A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

That statement holds true no matter who the GOP puts on the ticket. I'd rather it be Trump than someone like Desantis. Trump will absolutely drive high anti trump voters to the polls that may not vote if its someone else on the ticket. He is their Hillary in that regard. 

Yeah, but he'll also galvanize the folks that typically would never bother voting, as well. Personally I'd rather he just fade into oblivion. But that's just me. Hopefully he's been indicted and is on trial. And hopefully everyone whos appalled at the state of our democracy is motivated to get out and make changes. 

• Hook 'Em 4

33 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The fat motherfucker has never had a clean bill of health.

Check out the Cornyn quote in the article:

“President Trump did a lot of good. But he squandered a lot of his legacy after what happened after Nov. 3. And I think that’s a shame,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), who was the GOP whip for Trump’s first two years in office, told Burgess. “Running for president, you’re under a lot of scrutiny. And all I can say is there’s a lot to talk about.

ORLY John? Do tell. Like maybe you ought to...I don't know...stop stonewalling on the January 6th Commission? We could certainly spend some time talking about that. Shall we meet up after you've met with the mother of the late Officer Sicknick?

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

He does look like he’s lost weight.  Which, at his age with his frame is actually a bad thing.  Means he’s sick.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He does look like he’s lost weight.  Which, at his age with his frame is actually a bad thing.  Means he’s sick.  

Hard to say. Certainly could be an indicator. Or it's a bluff. After slow rolling an insurrection he wants to try a resurrection to cement the mythology.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, but he'll also galvanize the folks that typically would never bother voting, as well. Personally I'd rather he just fade into oblivion. But that's just me. Hopefully he's been indicted and is on trial. And hopefully everyone whos appalled at the state of our democracy is motivated to get out and make changes. 

To be clear, my preferred outcome is he dangles running for long enough to ruin the planning stages for anyone who actually runs... and then he goes to a lengthy trial, followed by a conviction and jail time. That way, whoever the GOP candidate is, Trump is the issue, while Trump himself is wearing plastic shoes and begging for laundry duty instead of making license plates.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

To be clear, my preferred outcome is he dangles running for long enough to ruin the planning stages for anyone who actually runs... and then he goes to a lengthy trial, followed by a conviction and jail time. That way, whoever the GOP candidate is, Trump is the issue, while Trump himself is wearing plastic shoes and begging for laundry duty instead of making license plates.

My vote is that he has several massive strokes that render him incapable of speech or movement, but continuing to fully understand and comprehend everything going on around him, and that he lives to 120. But, you know, to each his own. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

My vote is that he has several massive strokes that render him incapable of speech or movement, but continuing to fully understand and comprehend everything going on around him, and that he lives to 120. But, you know, to each his own. 

How are going to be able to notice the difference?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Add in explosive incontinence, flatulence, and projectile vomiting and I'm down for that.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Damn, that’s actually better than my wish that he dies from diarrhea.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

y98rgevrf22y.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&au

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

The fact that “clean bill of health” is his contingency for running again is a strange thing for him to actually say. 

For a guy like trump to say that and admit even a potential weakness in the distant future almost sounds like “I’ll run again unless I’m dead.”

19 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Hell, I'd love for him to run again. Nothing in the world could guarantee higher motivation for sane people to get out to vote than having that fat-assed barbarian on the ballot again.

so you are feeling confident there are enough sane people in this country to accomplish this?

To the Pain!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

Some of the disgust with him and his enablers will have worn off by 2024 for sure.  So I don't think we'll see as high a voter turnout against him in 2024.  Plus we may be in an economic malaise by that point.  

However, many millions of his followers will die between now and then (3.5 years from now).  And many millions of Americans will turn 18.  

In all honesty, I have no loyalty to Biden after 2022.  I'm fully supporting his role as Custodian-in-Chief right now. Trump pissed and shit all over the school and now Biden's gotta clean it up so I'm all in on Joe while he does this messy job.  But I seriously doubt I'd vote for Biden again in 2024; certainly won't bust my ass raising money for him again.  I'd likely return to the Libertarian Party...or even reward some sane wing of the Republican Party, if they even exist, for nominating a somewhat sensible candidate in lieu of Trump (really not holding my breath on that one).  

But do not count on the fervor of 2020 to be available to tap into in order to defeat Trump in 2024.  It'll take a whole other strategy. 

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Some of the disgust with him and his enablers will have worn off by 2024 for sure.  So I don't think we'll see as high a voter turnout against him in 2024.  Plus we may be in an economic malaise by that point.  

However, many millions of his followers will die between now and then (3.5 years from now).  And many millions of Americans will turn 18.  

In all honesty, I have no loyalty to Biden after 2022.  I'm fully supporting his role as Custodian-in-Chief right now. Trump pissed and shit all over the school and now Biden's gotta clean it up so I'm all in on Joe while he does this messy job.  But I seriously doubt I'd vote for Biden again in 2024; certainly won't bust my ass raising money for him again.  I'd likely return to the Libertarian Party...or even reward some sane wing of the Republican Party, if they even exist, for nominating a somewhat sensible candidate in lieu of Trump (really not holding my breath on that one).  

But do not count on the fervor of 2020 to be available to tap into in order to defeat Trump in 2024.  It'll take a whole other strategy. 

I know you said you aren't holding your breath, but to even vocalize this as a possibility shows a deep lack of understanding of where this country currently is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Hard to say. Certainly could be an indicator. Or it's a bluff. After slow rolling an insurrection he wants to try a resurrection to cement the mythology.

Obese elderly men rarely lose weight by design. Even when they want to their metabolism is so slow and their lean muscle mass diminished they need super strict caloric restriction which Trump could only stick to if you wired his jaws shut. 

Likely causes of his weight loss in no particular order

Cancer

Major depression

Increasing adderall intake

Progressive dementia 

Combination of two or more of the above  

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know you said you aren't holding your breath, but to even vocalize this as a possibility shows a deep lack of understanding of where this country currently is.

I don't anything on a keyboard.  If Trump is dead or under indictment, there's still a 10% chance the GOP nominates somebody sane.  And since Trump will likely be alive and only in ambiguous legal trouble, my whole scenario has a less than 1% chance of coming to fruition.  

He's saying he's going to run but he's not going to because the money he can make for the next 3.5 years commands than he says he will.  I don't blame it, it's the most elegant workout strategy in corporate America I've ever seen and I teach a class on finance workout strategies.  

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Obese elderly men rarely lose weight by design. Even when they want to their metabolism is so slow and their lean muscle mass diminished they need super strict caloric restriction which Trump could only stick to if you wired his jaws shut. 

Cancer

Major depression

Progressive dementia 

I’ll take increased adderall intake and progressive dementia.  

Since he’s such a raging narcissist I don’t think he’s mentally capable of suffering major depression and I don’t think they could hide cancer in this day and age. 

• Like 1

Every babe that weeps at his approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in his yellow, fat ears. That is what "to the pain means." It means I leave him in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Cancer

Major depression

Progressive dementia 

Flying The X Files GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Lobo said:

or even reward some sane wing of the Republican Party, if they even exist,

Ummmmm......

34 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This.

He has 84% support in the GQP.  And I think that's understated.  There is no "Republican Party" anymore.  Not a sane wing, not an insane wing, nothing.  It's gone, erased, completely replaced by the "Trump and whatever he says" party.  

We'll be able to discuss weaknesses of the Democratic party, and push for changes to it, in 5-10 years.  Until then, there is "the party of a fucking insane cult of personality that wants to overturn democracy and install a fascist autocracy" and "the opposition party."  Fight with and for the opposition.  And stick with it until the fight is done.  With an enemy like fascism, you don't stop fighting until the enemy is dead, and you've shot and burned the corpse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Every babe that weeps at his approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in his yellow, fat ears. That is what "to the pain means." It means I leave him in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

So.... I don't need my Holocaust Cloak any longer?

52 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But I seriously doubt I'd vote for Biden again in 2024; certainly won't bust my ass raising money for him again.  I'd likely return to the Libertarian Party...or even reward some sane wing of the Republican Party

This snap-back worries me. It’s over. The party you knew is GONE. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

image.jpeg.29c51c8e236f1a5fad295a5680323db1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nevermind the fact that whatever "sane" Republican that is an option would still be part of the former establishment that lead to the issues we see today, including Trump. There is no real ideology to govern in the Republican party in the past couple decades other than to consolidate power in a winner takes all ethos. 

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Cancer

Major depression

Progressive dementia 

right now, all of Trump's yes men are telling him he looks great.  as his body continues to deteriorate, all the sycophants will be telling Fox News and OAN and Newsmax that Trump cut out all of the bad food he was eating, and he's in the gym and losing weight so he can be in better shape to fight for 'Murica in 2024.  nobody works out harder than Trump.

his impending demise is going to come as a complete shock to those who solely get their news from the GQP echo chamber.

19 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

his impending demise is going to come as a complete shock to those who solely get their news from the GQP echo chamber.

I don't think it's particularly impending, but I do agree that his death will come as a shock in MAGA land, because they will have been fed a continuous diet of misinformation about how the Dear Leader is healthier than any human male has ever been, why, he recently wrestled a bear and a mountain lion at the same time in the fitness room at Mar-a-Lago -- the biggest, meanest bear and mountain lion you've ever seen, right out of central casting -- and he easily vanquished them both without suffering a scratch.  Dear Leader has dozens of years left to Make America Great Again.

Right up to the day he's wheeled out of there, deader than a doornail.

Anyone remember how the Soviets used to play things when their leader fell ill?  Andropov?  Chernenko?  At most, they had a "slight cold," and were at home resting....when they'd been dead for weeks?  Yep.  Just look at what any shitty dictatorship has done, and that's what Team MAGA will do.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't think it's particularly impending, but I do agree that his death will come as a shock in MAGA land, because they will have been fed a continuous diet of misinformation about how the Dear Leader is healthier than any human male has ever been, why, he recently wrestled a bear and a mountain lion at the same time in the fitness room at Mar-a-Lago -- the biggest, meanest bear and mountain lion you've ever seen, right out of central casting -- and he easily vanquished them both without suffering a scratch.  Dear Leader has dozens of years left to Make America Great Again.

Anyone remember how the Soviets used to play things when their leader fell ill?  Andropov?  Chernenko?  At most, they had a "slight cold," and were at home resting....when they'd been dead for weeks?  Yep.  Just look at what any shitty dictatorship has done, and that's what Team MAGA will do.

Sawbonz list makes sense, but that family is so messed up from years of psychological abuse, that who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Ivanka is smarter than her brother and is saying little on social media.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

I hope to god he runs in ‘24.  He’ll easily get the nomination and then get destroyed regardless of who the Dems offer up.

and if the Reps hold the house, get ready for a full on fascist takeover by the GOP.  No way they'll let dotart lose two times in a row.  No. Fucking. Way.

It will get really, really bloody. 

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

right now, all of Trump's yes men are telling him he looks great.  as his body continues to deteriorate, all the sycophants will be telling Fox News and OAN and Newsmax that Trump cut out all of the bad food he was eating, and he's in the gym and losing weight so he can be in better shape to fight for 'Murica in 2024.  nobody works out harder than Trump.

Oh it will be a shock alright...

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

...because for all the reasons mentioned by Brisket, it will be obvious to all of his followers that he was in fact poisoned or some other way murdered as part of a coup by the swamp and the communists to grab power and eliminate freedom. And then they'll become completely unreachable and violent. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

..because for all the reasons mentioned by Brisket, it will be obvious to all of his followers that he was in fact poisoned or some other way murdered as part of a coup by the swamp and the communists to grab power and eliminate freedom. And then they'll become completely unreachable and violent.

shit, i hadn't even thought of the potential conspiracy theories that will be floated and subsequently adopted by Cruz, MTG, Gym, etc.

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

shit, i hadn't even thought of the potential conspiracy theories that will be floated and subsequently adopted by Cruz, MTG, Gym, etc.

I mean, what else are they going to do? Say an old unhealthy motherfucker died, or are they going to say he was murdered and whip their base into a frenzy? To me, it seems obvoius what they'll do. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, what else are they going to do? Say an old unhealthy motherfucker died, or are they going to say he was murdered and whip their base into a frenzy? To me, it seems obvoius what they'll do. 

1000000000000% this.  There will be a sizeable part of the R base that will never believe he's dead.  10 years after his death they'll still be floating theories that he's actually still in charge and running things from behind the scenes.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I honestly considered that before I hit submit on my post. But I believe there's still a couple levels of lunacy we haven't even seen yet. 

Well, it's not like we've seen literal poo flinging from them yet, I suppose. But tourists carrying Molotov cocktails seems like some sort of event horizon when it comes to cray-cray.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummmmm......

This.

He has 84% support in the GQP.  And I think that's understated.  There is no "Republican Party" anymore.  Not a sane wing, not an insane wing, nothing.  It's gone, erased, completely replaced by the "Trump and whatever he says" party.  

We'll be able to discuss weaknesses of the Democratic party, and push for changes to it, in 5-10 years.  Until then, there is "the party of a fucking insane cult of personality that wants to overturn democracy and install a fascist autocracy" and "the opposition party."  Fight with and for the opposition.  And stick with it until the fight is done.  With an enemy like fascism, you don't stop fighting until the enemy is dead, and you've shot and burned the corpse.

Then pee on it.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And after his death:

trumpfuneral.png.97beb6b2064812f7d9dbef9a073d9663.png

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I hope to god he runs in ‘24.  He’ll easily get the nomination and then get destroyed regardless of who the Dems offer up.

I mean, this is how it should've gone the last two times, but he got a win and a fairly close loss.  Why would it be different in '24?  Because of four more years of Gen Z becoming old enough to vote then actually voting?  Again, how it should be...

I'm very afraid of Trump and his spawn in '24.  The party not in the White House just about always cleans up in the midterms, and if they do they'll have two years to gerrymander and continue brainstorming ways to suppress Dem voters.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, this is how it should've gone the last two times, but he got a win and a fairly close loss.  Why would it be different in '24?  Because of four more years of Gen Z becoming old enough to vote then actually voting?  Again, how it should be...

I'm very afraid of Trump and his spawn in '24.  The party not in the White House just about always cleans up in the midterms, and if they do they'll have two years to gerrymander and continue brainstorming ways to suppress Dem voters.

Loss wasn't that close, especially when compared to elections since 2000.  He lost an EC landslide and by 7 million votes.  In two elections, he's never gotten over 46%.  Legitimate worry about Republicans just not giving a fuck and openly ignoring the results.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement