Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Saw this scrimmage note on SECRant. This does not seem like a good thing based on aggys secondary being average at best. 

-The biggest news to come out of the weekend might have to do with the secondary having a big night in the scrimmage. Aggie DBs picked off as many as five passes, as the backup QBs saw a ton of work with Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey. The secondary also picked off starter Kellen Mond early in practice, so they were getting it done against the best the Aggie offense had to offer, as well. Debione Renfro nabbed what would have been a pick six. After a great spring, Renfro is an experienced and, now, very confident veteran willing to take chances and play aggressively in coverage. He's been much better about finding the football, as well. As far as second- and third-team action went, veteran DBs Travon Fuller and Larry Pryor (the senior is back after missing some practice time) each picked off a pass, as well. 

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Saw this scrimmage note on SECRant. This does not seem like a good thing based on aggys secondary being average at best. 

-The biggest news to come out of the weekend might have to do with the secondary having a big night in the scrimmage. Aggie DBs picked off as many as five passes, as the backup QBs saw a ton of work with Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey. The secondary also picked off starter Kellen Mond early in practice, so they were getting it done against the best the Aggie offense had to offer, as well. Debione Renfro nabbed what would have been a pick six. After a great spring, Renfro is an experienced and, now, very confident veteran willing to take chances and play aggressively in coverage. He's been much better about finding the football, as well. As far as second- and third-team action went, veteran DBs Travon Fuller and Larry Pryor (the senior is back after missing some practice time) each picked off a pass, as well. 

SHOW ME A LOSS!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Caddox said:

I work for the UIL and we were going to give Demas the waiver but Red McCombs showed up at the last minute and paid us off. As he was leaving, he turned around and said “This will show those aggy sons of bitches who run the state.”

Unbelievable.

7 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Now that the meeting is over, what's with that shiny new F-250 at Hyde Park Baptist?

I TOLD YA'LL

37 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I don’t. He shits on Texas at every opportunity. 

Fuck that guy. He and Garrett Wilson can both go waste away in their respective shitholes. 

Unless he has recently resigned, Tomball's head football coach since 2017 is Kevin Flanigan, a red ass aggy from Lumberton in East Texas.   He coached Steve McKinney and is big buddies with the McKinney aggys.  Yes, that transfer was all on the up and up for sure.  

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The thing that gets me here, is why does it fucking matter if Demas plays his senior year or not to aggy? Demas isn't going to get injured now, he could conceivably concentrate solely on academics and graduate early. There is no chance he gets a star taken away because let' be honest, these 995 mother fuckers aren't watching game film anyway.

Who really gives a fuck, Tomball wasn't going to make state with or without Demas.

I'd be happy if he was committed to Texas and he was denied. Sure, it sucks not playing your senior year on a personal level. However, this year could be treated like a redshirt year where he can work out like an animal knowing he doesn't have to taper for games. If he studies and trains hard, he could be even more physically prepared for the next level than he would if he plays, and he'd be healthy. He may have some rust from not seeing the field for a year, but he can do more to further develop his body without risking tearing up a knee or getting concussed.

And the kid's not going to lose a star.

Edited by derp
Srsly. Not losing a star.
  • Like 2

new shit has come to light...talked about meeting with Flanagan but when asked if they met with any of the principals at Tomball...uhmm...no.

Also if move was only for safety and academics, why did the two younger siblings not move as well...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/highschool/article/State-s-top-receiver-ruled-ineligible-14364813.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Terrell (North Forest coach)put some blame on area trainer Rischad Whitfield, known as the Footwork King. Whitfield trains athletes at all levels, including the NFL, and is a popular choice for Houston-area players looking for training outside the high school realm.

Terrell said Demas’ association with Whitfield was a jumping point for the transfer because Tomball quarterback Hunter Dunn and Demas trained together with Whitfield.

Terrell also said he was notified by coaches at LSU, Mississippi and Oklahoma State that Whitfield was “shopping” Demas and Dunn as a “package” to prospective schools. Demas committed to A&M last September while at North Forest. Dunn has not picked a school.

However, when state executive committee board member Marshall Scott asked Demas’ grandfather if he had visited with the principal at Tomball, he said he did not. Demas had two younger siblings who did not make the move to Tomball and remained with family in the North Forest district.

Demas’ family said they also considered moving to C.E. King or North Shore but ultimately decided Tomball was the safest and most stable environment for him.

The state committee also asked about reports of Demas staying with Dunn and his family. Demas said he only spent a few nights at the Dunn household as other members of the team often did.

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

WHy the fuck does aggy care, really? So he can't play his senior year...he can still graduate and enroll at aggy, with less miles on his tread, so why the fuck are they so worked up. He isn't gonna lose his star rating, or get worse at football by missing 8 games of high school. What a bunch of pussies. 

imgur
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It's the University Interscholastic League! The bias is right there in the name! I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?  

spacer.png

It's THE University Interscholastic League!  Well, no wonder they're pissed.

• Like 1

Terrell also said he was notified by coaches at LSU, Mississippi and Oklahoma State that Whitfield was “shopping” Demas and Dunn as a “package” to prospective schools. Demas committed to A&M last September while at North Forest. Dunn has not picked a school.

I think we have a definitive reason of rejection. C’mon bizzle even you have to admit this is sleazy. 

4 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

I think we have a definitive reason of rejection. C’mon bizzle even you have to admit this is sleazy. 

I will not stand here and let your besmirch the good name of The Footwork King. Good Day Sir!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

That spotty Vancouver internet only works when there is good news on their front.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Apparently his neighborhood was violent as hell. He got jumped getting on the school bus and there were almost 250 violent crimes a 1 sq mile area around his house.

Thoughts and prayers to the remaining North Forest football team.  Hopefully 2 or 3 of them get through the school year alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a pretty bad look when the presented reason for the move is a dangerous neighborhood rife with violence but your two younger siblings stay there when you move out.

Almost like maybe the fact the two younger siblings don't play high school football might have something to do with it.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Shocked. Shocked I say. 

And this isn’t some message board bullshit - this is from a coaching staff that FWK was trying to sell to. 

This transfer was all about getting Hunter Dunn some real offers and Demas full time training with FWK. 

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.32.htm#32.441

So Terrell stated on the record at a UIL State Executive Committee meeting that he had information from college coaches that FWK was committing a crime?

I doubt the language of "shopping them as a package" would be used if he had been told that Whitfield was doing it out of the kindness of his heart with zero attached compensation.

Edited by Huckleberry

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.32.htm#32.441

So Terrell stated on the record at a UIL State Executive Committee meeting that he had information from college coaches that FWK was committing a crime?

I doubt the language of "shopping them as a package" would be used if he had been told that Whitfield was doing it out of the kindness of his heart with zero attached compensation.

I can’t imagine there was any money received by Whitfield from the Dunns, nor any agreement that Whitfield would package the players in return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Shocked. Shocked I say. 

And this isn’t some message board bullshit - this is from a coaching staff that FWK was trying to sell to. 

This transfer was all about getting Hunter Dunn some real offers and Demas full time training with FWK. 

He was just looking for a better set of ovaries to be thrown out on the table. Can't say I blame him.

• Like 1

If he goes in as an early enrollee, and spends his time on conditioning, I would think aggy would prefer that. He’d not be exposed to injury, come in great shape and less mileage, and if an EE, have plenty of time to get tuned up. Don’t see the reason for aggy distress on this issue. Seem like a reason to start another jizzjar instead of ranting. But, aggy is gonna aggy.

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Will aggy still take him if he's not? Isn't that a prerequisite for getting that sought after diploma?

Will/can aggy take him if he flunks out his senior year?  Being ineligible his senior year, I doubt he'll be given any special consideration in the classroom.  Of course I don't know his background, he may be a Rhodes Scholar in the making.

• Haha 1