Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You presume too much. There is a difference between forgetting and laying in wait. 

Frankly, curmudgeon is just a bizarre label and evidence that you’re a recruiting and football fly-by-night. I’m perpetually more optimistic and jovial than most on this board. Dickhead or motherfucker? Sure. Curmudgeon? Bizarre. 

We do play roles. No doubt. You’ve never grasped mine, and this post merely reinforces that. I’m an agent of chaos when it suits me, and my risk tolerance is far higher than most on this board or some olds. But hey, Herman can keep winning and I don’t care what you call me. Just don’t get your feelings hurt when tides shift and the old man shouting at the sun isn’t where I’m at on the circumstances. There’s a comfort in the concept of benign that I can’t offer, whatever the label. 

You are a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You presume too much. There is a difference between forgetting and laying in wait. 

Frankly, curmudgeon is just a bizarre label and evidence that you’re a recruiting and football fly-by-night. I’m perpetually more optimistic and jovial than most on this board. Dickhead or motherfucker? Sure. Curmudgeon? Bizarre. 

We do play roles. No doubt. You’ve never grasped mine, and this post merely reinforces that. I’m an agent of chaos when it suits me, and my risk tolerance is far higher than most on this board or some olds. But hey, Herman can keep winning and I don’t care what you call me. Just don’t get your feelings hurt when tides shift and the old man shouting at the sun isn’t where I’m at on the circumstances. There’s a comfort in the concept of benign that I can’t offer, whatever the label. 

Quite the curmudgeonly response.

Funny that they cheer for LSU to beat Texas on his visit to Austin but don't give a shit about Bama spanking them on his aggy OV.  That's going to be some selling point watching Bama's second team continue the whooping once the starters get pulled after halftime.  Pretty sure this game is going to get worse traction than their pool party. Maybe Price's son can decommit before the game and then recommit afterwards for fighting farmer fauxmentum.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Wow, so there's a guy who really could potentially flip (you don't take visits unless the door is open at least a crack), but they want to aggy it up by playing up their hurt widdle feelings.

Wow.

In their defense, it's not unheard of for other schools commits to screw up recruiting weekends. 

1:35:30 - 1:45:00

Looch gives his thoughts on the Miami/Florida game... by talking shit about Texas. How that game convinced him there are now 2 teams in the top 10 that aggy are better than: UF and UT. Felipe Franks' poor play reminds him of Sam Ehlinger. And of course how stupid we are that we don't buy in to the whole conference pride thing. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/YdcvQ6tBuRA/0120976-siff.mp3

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Looch gives his thoughts on the Miami/Florida game... by talking shit about Texas. How that game convinced him there are now 2 teams in the top 10 that aggy are better than: UF and UT. Felipe Franks' poor play reminds him of Sam Ehlinger. And of course how stupid we are that we don't buy in to the whole conference pride thing. 

Trashes Ehlinger for being inconsistent but praises Mond for being consistent. You can't make that shit up. He then says he knows for a "fact" that aggy is better than Florida and Texas. He then calls the Big 12 people scum and mouth breathers. Good stuff on a Monday. 

24 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

I have some free time...here we go

Looch: I watched a little GameDay in the morning. That was nice, although sometimes...the love affair, they went too far with their picks. Utah in the championship game by Corso. Herbstreit of course somebody had to have Texas in the playoff.

Gabe: It's almost contractual at this point. 

Looch: But it was good to have College Football back. And I watched about as much of that Florida-Miami game as I could stomach, after about two drives I was going, I wish A&M could be playing Florida in the east and not Georgia because that team sucks. And they'll win some games because they're in the east. But what did we say when we talk about Florida. It's kind of like Texas to me. They're a lot like Texas. They play a crap schedule. And they really didn't do much. Texas beat OU early. That game was kind of an anomaly as OU proved later in the year. But Texas beat them early but that was the mark Stoops firing right after that.

Gabe: Yes

Looch: They just really didn't do much of anything. Texas beat a downtrodden USC program that was terrible that I don't think went to a bowl game. Did they? no.

Gabe: I don't think so, no. 

Looch: Florida kind of cruised along, they won a game early that got  people's attention. It might have been Tennessee.

Gabe: They got smoke by Missouri

Looch:. Later in the year, it's not like they were that good. they got smoked by Missouri. Then in the bowl game. They play a name program in Michigan. They beat the crap out of them, a highly ranked Michigan. Beat the crap out of them. Filipe Franks plays great. He creates a false narrative about who he is. It's the exact same thing with Texas and Georgia and Sam Ehlinger. And Miami is not any good. Miami will lose what do you think? even in the ACC. They're a 4 loss team if not 5. 

Gabe: I like their QB, I don't love him though. They're OLine is worse than Florida's.

Looch: It's terrible. Florida is going to lead the SEC in sacks because they got to play Miami. And what did they get? 13 of them?

Gabe: 10 sacks and 16 tackles for loss. Now that DLine's real. 

Looch: But Gabe, are they no better in the SEC than Florida?

Looch: I will bet you money there are 1 or 2 DLines better than Florida. But Miami won't play any of those. My point though is I think Miami is a 4 or 5 loss team. And Florida was really fortunate to get out of there beating them. They remind me a lot of Texas. Filipe Franks is not what everyone wanted to make him out to be because of the bowl. When you have an entire body of work. See at least with Ehlinger I can say, he seemed to be, I can say that though, he wasn't that good against OU. He stunk up the field the game before against Kansas. At Lubbock late in the year he almost lost it. I just don't know if he's doing this. When I look at at a guy like Kellen, who no one talks about, he's just steadily progressing. He's career arc is like this. Felipe Franks was like ruh ruh, up up, and then shot upfor the bowl game. And its the same with Ehlinger. I think people need to be careful for what they put in bowl games. If it doesn't correlate with what happens before in the season. It does more so with Ehlinger than Franks. 

Gabe: My deal wasn't the bowl game. You know I was bullish, it was because of Mullen. He's gonna get this guy. If he didn't go after Hurts or Kelly Bryant. He must see something in there. Logic told me Franks probably was going to be awesome. But I'm not seeing it now. He's got a long way to go maturity wise, from a leadership standpoint too. A long way to go

Looch: there's something wrong there with that program. The way the off-season went. There's something, there's an undercurrent, there's something going on there that's not good. And if they would have lost this game, maybe it would have reared it's ugly head. I don't know their schedule. There's something wrong with Florida right now in my opinion. Well see what happens as the year goes on. But They're 1-0. They're ranked in the top 10. At least there's one team now, there's two teams ahead of A&M that I know for a fact the aggies are better than. I don't know it, but I believe it. It's Florida and it's Texas .But they won't be there for very long, they look like a pretender and not a contender. And I've seen enough to already say that I don't think Georgia needs to worry about them too much. They're going to smack them around when they play them. You can ex them out. Though It's either South Carolina or Missouri as their primary competition in my opinion. They look that bad.

Gabe: (rambles on about nothing)

Looch: I think it shows you a lack of discipline. And PI sometimes is not a lack of discipline. It didn't look like a disciplined team. What Dan Mullen was doing late in that game play calling wise. I was laughing at twitter, someone said, Les Miles has taken over Florida. Just weird stuff. It doesn't seem like there is a good aire around that program. Like I said, I haven't looked at their schedule. I'm not really concerned. I just wanted to see them play. If Florida can rip off 5 games in  row. We've been down that road here. We've been down the road here 4 years in a row and look what that ultimately got you. We said that last year and then they beat LSU. Anyway I think...I'm glad they won though, because the odds say A&M wont' beat Clemson. The odds-makers, that will be a major upset if the Aggies pull that off in two weeks. And I think Texas-LSU is a tossup. Auburn-Oregon is a tossup. Especially when A&M's got the toughest task of anybody. A&M is the biggest underdog. So it would be the biggest upset. You have to win the ones. That was the one where the SEC was the big favorite. You've got to get that one. These games are important. I always say they're way more important than the bowl games. Everybody wants to make a deal about the bowl games at the end of the year. Oh the Big 12 went 3-1 against the SEC. Yeah Baylor beat Vandy and Ok State beat Missouri...and nobody cares. But this time of year in September. If Miami were to beat Florida and LSU went to Austin and lost and Auburn lost to Oregon. That's the narrative. And that's the narrative when playoff time comes around, and that really starts to chip away at the narrative next year when A&M could really be a player in this thing. You want them to go well A&M was out of the SEC and if a one loss A&M is getting in because they're in the SEC. You don't want them to go Oh they played Colorado and Fresno and Vandy and didn't really play anybody. You want the fact that, dude they went through the SEC west schedule and that's more than anyone else did. So this kind of stuff, as silly as it sounds, games like that matter. And they matter moving forward too. That's where I think the Big 12 idiots or the honks that they don't get. The one think I've noticed about those mouth-breathers, scum. They look at the SEC and they want to make fun of Aggies for rooting for the SEC. They don't get it because you want OU to win a big non-conference game if you're Texas. You want Ok State to actually do something. You want TCU to beat Ohio State last year and you want to root for them because It matters for you somewhere down the road. Once you become relevant enough when you're on the cut line for New Year's sixes, and you're on the cut line for the playoff, you want every team in your conference to win games. I would think that's obvious but there's some people about 90 miles from here that just don't get that. They let their desire to pretend like that they're happy where they are and don't envy where A&M's at.  They let their desire to keep up that charade and that facade because they're intelligent enough to know you want your conference teams to win games. And they're hypocrites because they're sitting there dying hoping Florida and the SEC would have lost on Saturday. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looch: Florida kind of cruised along, they won a game early that got  people's attention. It might have been Tennessee.

Gabe: They got smoke by Missouri

Looch:. Later in the year, it's not like they were that good. they got smoked by Missouri. Then in the bowl game. They play a name program in Michigan. They beat the crap out of them, a highly ranked Michigan. Beat the crap out of them. Filipe Franks plays great. He creates a false narrative about who he is. It's the exact same thing with Texas and Georgia and Sam Ehlinger. And Miami is not any good. Miami will lose what do you think? even in the ACC. They're a 4 loss team if not 5. 

LSU, dumbass. Florida beat LSU when they were ranked in the top 5 and before they had the rash of injuries that led to your 7 OT orgasm.

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

That's where I think the Big 12 idiots or the honks that they don't get. The one think I've noticed about those mouth-breathers, scum. They look at the SEC and they want to make fun of Aggies for rooting for the SEC. They don't get it because you want OU to win a big non-conference game if you're Texas. You want Ok State to actually do something. You want TCU to beat Ohio State last year and you want to root for them because It matters for you somewhere down the road. Once you become relevant enough when you're on the cut line for New Year's sixes, and you're on the cut line for the playoff, you want every team in your conference to win games. I would think that's obvious but there's some people about 90 miles from here that just don't get that. They let their desire to pretend like that they're happy where they are and don't envy where A&M's at.  They let their desire to keep up that charade and that facade because they're intelligent enough to know you want your conference teams to win games. And they're hypocrites because they're sitting there dying hoping Florida and the SEC would have lost on Saturday. 

On one hand, he kinda has a point. On the other, it only matters if you are a second tier team like A&M. If you are a blueblood like Texas, you almost certainly are going to get the benefit of the doubt. I promise you that if it is a one loss Texas vs. a one loss A&M vying for that last playoff bid, Texas is getting in no matter what the rest of the conference did and no matter what the rest of the schedule looks like.

• Like 4

"That's where I think the Big 12 idiots or the honks that they don't get. The one thing I've noticed about those mouth-breathers, scum. They look at the SEC and they want to make fun of Aggies for rooting for the SEC. They don't get it because you want OU to win a big non-conference game if you're Texas..."

Billy, we make fun of you because you're perennial losers who thump your sizzle chests based on what others have done.  Since you never will yourselves.  You're pitiful.  Do something, then talk.  Until then STFU and get your shine box, fat boy.

• Like 7

Just now, Scholz said:

"That's where I think the Big 12 idiots or the honks that they don't get. The one thing I've noticed about those mouth-breathers, scum. They look at the SEC and they want to make fun of Aggies for rooting for the SEC. They don't get it because you want OU to win a big non-conference game if you're Texas..."

Billy, we make fun of you because you're perennial losers who thump your sizzle chests based on what others have done.  Since you never will yourselves.  You're pitiful.  Do something, then talk.  Until then STFU and get your shine box, fat boy.

All their shit talking about the Big 12 being so weak might hold a little bit of water had aggy won the conference more than once, back in 1998 in a fluke.  TCU and WVU have had much better football programs this millennia than aggy, Nebraska, Missouri and Colorado.  So you don't get to say the defections made the conference weaker.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RabidM said:

It's not the basis of their identity.

Oh, but it is.  It completely is.  I get your point that it "shouldn't" form the basis of their identity as the face of the once powerful conference is starting to crack.

But not to the ags.  They are so wrapped up in this "we're the only Texas school in the SEC" nonsense that they can't see the forest for the trees.  

They can't see that the conference let them in to open the borders of Texas for recruiting - not that they wanted them in

They cab't see that the conference was able to re-negotiate the TV deal - not that A&M represented anything more than that.  A&M gave them all this, with the added bonus of not really threatening the established hierarchy on the conference.  They just added another Mississipppi school with deep pockets.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

All their shit talking about the Big 12 being so weak might hold a little bit of water had aggy won the conference more than once, back in 1998 in a fluke.  

To paraphrase a recent post by another poster (can't recall who at the moment), aggy talking shit about a conference the sheep-humpers won once in 16 seasons will never not be funny.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone refresh me in regards to what he retweeted? 

He retweeted an article calling out something racist that was about to happen on campus. The incident happened a couple of years ago, but someone tweeted out a link to the article several weeks ago. Of course, they blamed the BOMC, but they don't understand how much Jimbo enjoys watching other people train something he's married to.

Edited by HtownHorn