Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

38 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No, actually, I can't. At least, not as long as Jimbo is the aggy coach. Maybe if they manage to catch lightning in a bottle a decade or so from now they might be competitive enough to get to one of those bowls, but with this roster? With this coaching staff?

Um... no. I have an easier time seeing Kentucky getting to that point, honestly.

The SEC bosses would rather send a 6-6 Vanderbilt to the cotton or sugar to get thrashed by 30 by Texas than see a 10-2 Aggy lose by a field goal.  

1 hour ago, squeegeedegg said:

That's what I thought too yeah... I recall the ministry tried to keep it really quiet too, makes me wonder how severe it is

No. He's out there. He's on the day 1 camp video I posted giving some of the worst half-ass effort you've ever seen. 

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

They just like believing and promoting lies. It permeates their entire existence.

They know that Herman thought Mullet was yelling at some Longhorns. Herman was mistaken, recognized it, and backed off.

The Missouri team had been dicks all week of that bowl game. Two player made a point of doing the Horns down before the game.Their QB did the pack on the shoulder routine when at last they scored as though now they were taking over. Herman did get a little carried away from the aspect that it was on TV, but among his players, he and the team were celebrating.

The Missouri QB said he thought is was cool.

Because the Aggies hate any coach that Texas has, they always assume everybody hates any coach Texas has. They feel obliged to feed that hate with lies. Same way they feed their own need to feel loved and important.

That’s a good summary psychology; projection and cognitive bias.  

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

42 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Don't they also include the ushers, consession workers, players/coaches/staff, opposing players/coaches/staff, media, people within earshot of the stadium, all dead and buried Collies, and resident bats?

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The Big 12 is pitiful outside OU?

2016 AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
11th Texas Bowl
Texas A&M Aggies Kansas State Wildcats
(8–4) (8–4)
SEC Big 12
28 33
Head coach: 
Kevin Sumlin
Head coach: 
Bill Snyder

They didn't want to be there,

They were too busy getting ready for clemson in the MNC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Man, they're working their keyboards today

EBjGPY1X4AAT2XH?format=png&name=small

That's all pretty funny to me, because I have been to plenty of Texas vs. A&M sporting events and every single confrontation I have ever seen was initiated by an aggy without provocation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That's all pretty funny to me, because I have been to plenty of Texas vs. A&M sporting events and every single confrontation I have ever seen was initiated by an aggy without provocation.

I mean the way he's writing it, it sounds like he'd start the fight bc UT fans are mean online and therefore deserve it.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No, actually, I can't. At least, not as long as Jimbo is the aggy coach. Maybe if they manage to catch lightning in a bottle a decade or so from now they might be competitive enough to get to one of those bowls, but with this roster? With this coaching staff?

Um... no. I have an easier time seeing Kentucky getting to that point, honestly.

This. They are not going to a bowl of that caliber in the next 5 years.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I mean the way he's writing it, it sounds like he'd start the fight bc UT fans are mean online and therefore deserve it.

Pretty much the genesis of everything I have witnessed is that the "mean ol' t-sips deserved it!" From the guy shoveling horseshit on our band (unprovoked) to an aggy fan grabbing a Hellraiser's towel (unprovoked) and trying to start a fight as the Hellraisers were walking by aggy fans to get to their seats.

Edited by Tex Pete

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

EBjGOi2WsAAbNqK?format=jpg&name=360x360EBjGPY1X4AAT2XH?format=png&name=small

Fuck man...I know every fan base has their "fill in the blank" colored glasses on most of the time.  But these numbnuts are off the charts.

They are absolutely the national champions of homerism and no one is going to challenge them. Sooo, they got that going for them.  Smh...                                                                                   

6 minutes ago, sunset87 said:

Fuck man...I know every fan base has their "fill in the blank" colored glasses on most of the time.                                                                                  

Yep. They make Notre Dame fans seem downright humble. What really gets me, though, is their latest emphasis on how "unlikable" Tom Herman is. Pay attention to the language they use regarding Herman personally, and see if it doesn't fit their complaints about Texas generally (fans, players, admin, alums, etc.) -- they consider all of us arrogant, aloof, "holier than thou", etc. ad nauseum. "I don't understand why someone would want to go there," "How could so-and-so get suckered by..." etc.

The old adage is true: if everywhere you go, everyone you meet is an asshole, maybe it's because you are the asshole.

• Like 4

Looch, with a ‘finally settle this on the field’ comment was funny. It’s not like we have scoreboard, a winning record by a large, margin, and dominate them in every major men’s sport, have trophy rooms filled with trophies, and still have a better academic reputation across the board. If I recall, we have a winning record in their stadium as well.

32 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yep. They make Notre Dame fans seem downright humble. What really gets me, though, is their latest emphasis on how "unlikable" Tom Herman is. Pay attention to the language they use regarding Herman personally, and see if it doesn't fit their complaints about Texas generally (fans, players, admin, alums, etc.) -- they consider all of us arrogant, aloof, "holier than thou", etc. ad nauseum. "I don't understand why someone would want to go there," "How could so-and-so get suckered by..." etc.

The old adage is true: if everywhere you go, everyone you meet is an asshole, maybe it's because you are the asshole.

The truth is that A&M is by far the most arrogant fan base in sports. Since moving to the SEC, they continuously tell all they have more money than everyone, and they have the best fan base in all of sports. If that’s not arrogance, I don’t know what is.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Pretty much the genesis of everything I have witnessed is that the "mean ol' t-sips deserved it!" From the guy shoveling horseshit on our band (unprovoked) to an aggy fan grabbing a Hellraiser's towel (unprovoked) and trying to start a fight as the Hellraisers were walking by aggy fans to get to their seats.

Yeah but you forgot all the stories of drunk, belligerent tsips cursing pregnant aggy ladies and giving them the double bird, spilling their beers on poor aggy children who were in crutches from MS, and pushing aggy grandmas in their wheelchairs down flights of stairs at DKR. 

All of which came to a halt when a strapping, brave aggy dropped the tsips with one punch, knocking all of their tsipping teeth out in the process.  All of their tsip friends cowered away in fear of the brave young former student.  Whoop!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

To those numbnuts, someone being a Texas fan is a provocation in and of itself.  No other action is required.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

jfc

EBi--4MWkAE6snM?format=png&name=360x360EBi_AcqXkAUpa3e?format=png&name=360x360

3 hours ago, squeegeedegg said:

Why oh why couldn't they have taken someone like Dwight McGlothern when he was "top 10"... Would have been so so delicious 

It's been so long since he's been mentioned I thought he was a 2019.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, texaslong said:

The truth is that A&M is by far the most arrogant fan base in sports. Since moving to the SEC, they continuously tell all they have more money than everyone, and they have the best fan base in all of sports. If that’s not arrogance, I don’t know what is.

It’s only arrogance if it’s true. What theirs is, is delusional arrogance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

EBjGOi2WsAAbNqK?format=jpg&name=360x360EBjGPY1X4AAT2XH?format=png&name=small

I disagree. There would not be fist fights or pandemonium. Aggy would be too worn out from their SEC season to be interested. They wouldn't even show up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Don't they also include the ushers, consession workers, players/coaches/staff, opposing players/coaches/staff, media, people within earshot of the stadium, all dead and buried Collies, and resident bats?

No way should mighty Bevo equal out to the same headcount as some flea-bitten cur. Advantage Texas. 

Then again, no way does the average Texas fan approach the tonnage of the average aggy. Advantage A&M. 

33 minutes ago, derp said:

I disagree. There would not be fist fights or pandemonium. Aggy would be too worn out from their SEC season to be interested. They wouldn't even show up.

Forreal though there would probably need to be one cop in the middle of each row and one cop at each end. That shit is going to break into a brawl for sure.

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Why does this even matter? Saban is an asshole and unlikable.  Texas fans don't give a crap how likable Herman is if he wins. 

This was my thought.

"Durrrrrrrrr Jimbo is a great football mind and amazing gameday corch. He's losing 5-6 game / year but durrrrrrr he's at least likable so we are gonna keep him around!"

Strong was a likeable dude. I wanted him to succeed. But he didn't. So, likable coach or unlikable coach, wins matter.

What an idiot poster, but par for the course.

4 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Aggy 247 and TexAgs posters are all certified assholes.  The aggy fan who got bitch slapped by the Bama pom pom flip flop dude is an asshole.  John Sharp is an asshole.  The 2%ers are most likely good folks trying to get an education at the best school they could enroll.  The other 98% are assholes for sure.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Deej said:

In what world is Jimbo likeable, outside of aggy fan fiction? 

Spoiler

"Dear Penthouse,

I can not believe it happened to me! There I was, at glorious Kyle Field, Watchin' my Fightin' Texum Aggies beat the hell out of Our Lady of the Lake University, when my bowels let me know that it was time to drop the sheep off at the pool. Well I made a b line to the nearest comfort room, and boy was it a nice one! As I'm sittin' down, the stall next to me locks, and I hear a zipper. I gave a quick peek through the all size accommodatin'  honey hole, and, my hand to the SEC, it was Jimbo hisself! Now, I did what any good Ag would do, and gave a  courtesy knock before stickin' my tongue through, lettin' Coach know I was open for business..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1