Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I don't even know why the Aggys are mad. Demas now has all the time in the world to work on schoolwork and guaranteed won't get injured his senior year. That's better for them. 

aggys are mad because they invest their entire identity in an institution that can’t handle even the slightest modicum of success and hasn’t won anything of meaning in over 7 decades all while being in the shadow of one of the most successful and prestigious universities in the entire nation. 

What specific event they choose to direct their anger at from day to day usually defies all reason and logic, but the reason aggys are mad is entirely clear and understandable. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, randygilman said:

The percentage of student eligibility appeals denied by the UIL is greater than Texas A&M's program winning percentage. 

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/policy/SEC_ruling_stats.pdf

But the percentage of appeals denied is lower than their acceptance rate.  Advantage aggy.

• Like 1

We need a plan to get out from the iron thumb of the UIL guys. This isn't a conspiracy, this is important and very real shit.

"You get more conspiracy theories from MSM than from alternative sources these days" - that dude is 100% a QAnon dork

Spoiler

ECb31xIW4AE7zCk?format=png&name=360x360ECb32grX4AItOW-?format=jpg&name=360x360ECb33POW4AAT9xF?format=jpg&name=360x360ECb33zSXkAATOiw?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We need a plan to get out from the iron thumb of the UIL guys. This isn't a conspiracy, this is important and very real shit.

"You get more conspiracy theories from MSM than from alternative sources these days" - that dude is 100% a QAnon dork

Hide contents

ECb31xIW4AE7zCk?format=png&name=360x360ECb32grX4AItOW-?format=jpg&name=360x360ECb33POW4AAT9xF?format=jpg&name=360x360ECb33zSXkAATOiw?format=jpg&name=small

Apparently badace52 has no idea what Nepotism is or means, which leads me to conclude that he has no business experience.

• Like 1

If I didn't know aggies any better than I do, I wouldn't believe this shit. I try to explain things like this when aggie bullshit pops up somewhere and people laugh and assume I'm being ridiculous. Then, I tell them to go google it, or show a link or two, and they're always nonplussed by the absurdity. This one would take the cake, but for all of the other absurd dorky things they spew and do.

A couple of buddies got me going on the various aggie stories that people can't believe are real, such as the elephant walk, jizz jar, sabre-drawing type stuff, at a party a few years ago. Out of the blue, a guy from a conversation over yells out "what is this tu bullshit you're shouting about Texas A&M?!". Record basically scratches to a stop. My friends start laughing at me, as though I've been called on my bullshit.

I ask the dude if he went there, and he proceeds to admit that he went there and was in the corps. "Oh good, so then you can confirm everything I'm saying? Or are you going to deny it before I google it and show my friends." He pauses, ... "no, I mean it's all true, but that's our traditions and you should just stay the hell out of our business.' He turns back to his buddies, I say "You just got into my business, aggie."

My buddies were fucking stunned. They started looking all of the stories up and, sure enough, it's all true and then some. It's shocking to people who don't grow up in Texas and see/hear the stories. The Internet has helped a lot though.

• Like 4

I've heard it referenced a few times that the family Demas is staying with in Tomball is a burnt orange family. If so, conspiracy confirmed, duh. Those kind folks lured him into a false sense of security with the carrot of a safe living environment, peace of mind, and the chance to focus on school. When in reality the entire time it was part of their plan to crush his soul by stealing his senior year of football, but in no way jeopardizing his scholarship offers or his recruiting ranking. And we would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those damn sleuths over at Texags!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Everyone that comes to A&M must be punished" oh I think they've already done that to themselves...

Hide contents

ECbz-pqWkAARynB?format=jpg&name=900x900ECbz-38XUAAzlRb?format=jpg&name=smallECb0CFjWkAIlo_m?format=jpg&name=small

Of course it's our fault! Just look at how we used our influence to steal Demas' eligibility, made them hire Fran, got Johnny Manziel into drugs and alcohol, and prevented Reggie McNeal from taking his rightful place as national champion and Heisman winner (he's still better than VY, you stupid sips). The shadowy tendrils of the University of Texas are EVERYWHERE and have no decency.

If it wasn't big, bad Texas' fault, that would mean that their 80+ year long run of futility is solely on aggy. And we all know that can't be true.

I get the Demas ruling, but it seems like the elite schools rarely ever get hit with "athletic purpose" transfers.

I know a dozen kids who transferred to Aledo purely for athletic reasons.  Their parents openly post it on Facebook.  Duncanville gets every elite kid from south Dallas.  Allen gets more transfers than anyone.

Yet when that Azle QB transferred to Weatherford (terrible program) or Demas goes to Tomball (not elite), it gets flagged.  It seems counter-intuitive for coaches to vote this way.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

McElroy is pro SEC over everything. Even to the point of sounding like an idiot. Of course, he also claims that the reason he was so awful in 2009 was because he was hurt as well.

Someone made it on the air today to talk about how many B12 bowl game opponents were held under their scoring average. McElroy immediately moved the goalposts to NFL draft picks as the measure of how good defenses are.  Of course he never said most of those draft picks on concentrated in a few SEC teams nor that SEC has 40% more teams than the B12.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fair enough. Clearly there are people like me in this world to which it never crossed my mind to think it was a racial trigger. Just what olds said to youngs in my day. 

I will add that articulation was a major factor in this issue. I assume Demas spoke before the committee to make his case. Articulate or eloquent would be natural responses about any 17 year old who clearly made his case.

• Like 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Loochie minutes after this happening....

giphy.gif

Disagree. Loochie would be jizzing in his pants before he could even make it to his jar. The dude lives for the BOMC, it gives him  clicks and just further cements his user base into paying him a monthly sub. By the same token, it continues the echo chamber of his own rankings and drives those fucks further into not interacting with any outside forces, which again, keeps them exactly where he wants them. I've got to hand it to the guy, it's the closest thing I've ever seen to a bulletproof business plan or a recession proof business, except MAYBE booze. 

• Like 1

The thing that gets me here, is why does it fucking matter if Demas plays his senior year or not to aggy? Demas isn't going to get injured now, he could conceivably concentrate solely on academics and graduate early. There is no chance he gets a star taken away because let' be honest, these 995 mother fuckers aren't watching game film anyway.

Who really gives a fuck, Tomball wasn't going to make state with or without Demas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

The thing that gets me here, is why does it fucking matter if Demas plays his senior year or not to aggy? Demas isn't going to get injured now, he could conceivably concentrate solely on academics and graduate early. There is no chance he gets a star taken away because let' be honest, these 995 mother fuckers aren't watching game film anyway.

Who really gives a fuck, Tomball wasn't going to make state with or without Demas.

This whole thing is weird.  I get the reasons.  I wish the kid the best.  I can also see him slipping off the hook and landing elsewhere.  Which of course would tickle me to no end.  

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Disagree. Loochie would be jizzing in his pants before he could even make it to his jar. The dude lives for the BOMC, it gives him  clicks and just further cements his user base into paying him a monthly sub. By the same token, it continues the echo chamber of his own rankings and drives those fucks further into not interacting with any outside forces, which again, keeps them exactly where he wants them. I've got to hand it to the guy, it's the closest thing I've ever seen to a bulletproof business plan or a recession proof business, except MAYBE booze. 

I was under the assumption that he keeps the jar close by.

Why would tu have an interest in trying to halt the development of a Aggie recruit and punish a player for choosing us over them? He inevitably would have made a plethora of highlight reel catches in his lost senior season. You think the sips aren't interested in keeping the highest profile Aggie recruit off SportsCenter and trending on social media?

This was my favorite coming from the school that threw the biggest hissyfit in history when they thought that the LHN might air high school football games.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Hide contents

The aggies always claims that their made up shit is "well documented". Where is all this documentation? Is it kept in their hall of champions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fellside said:

I get the Demas ruling, but it seems like the elite schools rarely ever get hit with "athletic purpose" transfers.

I know a dozen kids who transferred to Aledo purely for athletic reasons.  Their parents openly post it on Facebook.  Duncanville gets every elite kid from south Dallas.  Allen gets more transfers than anyone.

Yet when that Azle QB transferred to Weatherford (terrible program) or Demas goes to Tomball (not elite), it gets flagged.  It seems counter-intuitive for coaches to vote this way.

I'm too far removed from the rules but I'm assuming if an entire family picks up and moves from, say, Weatherford to Aledo it's just a re-location situation and all's good. But in a situation like this, where Demas has apparently (going by Sydney's post) moved to Tomball district to live with a family he's not related to -- well that ain't super kosher.

Will be hysterical if he goes to IMG and some other program poaches him from aggy. That will be grand.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Congrats on being called articulate. Did you get a trophy? Perhaps you should research the issue yourself and then come back to talk to me once you've become educated instead of reactionary. 

Take this bullshit to another board, dumbass. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I agree with this take, and it's why I don't think he should've been denied. If the kid has a legit reason to leave a school, where they ultimately go shouldn't matter unless there's evidence that he was paid or something. If he (a) had a justifiable reason to leave, and (b) chose Tomball on his own accord - even if it was 100% because they have a good football program - there shouldn't be a restriction. But maybe I missed the part where they're claiming something shady?

I know a kid whose dad was serving in the Army in Germany his senior year, so he moved to live with his aunt (also in the Army) in Texas because he wanted to graduate HS in the States. UIL denied his eligibility, and he ended up only being able to play JV football.

Fortunately for him, some colleges are looking for diamonds in the rough and he got a scholarship to a D-1 school without playing varsity football. 

The process sucks, but it’s equal opportunity suckage. 

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

ECcLK0mXoAAaWmQ?format=jpg&name=smallECcLLj4WsAED2oO?format=jpg&name=smallECcLLvvWwAIxI9c?format=jpg&name=small

there's a shitload to unpack here, but I think my favorite is that the governing body for Texas high school sports officials has it in for Texas A&M and has been able to wield its influence at the college level to cost aggy multiple games. that is some tinfoil bodysuit shit there    

• Like 2