Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

29 minutes ago, troph said:

I think we all recognized his journey to sobriety and what that means in terms of self-reflection and personal accountability could be a tremendous asset to this program. It's clear that has come true. His ceiling remains unknown at this point, but he's done a remarkable job in 3 years. NIL has helped, Saban's tutelage has helped, but his personal journey is easily at the top of the list in what has made this possible. I'm hopeful for a strong showing tomorrow and we fuck shit up the rest of the way.  nothing like a second chance, grateful, humble person redeeming themselves for the benefit of what we love.  fuck yeah man, keep going!

And it comes across as completely sincere. I could absolutely live with Texas kicking the stuffing out of people, Sarkisian directing and benefiting from it, and players/young men being developed via some of the stuff he’s learned the very damned hard way. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Going fast on our FG drive killed us. We left OU  with so much time that we didn’t have to leave them. Absolute coaching failure.

bullshit, you have no fucking clue what would have happened if we didn't go fast so just shut the fuck up and blame the defense because they lost this game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hookem48 said:

bullshit, you have no fucking clue what would have happened if we didn't go fast so just shut the fuck up and blame the defense because they lost this game.

Are you sure it wasn’t the shitty play calling on 1st and goal at the one? 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

😂 

that’s a fucking cop out. Texas Offense could have won the game by not going up temp, instead Sark left OU with way too much time.

Sark fucked this up badly. The goal line sequence was just idiocy mixed with stubbornness. He had a chance at redemption and went full turtle by handing it off on 3rd and 8. Throw the fucking ball and get the first down. The game would have been won. He didn’t play to win the game and it cost him.

This one is squarely on him in my mind, though PK sure as fuck didn’t help one bit.

• Hook 'Em 3

HaHaHaHa 😂😂😂😂

Kiffin’s son Knox, who is in 8th grade, wants to play quarterback at the college level. Though his father is the head coach at Ole Miss, Knox seems to be a big Texas fan. The teenager posed for a photo with Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian on Friday, and the two held up the “Hook ’em Horns” hand gesture. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/15/2023 at 6:28 PM, LTtxfan said:

HaHaHaHa 😂😂😂😂

Kiffin’s son Knox, who is in 8th grade, wants to play quarterback at the college level. Though his father is the head coach at Ole Miss, Knox seems to be a big Texas fan. The teenager posed for a photo with Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian on Friday, and the two held up the “Hook ’em Horns” hand gesture. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/6/2023 at 3:15 PM, troph said:

I think we all recognized his journey to sobriety and what that means in terms of self-reflection and personal accountability could be a tremendous asset to this program. It's clear that has come true. His ceiling remains unknown at this point, but he's done a remarkable job in 3 years. NIL has helped, Saban's tutelage has helped, but his personal journey is easily at the top of the list in what has made this possible. I'm hopeful for a strong showing tomorrow and we fuck shit up the rest of the way.  nothing like a second chance, grateful, humble person redeeming themselves for the benefit of what we love.  fuck yeah man, keep going!

Again, could not have put this better.  Had this hopeful equation in mind when he was announced.  

I played 5 years of schoolboy football, and have watched oh so many coaches.  I’ve seen near zero who don’t have some ofthat toxic ignorant bully jerk thing going.   I would never work for such a person.  Sark sure looks like an executive I would work for, or hire.

Now, PK, let’s not repeat the Donovan Smith experience this year. 

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

I played 5 years of schoolboy football, and have watched oh so many coaches.  I’ve seen near zero who don’t have some ofthat toxic ignorant bully jerk thing going.   I would never work for such a person.  Sark sure looks like an executive I would work for, or hire.

My coaches were apparently better on average. Only a few were like you say. Most were excellent role models and good coaches.

As for Sark, while his humility has its good points, I think it can also be a pitfall wherein he believes in giving second chances to those unworthy. Anyone remember Mike Stoops, for instance? There's a time for humility and a time for killer instinct. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and make fewer of them going forward.

Edited by sith_horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, sith_horn said:

My coaches were apparently better on average. Only a few were like you say. Most were excellent role models and good coaches.

As for Sark, while his humility has its good points, I think it can also be a pitfall wherein he believes in giving second chances to those unworthy. Anyone remember Mike Stoops, for instance? There's a time for humility and a time for killer instinct. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and make fewer of them going forward.

I don’t disagree.   But again, I don’t believe much in essences.   I just can never know what someone’s is?  But, Sark seems to learn ok, or try to.

My coaches were in the late 60’s.  That was the role model then.  Yet we have Herman, Meyer, Harbaugh, etc.   I think Sark is more into teaching than intimidating.

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

I don’t disagree.   But again, I don’t believe much in essences.   I just can never know what someone’s is?  But, Sark seems to learn ok, or try to.

My coaches were in the late 60’s.  That was the role model then.  Yet we have Herman, Meyer, Harbaugh, etc.   I think Sark is more into teaching than intimidating.

Never underestimate the efficacy of fear and intimidation as motivational tools.  😉

On 10/20/2023 at 11:41 AM, Tex Long said:

Sark thought Venables wouldn't steal his signals. He was wrong, starting with the second play of the game. Maybe he just wasn't aware Clemson opponents bitched about it for years.

Any truth to this or are you just whining? Because watching this UCF game I’m starting to wonder if we have Eight Win Esteban as coach. 

Sark thought Venables wouldn't steal his signals. He was wrong, starting with the second play of the game. Maybe he just wasn't aware Clemson opponents bitched about it for years.

So Oklahoma has a Michigan-level sign stealing operation that led them to be able to decipher Texas’s signals in real time on the second play of the game - and apparently so sophisticated that they know not only the play but what WR the ball is going to, because they left Worthy wide the hell open on the other slant - but I guess forgot them afterwards as Texas proceeded to rack up 500+ yards of offense despite three turnovers.

That’s more plausible to you than Ewers making a dumb throw on a play Texas has run in an opening script before?

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

So Oklahoma has a Michigan-level sign stealing operation that led them to be able to decipher Texas’s signals in real time on the second play of the game - and apparently so sophisticated that they know not only the play but what WR the ball is going to, because they left Worthy wide the hell open on the other slant - but I guess forgot them afterwards as Texas proceeded to rack up 500+ yards of offense despite three turnovers.

That’s more plausible to you than Ewers making a dumb throw on a play Texas has run in an opening script before?

Venables has been spoken of with regard to sign-stealing for a long time, from OU to Clemson and now back. He was visibly confident in the week leading up to the game. Whether he knew signs or was otherwise certain of the first pass being scripted, I have no idea, but I suspect pme pr the other, if not both.

Yes, we played through adversity and nearly won. I guess, similar to aggy, we just ran out of time - or, as it happened, we didn't run out of time soon enough.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:24 AM, LTtxfan said:

Needs more highlights from his game vs aggy 😋

"Not only is Texas Head Coach Steve Sarkisian in the Texas A&M record book for the Most Passing Yards by an Opponent (536), he threw for more yards against Texas A&M than any Aggie quarterback has ever thrown in a game themselves, including OT games"

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1