Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

27 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

If an aggy can survive the neg bombs and still provide some value as a poster, the let him stick around. 

He did. He made 6 insightful posts and got banned for it. He was never given a chance to stick around.

26 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Fuck aggy

So aggy.

I think the tolerance for new posters who boldly insist on stupid things will prove quite limited. I don't think being aggy was necesarily his biggest mistake, though it certainly didn't help him.

I think he was talking about Milroe when he opined, 

Either I have a different definition of "elite athleticism" than you have, or I watched the wrong junior szn hudl tape then.  There was not a single play in that hudl tape that said 'elite athlete' to me.  He looks like he could develop into a reliable jag D1 tight end and contribute on special teams.   There's nothing wrong with that.   Programs need those types too.   

(emphasis added). For a newbie, that post almost begged for trouble. I agree that we did seem to hit him awfully hard based on what he posted, however.

15 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Considering he was here in the wake of an onslaught of trolls just last week, I was surprised his neg level didn't reach banning levels sooner earlier.

Timing was clearly an issue.  The troll fest was strike one.  The final takedown was right after the board got the news about Ingram and Stearns getting injured in the scrimmage.

The need for aggy to downplay ever recruiting success Texas has is hilarious and sad at the same time. Then you get this tiny bit of brevity and think they are turning the corner, only for Looch to cum along and fill up the jar again.

Going to be funny when they see Jones and Young at CB in a couple of years and wonder why they are still getting torched.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

The need for aggy to downplay ever recruiting success Texas has is hilarious and sad at the same time. Then you get this tiny bit of brevity and think they are turning the corner, only for Looch to cum along and fill up the jar again.

Based on context, I'm like 96.5% sure you don't know what this word means.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

VIP Intel: A&M's loaded defensive back class becoming more clear

Brian Perroni

Texas A&M has a pair of defensive backs committed in Cibolo Steele national top-100 cornerback Jaylon Jones and Fort Washington (Md.) National Christian Academy four-star cornerback Joshuah Moten. Now, the Aggies need to add a few more prospects to that list.

The good news is that the secondary class for 2020 is starting to become more clear and the Aggies should be happy with the results.

The closest one to making a commitment is Shadow Creek four-star safety Xavion Alford. He says he wants to announce before his team's first game on Aug. 31, but it could come even sooner than that. In fact, don't rule out something happening this week.

A four-team battle between A&M, Alabama, LSU and Texas is now a head-to-head with the Aggies and the Longhorns. A&M has been working behind the scenes really hard on this one and I fully expect him to choose the Aggies. He really likes what is going on in College Station and the future of the defense. Texas isThe definitely still after him hard, but the Aggies are poised to win this one.

The other main safety A&M is after is Antonio Johnson from East St. Louis, Ill. He made a somewhat surprising commitment to Tennessee while at camp early in the summer. However, the Aggies are very high on him and remained in contact. After he spent the weekend in town for the recruiting pool party/barbecue late last month, he decommitted from the Vols immediately upon returning home.

Johnson did not want to jump into another commitment incredibly quickly or else he could have potentially already been on the Aggie commitment list. However, he did not want to wait too long either. Though A&M would likely save a spot for him for a while, he knows spots in the class are at a premium and he is aware of Alford potentially committing to the Aggies. That could be the impetus for Johnson to jump on board as well, since there would only be the lone spot at safety left. The four-star is still talking to other schools but is expected to end up an Aggie and that could happen sooner rather than later.

A&M needs another cornerback as well and it looks more and more like it will be Kansas City (Mo.) Raytown national top-100 prospect Dontae Manning.

An early Oklahoma commit, Manning took an official visit to Aggieland in the middle of June, just before the dead period. He decommitted from the Sooners not too long after. Though he is still in communication with Oklahoma and in-state Missouri, among others, that Aggies are in good shape with him as well.

Manning has said he plans to wait until Signing Day in February to announce but I would be a little surprised if that happened. The spots are at a premium with A&M and, though he too would likely be a guy that had a spot saved for some time, he does not want to get left out either. Jimbo Fisher and Co. also want to build momentum in the class and stealing a national top-100 defensive back from out of state would definitely do that.

One player not on the list above is Aldine MacArthur four-star cornerback Joshua Eaton. He was scheduled to announce earlier this month and it was expected to be for the Aggies. However, he delayed things a bit. Whether the delay caused this or the other way around, there is not room for him anymore in the A&M class. Eaton is publicly down to A&M and Texas but he is expected to end up a Longhorn. He says he plans to announce in the near future.

So, A&M is looking at a likely defensive back class of Jones, Manning and Moten at corner with Alford and Johnson at safety. If the numbers work out, the Aggies could still potentially look the junior college route at corner as well and they will have their eyes on a lot of guys this fall to see how they do