Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

He's a legacy. They have a good recruiting staff and are well placed to win the new Big XII. They can match NIL. Don't aggy it up.

Just asking a question. Not trying to Aggie anything.  Sorry if I interrupted the chicken tender talk.  Have a good day.  

Edited by stork642

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

He seems to have decent size and should be able to gain weight.

Such a relief not to have someone start that opinion, "Judging by his frame..."

Seriously. Thanks. Thanks to you all for abandoning that preamble. You make the world better, and you make me better.

If we end up landing Hills I know the star-gazers will be disappointed, but he has offers from pretty much every SEC school.  And I've posted on here that posters on Tigerdroppings who've seen him play live have said he's really good and most have said they wish LSU would push harder for him.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we end up landing Hills I know the star-gazers will be disappointed, but he has offers from pretty much every SEC school.  And I've posted on here that posters on Tigerdroppings who've seen him play live have said he's really good and most have said they wish LSU would push harder for him.

DL recruiting is going to be rough. The state is down, so Texas is going to have to go out of state. That is never easy, especially at a premium position like DT. Bo is going to have to earn his paycheck this year. 

Until Texas starts winning 10+ games a year, DL recruiting is going to be difficult especially in cycles when the talent level in state is bad. Though Davis got both Coburn and Ojomo drafted. He's going to get Sweat, Collins, and Murphy drafted next year. That will help as well.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Speaking of DL….Terrance Hibbler (committed to Miss State a few weeks ago) told OB he is still coming in for an OV this weekend.

Would love to see 2 commits at DT this weekend. Texas needs to lay a foundation for DT. There will be a lot of tough recruitments there, so getting in 2 in June would be a big relief. 

Just now, Codaxx said:

Would love to see 2 commits at DT this weekend. Texas needs to lay a foundation for DT. There will be a lot of tough recruitments there, so getting in 2 in June would be a big relief. 

Would seem like January and Hills are the two most likely at this point. Then keep swinging on Hibbler and the other OOS DT’s.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If we can get Wingo, then I don't even care about Hudson. Especially considering how the portal is loaded every year with talent.

Losing Hudson sucks. He is a great player and close to home. That said, he isnt worth melting down over. Now if Texas loses Cruz, that is meltdown worthy. 

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

Losing Hudson sucks. He is a great player and close to home. That said, he isnt worth melting down over. Now if Texas loses Cruz, that is meltdown worthy. 

We don't seem to have that much homefield advantage in CenTex for bluechips. Complete spitballing, but it might be from Austin being a big city with lots of transplants.

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We don't seem to have that much homefield advantage in CenTex for bluechips. Complete spitballing, but it might be from Austin being a big city with lots of transplants.

I wont even bitch at the coaches, if Hudson picks Tech. The kid may choose to play out in West Texas and get a poor education, when he had his pick of any school. Just a weird decision.

Edited by Codaxx

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Based on the title and URL, I'm guessing Micah Hudson cancelled

Spoiler

Lake Belton five-star WR Micah Hudson just reached out to me and confirmed that he will not be making the trip to Austin this weekend for his official visit to Texas. The official visit was originally set to start Saturday evening after Hudson has concluded bracket play with his Lake Belton team in the State Championship 7on7 Tournament in College Station.

Hudson also confirmed with me that he will be arriving in College Station a day ahead of the tournaments pool play on Friday, in order to unofficially visit Texas A&M on Thursday. Throughout this recruitment there have been times where Texas A&M has had some serious momentum, but right now I don't see them in the main group of legitimate contenders that consists of Texas Tech and Texas.

Hudson's good friend and fellow Lake Belton top-50 overall teammate Selman Bridges is still expected to arrive in Austin on Friday night for his Texas official visit after he wraps up pool play earlier in the same day.

There is still hope on the Texas side that they'll be able to set up an official with Hudson later on in the fall for an in-season official visit. As I've previously reported, I'm still higher on the Longhorns chances of landing Hudson if the recruitment can go into the fall with the five-star uncommitted.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I didn't watch the OB show but a friend of mine did and said Suchomel hinted some news might be dropping tomorrow regarding Hudson.. I'm thinking he's probably going to announce his commitment to Tech.

f81eba61-64a1-4b3e-90a8-eb2471536374_tex

44 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I didn't watch the OB show but a friend of mine did and said Suchomel hinted some news might be dropping tomorrow regarding Hudson.. I'm thinking he's probably going to announce his commitment to Tech.

Sure, Jan. 

Fucking Thiefery357 over here, eating ham, shitting spam, and employing Anwar Richardson. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Would seem like January and Hills are the two most likely at this point. Then keep swinging on Hibbler and the other OOS DT’s.

These two are coming in this weekend for OV's.

https://247sports.com/player/tj-lindsey-46129383/

https://247sports.com/player/jayden-jackson-46136906/

And I still don't get January's ranking.  His hudl is 12+ minutes of domination and he was blowing up the North Shore OL the entire championship game.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls