Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Probably in the minority, but think I'm on Demas's side here. Seems like he's trying to get out of a bad situation, can't really blame him for that. 

I am as well, although he was supposedly a pretty big shithead to his coaches on the way out, so I can see why they’d hold a grudge 

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

I'm on the side that the facts don't matter and that John Sharp and Tony Buzbee have already greased the right palms to make sure this goes the way they want it to.

What impact would it have if they denied his transfer for his senior season? Have not been paying much attention to this and the potential impact. 

Just now, TexasFan21 said:

What impact would it have if they denied his transfer for his senior season? Have not been paying much attention to this and the potential impact. 

He could go to IMG which would open up his recruitment to a bunch of folks that the aggies don't want involved. Or, if he sits out, he would one year less of conditioning and training.

11 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Probably in the minority, but think I'm on Demas's side here. Seems like he's trying to get out of a bad situation, can't really blame him for that. 

I think most here agree but simply want to see his waiver denied for the aggy tears.

24 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Sometimes that requires sacrifice.  It’s not like he’s going to lose ability or scholarship offers if he doesn’t play. He’ll just train with fwk and still enroll at aggy or maybe bama. 

Not exactly happy about this other than the fact that FWK's transparent charade was noticed (North Forest is 28 miles through Houston traffic - about 45 minutes - from Footwork King's place; Tomball proper is <10 miles and 12-15 minutes, the high school is a hair further).

IMG makes sense for him now as they'll probably cover everything simply for exposure and PR being the good guys in this situation. Then he can come back to Texas to attend A&M next year close to home. Win-win-win, imo.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not exactly happy about this other than the fact that FWK's transparent charade was noticed (North Forest is 28 miles through Houston traffic - about 45 minutes - from Footwork King's place; Tomball proper is <10 miles and 12-15 minutes, the high school is a hair further).

IMG makes sense for him now as they'll probably cover everything simply for exposure and PR being the good guys in this situation. Then he can come back to Texas to attend A&M next year close to home. Win-win-win, imo.

I was thinking IMG as well. Even if the kid doesn't play a down this year, it really shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He is a stud. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

IMG is not as attractive for certain kids since they were caught and now on the radar for test scores but aggie could have already taken care of that while down the street at Tomball.

On the one hand, I think high school and college players should have more freedom to go where they want and make decisions that are in their best interest, which improve their lives. 

On the other hand, the prospect of him going to IMG and further exposing his recruitment up to the nefarious recruiting tactics of aggy's SEC brothers is also very appealing. 

This is a moral conundrum, I tell ya what.  

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Doesn’t Demas still have to play school this year and now at Tomball rather than North Forest?  Seems like he got the wrong end of his gamble.  Wonder which Aggie bag hag told him this would work and convinced him to follow through??

Hunter Dunn is one of FWK's clients - and a move to Tomball is beneficial to both the Dunn's and FWK.   Dunn is looking for offers - and a big Senior season might have gotten him some phone calls.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sometimes that requires sacrifice.  It’s not like he’s going to lose ability or scholarship offers if he doesn’t play. He’ll just train with fwk and still enroll at aggy or maybe bama. 

Also, he'll avoid the possibility of a severe injury. 

I knew it was our fault. 

Spoiler

Jason Howell

12:18p 

Staff

Really hate this for Demas. As someone who sees transfers in major metro areas every year to programs big and small, this one is a punch to the stomach. Demas will be fine, but the system failed. As Ryan stated earlier, he's being penalized for being good at football, nevermind he's in a better place beyond the field. 

Ryan Brauninger

12:19p 

Staff

Absolutely absurd. It's criminal what has been done

Average Joe

12:09p 

AG

Absolute trash, but what do you expect from an organization ran by t-sips.

TwoTimeAg

AG

Always remember...the UIL is a branch of the University of Texas. And Texas is lone remaining state where this structure still exists.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

What do I expect? Proper verb conjugation, dumbass.

edit to add: Further, I'll say that transferring to a school to get out of a "bad situation" is fine. I don't know that I care much about such a student's loss of football eligibility. He does draw attention because he's a stellar, but that's why the eligibility rules were created in the first place. Schools were recruiting from other schools to improve their teams.

I can see eyebrows going up when Tomball gets such a difference-making person.

I trust the process in this case.

Edited by RomaVicta

I knew it was our fault. 

Spoiler

Jason Howell

12:18p 

Staff

Really hate this for Demas. As someone who sees transfers in major metro areas every year to programs big and small, this one is a punch to the stomach. Demas will be fine, but the system failed. As Ryan stated earlier, he's being penalized for being good at football, nevermind he's in a better place beyond the field. 

Ryan Brauninger

12:19p 

Staff

Absolutely absurd. It's criminal what has been done

Average Joe

AG

TwoTimeAg

AG

Always remember...the UIL is a branch of the University of Texas. And Texas is lone remaining state where this structure still exists.

Unbelievable. Have you ever seen a more paranoid group of rubes in your life?