A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Wait, what? Is that real? Why isn’t there a Biden post right now with a list of dates and locations? I’d treat it like a trial, have a screen with exhibits disproving each and every lie. Get some blow from Hunter if needed, better than a pack of diet cokes. Or just be prepared to mock him when he backs out like the complete bitch he is. The only possible explanation for that post is one of his own news sources must have finally showed that Biden is kicking his ass.

Edited by 'stache

Wait, what? Is that real? Why isn’t there a Biden post right now with a list of dates and locations? I’d treat it like a trial, have a screen with exhibits disproving each and every lie. Get some blow from Hunter if needed, better than a pack of diet cokes. Or just be prepared to mock him when he backs out like the complete bitch he is. The only possible explanation for that post is one of his own news sources must have finally showed that Biden is kicking his ass.
Are you new to this timeline. They could schedule a debate, cater to Trump's every demand and he would still flake out, blame Biden and lie about it. Trump can lie about anything, no matter how trivial. He's a relentless machine like Rosie in Point Break "its like a gift".
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Trump won’t talk about what good he’d do for ALL PEOPLE, basically it’d be the same BS he’s talked about forever. He’ll be unprepared for any serious discussion and will interrupt ever time Joe starts to speak. It’ll be a disaster. He’ll act like a jr high bully. I’ve been there and seen that way too many times to care to see it again. 

Joe, don’t do it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Trump will demand to have any debate on his terms. Biden should pre empt that and give Trump an ultimatum re format, locations and moderators 

Which is why the debates will never happen

Trump will never agree to debate like a normal human, and Biden should never agree to a debate where he just gets yelled over constantly 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Trump won't shut up.

They muted the candidates talking out of turn last time. I think that was one of the reasons Trump refuses to be subject to that nonpartisan group that typically schedules and runs them 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

They muted the candidates talking out of turn last time. I think that was one of the reasons Trump refuses to be subject to that nonpartisan group that typically schedules and runs them 

Every time he squawks about debates, the only reply from Team Biden should a reminder that the RNC (which Trump now controls) pulled out of the debates, years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 5

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tower-take-a-tour-of-the-saddest-building-in-nyc?ref=home

For the duration of his criminal trial, Donald J. Trump has moved back into the penthouse of Trump Tower at the corner of 5th Avenue and 56th Street. With the owner and former president back in residence, you might think they’d spruce up the abutting commercial and retail space. You’d be wrong. The Daily Beast dropped in earlier this week for a tour of the “crown jewel of The Trump Organization.”

FIFTH AVENUE ENTRANCE

Metal barriers take up half the sidewalk and serve two purposes: (1) to hold back crowds; and (2) to force people to cross the avenue if they want a selfie of themselves giving the finger to Trump Tower.

Spoiler
photograph of Trump Tower

Nell Scovell/The Daily Beast

At least four police officers patrol the residential entrance on 56th street, but security to enter the public space is lax. During Trump’s presidency, the building required a thorough bag check by armed officers. Now a small sign near the entrance reads, “All bags are subject to search by security personnel.”

THE LOBBY

The Trump Organization website brags, “One of the most notable features of Trump Tower is the breath-taking 60-foot waterfall embellishing the eastern wall of the building.”

Today, it’s notable that there’s no water in the waterfall. And a waterfall without water is just a wall. Here’s a shot from the second story looking down:

So much has changed in the past eight years since Trump called the tower “home.” Ivanka’s eponymous fine jewelry store is gone. And remember the Currency Exchange that served as the backdrop to the iconic moment that Melania and Trump stepped on the escalator?

CSPAN

That’s gone, too.

But let’s not pine for what is lost. Let’s see what’s there…

GROUND LEVEL

A quick glance from the escalator reveals a familiar figure sitting in the café area.

A closer examination clarifies that it’s just a Trump cosplayer taking a break.

Currently under construction, the Trump Café will “most likely open the second week of May,” said an elderly security guard. Then he wiggled his hand in a “give or take” gesture, suggesting not even he believes that will happen.

Trying to help, the guard pointed me to Trump Sweets which offers the full café menu.

At the counter stood a woman in a glittery silver ensemble. She seemed out of place in New York, where people tend to dress more like the woman to her left. Perhaps the Silver Lady slipped through a portal that connects Mar-a-Lago and Trump Tower… along with this guy in the purple jacket and sunglasses.

Around the corner from Trump Sweets is the Trump Tower gift shop, whose signage could use some updating. (Note: 2020 was not a great year for Trump.)

Inside the store is a jumble of Trump-related products.

I asked the clerk to name the store’s most popular gift item. He grabbed a deck of $15 Trump Presidential Playing cards. “We sold 7,000 decks,” he said.

Then he fanned a worn deck and recited his worn pitch: “Trump is the king. Melania and Ivanka are the queens. And most importantly, look who is the joker…”

In the more upscale golf shop, there were $5 Trump-embossed gold chocolate bars and a single copy of Don Jr’s book Triggered for sale. There’s no way to know if Don Jr. slipped the book in there himself.

SECOND FLOOR

Starbucks departed in spring 2022 and was recently replaced by “Nerolab Italian Food Zone.” The Rome-based chain’s tagline is “Nerolab, WHY NOT!” But a better tagline would be: “It’s better to be food-zoned than friend-zoned.” It’s right there. Why not!

OUTDOOR TERRACES

Both public terraces appear to be permanently closed to the public. The lack of public outdoor spaces may be in violation of a deal with the city which traded additional square footage for these gardens. In the smaller exterior space, what’s visible through the window looks sparse and untended. Maybe the RNC could pay for a few Trump gardeners along with all those lawyers.

The large glass doors which once opened up to a second, grander terrace are now mirrored over and locked. This is not the first time that shiny has replaced transparency in Trumpworld.

A FINAL NOTE

On Tuesday, Trump posted “It was my great honor to welcome former Japanese Prime Minister Tarō Asō—at Trump Tower this evening!” and attached this photo:

Photograph of Donald Trump

Trump Campaign

The backdrop of the marble and brass confers class to the image. Meanwhile, that same day, in another part of Trump Tower, even marble and brass couldn’t hide the trash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Trump won’t talk about what good he’d do for ALL PEOPLE, basically it’d be the same BS he’s talked about forever. He’ll be unprepared for any serious discussion and will interrupt ever time Joe starts to speak. It’ll be a disaster. He’ll act like a jr high bully. I’ve been there and seen that way too many times to care to see it again. 

Joe, don’t do it. 

Yep. We tried this once before. Once. How does most of this country not remember what happened?  We have goldfish brains. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Since Trump has agreed to “anywhere anytime”. Set it up in a federal prison.  Trump has to be dressed in prison clothes, in a cell, and hooked up to an electric chair.  If he speaks out of turn, he gets juiced.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Since Trump has agreed to “anywhere anytime”. Set it up in a federal prison.  Trump has to be dressed in prison clothes, in a cell, and hooked up to an electric chair.  If he speaks out of turn, he gets juiced.  

I like the way you think.gif

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Put Trump in a clear plexiglass soundproof booth. Only turn his mic on when it’s his turn to speak. Don’t even point the camera at him while his opponent is speaking. Cut his mic as soon as he veers off topic and starts spouting lies about a stolen election. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

Now how the fuck am I going to be able to exchange my Trump bucks? 

image.thumb.jpeg.3cd30b512b6bb6249b7812b74048817d.jpeg

Laugh all you want but there's a 90% that exact design will be used either as the ticket booth at the Trump Presidential Library or the gift shop where you can cash in your Trump Bucks for exciting merh. and souvenirs available only at the finest Chucky Cheese's and County Fairs.  

I happened to be in NYC soon after Trump Tower opened. He seemed like a prick, but we all thought he was a huge success story. I went into the building.

All the gold and marble screamed tacky.  I was rather surprised. It was the first real insight into his insane concern that everybody thinks him to be King Midas.

I also had the feeling that I didn't belong. They didn't want me to feel like I could casually stroll around. I was probably in jeans and an okay shirt and sneakers. Just a person.

Whatever chance there was that I might have a favorable opinion of him vanished in that short visit to his Pleasure Dome.

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I happened to be in NYC soon after Trump Tower opened. He seemed like a prick, but we all thought he was a huge success story. I went into the building.

All the gold and marble screamed tacky.  I was rather surprised. It was the first real insight into his insane concern that everybody thinks him to be King Midas.

I also had the feeling that I didn't belong. They didn't want me to feel like I could casually stroll around. I was probably in jeans and an okay shirt and sneakers. Just a person.

Whatever chance there was that I might have a favorable opinion of him vanished in that short visit to his Pleasure Dome.

My first thought about Trump Tower was the tiny floor plate.  This is NYC not Vancouver.  And yeah the lobby is overwrought.

32 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I’ve never had any desire to visit Trump Tower. (But I’ve been to the top of the World Trade Center. Glad I got to do that.)

My introduction to Trump was after he built TT and he was getting all this attention on TV, like it was huge news that this young real estate developer built a skyscraper in NYC and named it after himself. Big fucking deal, I thought, there are lots of skyscrapers in NYC. The people who built those don’t go around trumpeting their greatness. This guy seems like a douchebag. Then I used to see him on the cover of the National Enquirer a lot and that only made him seem more cheap and tacky. It wasn’t until later that I learned it was all part of a penchant more for promoting himself to the rubes rather than actually producing things and doing good work.

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve never had any desire to visit Trump Tower. (But I’ve been to the top of the World Trade Center. Glad I got to do that.)

My introduction to Trump was after he built TT and he was getting all this attention on TV, like it was huge news that this young real estate developer built a skyscraper in NYC and named it after himself. Big fucking deal, I thought, there are lots of skyscrapers in NYC. The people who built those don’t go around trumpeting their greatness. This guy seems like a douchebag. Then I used to see him on the cover of the National Enquirer a lot and that only made him seem more cheap and tacky. It wasn’t until later that I learned it was all part of a penchant more for promoting himself to the rubes rather than actually producing things and doing good work.

The funny thing is, people that are good at development don't stop at 1 building.  If you do well at it, there is no shortage of people wanting to work with you to then do 2 new ones after the fact, and so on and so on.  Yes developers go thru hot streaks and cold streaks, some will even be bankrupted and reconstituted, but nonetheless, they continue to work and bring forth new developments.  Funny how that never happened.  

• Drool 1

53 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The funny thing is, people that are good at development don't stop at 1 building.  If you do well at it, there is no shortage of people wanting to work with you to then do 2 new ones after the fact, and so on and so on.  Yes developers go thru hot streaks and cold streaks, some will even be bankrupted and reconstituted, but nonetheless, they continue to work and bring forth new developments.  Funny how that never happened.  

And I always sort of assumed the nature of the business was such that the people who needed to know who you were knew who you were, and going around promoting yourself to the public as if you were something special wouldn’t bring the kind of attention you really wanted. That’s probably mostly based on the fact that I never saw any other builders trying to impress my midwestern teenage self that they were some kind of business titan. 

• Hook 'Em 3

59 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I’m pretty sure if you don’t pay your subs word spreads quickly 

• Fuck You 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m pretty sure if you don’t pay your subs word spreads quickly 

I was under the impression Trump used mob controlled unions for labor back in the day. Or does my brain no worky?

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I was under the impression Trump used mob controlled unions for labor back in the day. Or does my brain no worky?

In fairness, when the building was built, 1983, in New York if you wanted concrete, you essentially wound up paying Paul Costellano head of the Gambino crime family at the time.  Funny true story, Costellano got a dick implant and bragged about prior to getting plugged at a Steakhouse by likely Sammy the Bull.  You can't make this shit up.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Good.  I hope that he keeps campaigning like that.

Thats by far his best strategy. Shutting the fuck up. He’s a loathsome person. The normals who pretend he’s same as Biden feel better about voting for lower taxes and being tough on crime and saving babies . Thats a small minority, probably 1-2% of undecided morons. Probably some DT Southpark Libertarians and other bothsiders.

On 4/27/2024 at 10:47 AM, Sawbonz said:

Trump will demand to have any debate on his terms. Biden should pre empt that and give Trump an ultimatum re format, locations and moderators 

And demand that Trump agree to put on a brand-new Depends before walking onstage because "it was all I could do to keep from retching at the last debate." 

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And I always sort of assumed the nature of the business was such that the people who needed to know who you were knew who you were, and going around promoting yourself to the public as if you were something special wouldn’t bring the kind of attention you really wanted. That’s probably mostly based on the fact that I never saw any other builders trying to impress my midwestern teenage self that they were some kind of business titan. 

He's our generations P.T. Barnum.  Freakish in every way.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Don't forget about the Yak woman of Tennessee, Marsha Blackburn.  You ever see her, Clark?  Ugly inside as sin but a helluva good cook though. 

The Paula Deen of the Senate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/27/2024 at 11:28 AM, Red Five said:

It's all risk, no reward for Biden. There is no "beating" Trump in a debate, in the conventional sense. 

He beat DOTard like a drum the last time they "debated". 

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

How sweet! He took Melania golfing for her birthday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

barnum walked around shitting his pants too ?

There's a circus elephant/GOP elephant/shoveling Trump's shit by his sycophants joke in here somewhere.  

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

It's almost like he's completely full of shit when he complains about not having time to spend with his family. While, you know, also running for President of the United States.

Jesse Waters: "He's still not golfing enough!!"

• Haha 1