Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Sounds like Texas A&M is involved in some shady shit. Their boosters promoting this seems pretty unethical to me. 

Curious who would be interested in something like this.... Are those guys from Yahoo Sports still digging into college athletics? Perfect timing right before the kickoff of football season..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Curious who would be interested in something like this.... Are those guys from Yahoo Sports still digging into college athletics? Perfect timing right before the kickoff of football season..

Maybe I'm jaded, but this seems too innocuous with all of the worse shit that's been reported over the last several years.

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Maybe I'm jaded, but this seems too innocuous with all of the worse shit that's been reported over the last several years.

this would be a good story because it involves everyone.

shady star recruit who is for $ale

trainer who is doing the $elling

helicopter dad, who wants his kid to attach his train to star recruit, allows trainer to use dad's facilities to train recruits

mediocre son plays for a school whose aggy coach is trying to get shady star recruit onto his team

shady aggy recruiting "reporter" gives up any integrity and pimps the message the mediocre son as an awesome recruit

helicopter dad makes deal with shady trainer to allow trainer to use is land to train high school kids.  in return, shady trainer packages mediocre son and shady star recruit to prospective schools.  helicopter dad makes a deal with a shady head football coach who also happens to be an aggy to move shady star recruit to his home so the shady star recruit can play with mediocre son while shady trainer and shady football coach $ells and pushes shady star recruit to aggy.  and then a shady aggy reporter pushes the narrative.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

If it hasn’t already, that post needs to be shared on Reddit. Get the internet community talking first and then the network would pick it up.

40 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Sounds like Texas A&M is involved in some shady shit. Their boosters promoting this seems pretty unethical to me. 

30 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

26 minutes ago, South Austin said:

There is still an appetite for folks to dig into stuff like this, basically because there’s concrete proof and a scent trail. Aggies love turning the turret on entities and attempting to force them to capitulate to aggie demands. This is one where the idiots have exposed themselves and garnered our attention because they can’t shut the fuck up about ridiculous conspiracies. 

You could basically take Neonmoon’s post, add links and do any other simple digging that suits you, wrap it into a Word, PPT or PDF and ship it to the Robinson guy at Yahoo that did the Lyles story. I don’t know if he’s still there but this is the kind of shit he digs. The NCAA has an electronic inbox for delivering things like this. It’s also not hard to send in to the UT, UH, Tech, LSU, Arky, SMU, OU and OSU athletic programs without comment. Strong odds if you do all that, which would probably take a couple of hours if a few of you crowdsourced it, it’s not crazy to think a story or case comes in from somewhere. This one is as corrupt as a $3 bill. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayouBill said:

Also, Courtney Flanigan (Coach Flanigan's Daughter) works in the aggy football department.

Needs to be added to Neonmoons post imo.  Wonder what she’s making over there, as a 22 yo (fresh graduate at best?).   Wonder if anyone of it goes to dad for his troubles...

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is still an appetite for folks to dig into stuff like this, basically because there’s concrete proof and a scent trail. Aggies love turning the turret on entities and attempting to force them to capitulate to aggie demands. This is one where the idiots have exposed themselves and garnered our attention because they can’t shut the fuck up about ridiculous conspiracies. 

You could basically take Neonmoon’s post, add links and do any other simple digging that suits you, wrap it into a Word, PPT or PDF and ship it to the Robinson guy at Yahoo that did the Lyles story. I don’t know if he’s still there but this is the kind of shit he digs. The NCAA has an electronic inbox for delivering things like this. It’s also not hard to send in to the UT, UH, Tech, LSU, Arky, SMU, OU and OSU athletic programs without comment. Strong odds if you do all that, which would probably take a couple of hours if a few of you crowdsourced it, it’s not crazy to think a story or case comes in from somewhere. This one is as corrupt as a $3 bill. 

@Neonmoon, do you want to take point? Or maybe this is the crowning moment for @Scholz's intra-familial jihad?

Or, and this frightens me, do we bring RD into this?

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Just now, Tired of Lurking said:

Tomball isnt even a good school, right?

When I went to Klein HS ~ 10-15 years ago, it was your typical average Houston suburb school, but with a redneck/rural flavor. A lot of the schools have changed since though. 

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

@Neonmoon, do you want to take point? Or maybe this is the crowning moment for @Scholz's intra-familial jihad?

Or, and this frightens me, do we bring RD into this?

I just like researching shit. 

I will leave the shennigans up to others like 

@Scholz or @Longhornfrenzy or @Randolph Duke 

• Like 2

Oh boy, Surly I love you. This is the big story y’all are gonna break for 2019, kudos you glorious bastards. It’s not as entertaining as dfigs but should have much bigger consequences.

I can’t believe Jimbob might get publicly embarrassed because of a high school (that isn’t even a powerhouse) in aggy backyard.

Lol at the Dunn family.

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Oh boy, Surly I love you. This is the big story y’all are gonna break for 2019, kudos you glorious bastards. It’s not as entertaining as dfigs but should have much bigger consequences.

I can’t believe Jimbob might get publicly embarrassed because of a high school (that isn’t even a powerhouse) in aggy backyard.

Lol at the Dunn family.

I mean, Mr. Dunn's a Longhorn, right?

Even if his big recruiting grift for his kid blows up, at least it fell apart in a way that fucks over aggy.

It's already starting.  Is Demas going to be the fish that pulls Jimbo into the water?  Seems like this story has legs.  As more smoke starts coming out, I can see this kid wanting to distance himself more and more from what will be increasing pressure.  

Any takers that King's decision to choose the ags was in no small part because of such a great receiver in the same class?  This has the makings of a monumental train wreck that I'm going to mainline all season!

Head-First-Dive.gif

• Like 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Any takers that King's decision to choose the ags was in no small part because of such a great receiver in the same class? 

Best available offer for King.  But I have no doubts that he'll be happy to reopen his recruitment if any of the bluebloods come calling for him.

Not to derail from the hilarious Demas/UIL/Meemaw shitshow but there is some hilarity as aggy is starting to realize that the all guard OL theory might be really shitty and that injury issues might put them in an even cubier hole. Human cube updates from aggy247 :: 

According to a poster on TA, McCollum is dealing with a medical issue and may not be able to play until around midseason.

I think the imbalance on the OL numbers is the larger problem. The pipeline for G and C looks fine (could be wrong, but at least the volume is there). But who are we going to have at OT next year and the year after? What if a guy goes down this year?

Yeah and amazingly we are recruiting only one OT this class, pretty dumb. This may be Fishers first wtf moment in recruiting, I mean his OL at Florida State sucked ass, so it is a concern

And the one we’re recruiting is 6’3, while the one we recruited last year is playing guard. We’ve had a serious problem getting anything at all out of our prototype tackle recruits and that has to change under Henson. *Don’t reply with people who were drafted years ago*

Smart isn't SEC caliber, he moves slow af. He might be a decent OT in the Big 12 or smaller conferences but does nothing for us at that position. Bankhead moves better than he does. We should get him to take visits and get a legit OT in his place, like Crawford or Harrison, hell Omari Thomas would be a great get at OT

then Tarp takes the top off, unwittingly  :: 

Fisher's decline at FSU can be traced directly to the falloff in the OL. Most of the blame fell on Rick Trickett but it's interesting that beyond the guys that played last year that were recruited by Jim Turner that A&M has suddenly developed a lot of issues.

I'm not saying that there's a correlation but it is interesting nonetheless.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Smart isn't SEC caliber, he moves slow af. He might be a decent OT in the Big 12 or smaller conferences but does nothing for us at that position.

Yes, because the Big 12 is full of slow plodding tackles who can't pass protect. But wait, I thought we were a soft pass happy league. I'm so confused.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

cube life continued :: 

Tarp :: 

Anderson, Blanton, and Trainor have missed chunks of time this fall.

Blanton didn't play last year.

Anderson hasn't played much during his career and probably isn't a long term solution.

Reed is a guard.

Diesch...we really don't know how good is he.

It would really be disconcerting if Moore or Green weren't juniors.

never fear  - it's all Sumlin's fault :: 

Not sure you can blame Jimbo for the current OL woes.

He redshirted every kid he signed in the 18 class.

He signed 3 OL last year, including the #1 OL in the country who will start while the other 2 redshirt.

We're now about to sign Ogunbiyi, Morris, Hayes, Chibuzo and Bankhead, who will all get to redshirt.

And then 2021 looks like it will be the closest thing we will sign to 2010.

Sumlin was dogshit at OL recruiting.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2