Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

i Guess they'll ignore this inconvenient fact:

Dr. Susan Elza Named UIL Director of Athletics

She was also a head softball coach in Garland and Allen. Elza holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise and Sports Science from Southwest Texas State, a Masters of Education Administration from Texas A&M Commerce and a Doctorate of Educational Leadership from Lamar University.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I was somewhat happy the aggy dude got denied but this comment by the Chairman rubs me the wrong way. Calling a black peson "articulate" is quite the backhanded compliment and betrays Motheral's expectation that the young man would be just the opposite. 

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I was somewhat happy the aggy dude got denied but this comment by the Chairman rubs me the wrong way. Calling a black peson "articulate" is quite the backhanded compliment and betrays Motheral's expectation that the young man would be just the opposite. 

Bullshit. It is probably a platitude that he closes with at every hearing. 

What Matt Step said above is correct. If the UIL rules were subjectively enforced they would be overturned by a court in a heartbeat. The narrative pushed by Brauninger that Demas is being penalized for being aggy or a 5 star recruit is pure aggy ignorance. 

UIL State Executive Committee Bachelor's Degree alma maters:

Mike Motheral, Sundown, Chair - Texas Tech University
James Colbert, Jr., Harris County - University of Texas
Curtis Culwell, Garland - Sam Houston State University
Johanna Denson, Austin, Vice Chair - University of Texas at Tyler
Darrian Dover, Meadow ISD - Couldn't find alma mater, but both his wife and his son graduated from Tarleton State so we'll go with that
Jodi Duron, Elgin - Baylor University
Paul Galvan, Fort Worth - East Texas State University (now Texas A&M-Commerce)
Gary Martel, Moody - Lamar University
Robin Perez, Nederland - Lamar University
Marshall Scott III, Bay City - Northwood University
Kim Tunnell, Mineola - Eastern Washington University
Daryl Wade, Houston - Prairie View A&M University

The vote was unanimous at 6-0. I don't know which ones voted, but I know there aren't 6 Longhorn graduates on that list.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Are you serious? When I was a kid I was called articulate on several occasions and never thought it was anything other than a compliment. But to compliment a black kid in the same manner is racist? Get the fuck out of here. Not sure if you’ve noticed, but being articulate is even less prevalent than it was in teenagers just a decade ago, regardless of race. Stop reaching. 

Congrats on being called articulate. Did you get a trophy? Perhaps you should research the issue yourself and then come back to talk to me once you've become educated instead of reactionary. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are you serious? When I was a kid I was called articulate on several occasions and never thought it was anything other than a compliment. But to compliment a black kid in the same manner is racist? Get the fuck out of here. Not sure if you’ve noticed, but being articulate is even less prevalent than it was in teenagers just a decade ago, regardless of race. Stop reaching. 

I think in this instance you're absolutely correct. But it's a fact that "articulate" has often been used as coded language to mean "you don't talk like most black folks" in the past as a backhanded compliment. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This last line kills me -- yes, it's shocking that ACC media hasn't banded together in a coordinated plan to attack Texas.  WTF???

I like the rest of the sentence better. Because when people talk about automatic wins for the top teams in the SEC, they include Aggie as one of them

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Congrats on being called articulate. Did you get a trophy? Perhaps you should research the issue yourself and then come back to talk to me once you've become educated instead of reactionary. 

You are soooooo woke.  If someone does enough research on the issue, can they hope to be as woke as you?

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Probably in the minority, but think I'm on Demas's side here. Seems like he's trying to get out of a bad situation, can't really blame him for that. 

Again, He didn't move out of Houston for football reasons, but he definitely moved to Tomball for football reasons.

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I wouldn't say it's racist, but @irishtexan ain't wrong either.

15 minutes ago, Chopper said:

No. I felt like a got a compliment.

I see the irony is lost on you that while accusing me of being reactionary, you read someone's twitter account of a situation without audio, tone, or facial expression of the person speaking, and pulled out your jump to conclusion mat and landed squarely on "Racist." Maybe the person speaking is just and old person looking to compliment one of today's youth on being well spoken. 

I'm willing to admit to being ignorant that apparently calling a kid articulate didn't register to me as some kind of racism trigger, which apparently it is, but for fuck's sake, it might have just been what it was: a compliment. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You are soooooo woke.  If someone does enough research on the issue, can they hope to be as woke as you?

I don't claim to be woke. But it is very aggy to respond in a condescending, reactionary manner with an argument based on one's limited personal experience to try to counter a very well-documented issue. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Did Brauninger also cover the 7 other kids not named Demas?

From today's meeting agenda:

EVIDENTIARY HEARINGS AND OPEN MEETINGS (AA-HH) At this point on the agenda, the Committee will conduct evidentiary hearings, pursuant to Subchapter H of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules on the matters listed below. Individuals who are offering evidence for consideration by the Committee are asked to make their presentations as brief as possible.

9:00 am AA. Round Rock Cedar Ridge High School: Appeal of District 13-6A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes

9:45 am BB. Manor High School: Appeal of District 11-5A Division I Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes

10:30 am CC. Bay City High School: Appeal of District 13-4A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes

11:15 am DD. Tomball High School: Appeal of District 20-5A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes

12:00 pm Lunch

12:30 pm EE. Spring Westfield High School High School: Appeal of District 16-6A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes

1:15 pm FF. Midland High School: Appeal of District 2-6A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes

2:00 pm GG. Midland High School: Appeal of District 2-6A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes

2:45 pm HH. Tyler High School: Appeal of District 7-5A Division I Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes

I'd be interested in hearing his thoughts on the recruitment on the other 7

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I see the irony is lost on you that while accusing me of being reactionary, you read someone's twitter account of a situation without audio, tone, or facial expression of the person speaking, and pulled out your jump to conclusion mat and landed squarely on "Racist." Maybe the person speaking is just and old person looking to compliment one of today's youth on being well spoken. 

Now go back to what I wrote and show me where I called anyone racist. I'll wait. Jeeezus. Perhaps you need to slow down and think before posting. 

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

And for the record I didn't say anyone was racist. I'm saying the Chairman should be more careful with his words.

Fair enough. Clearly there are people like me in this world to which it never crossed my mind to think it was a racial trigger. Just what olds said to youngs in my day. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Well Motheral likely saw the hat he wears & knows that this kid has a trainer who cashed in by delivering him to aggie. 

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Again, He didn't move out of Houston for football reasons, but he definitely moved to Tomball for football reasons.

I agree with this take, and it's why I don't think he should've been denied. If the kid has a legit reason to leave a school, where they ultimately go shouldn't matter unless there's evidence that he was paid or something. If he (a) had a justifiable reason to leave, and (b) chose Tomball on his own accord - even if it was 100% because they have a good football program - there shouldn't be a restriction. But maybe I missed the part where they're claiming something shady?

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Now go back to what I wrote and show me where I called anyone racist. I'll wait. Jeeezus. Perhaps you need to slow down and think before posting. 

Oh, my mistake. Clearly there was nothing racially related or invoking racism at all intended when you made the following statement:

36 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yes, I'm not sure where I got the "racist" thought in my head at all. Clearly you didn't imply anything of the sort.

I've said my piece on this, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on. I apologize for not seeing color. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Dunno. He cited safety concerns, and the reporters indicate that the details of his "home situation" were redacted.

Apparently his neighborhood was violent as hell. He got jumped getting on the school bus and there were almost 250 violent crimes a 1 sq mile area around his house.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Hanrahan said:

Can you please shut the fuck up and take this nonsense to another board or website?

The discussion was over 10 minutes ago and I had stopped defending my previous comment. Sorry you hadn't noticed you comprehension-challenged dimwit. If you'd have kept your fat ass shut instead of trying to flex, it would still be over.

• Like 1