MAN! HE GITS AGGIE CULTURE!!!!