Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

That’s @closetojumping.

That’s an under the radar recruit they’re trying to keep a wrap on - Jagger McJaggerson. Dude has been lighting west Texas 6 Man football up like a Christmas tree. 

Also, it could be the love child of Case McCoy and Jordan Shipley’s mother.  He looks like a less grim version of Herpa. 

35 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Gerry just said something like, “This is what you’ve all been waiting for.

Hi.” 

His code for something big has happened.

Also reiterated Simmons will play in the SEC, and Miami isn’t in the SEC, so…

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That’s an under the radar recruit they’re trying to keep a wrap on - Jagger McJaggerson. Dude has been lighting west Texas 6 Man football up like a Christmas tree. 

Also, it could be the love child of Case McCoy and Jordan Shipley’s mother.  He looks like a less grim version of Herpa. 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I did not want to say but when I first saw his picture today I thought, that guy no longer needs to bring a camera he can just use his phone.

2 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

So this is what passes for “highbrow humor” on Surly.

Sad…. 

I watched a poster named “Kenny Powders” get crowd sourced this morning, but not before he posted a pic of a woman? with inflatable tits and lips to match. So a Dr. Livingstone joke is kinda sophisticated in comparison.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’ve watched college football a long time, and every single national title game has a touchdown caught by a dude that looks exactly like this.

Dude has a couple of traits.  He knows a G chord, is a “possession” receiver and wears a hat. Was his dad roommates with Cooper Manning in College?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, poconolonghorn said:

Cancel that, it says it starts in 6 minutes.

You were half right, they're doing this shorter one and will be doing a longer one tonight.

sounds like they are expecting a committment between now and this evening. 

"I threw the "hi" out on the thread, I wasn't joking guys. Be patient" - Gerry

"hahha ifykyk" - bobby

Bobby seemed excessively happy during this short live.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Dominick McKinley and family sighting 

89F8D11F-F12B-4A18-AD36-789A1D0349AB.jpeg

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry said his mom and brother told him to put the hat on and were ecstatic about the visit. His little brother is a 2026 recruit who already has p5 offers as well. 

hoping the “There’s always a mom” statement works in our favor for once 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Every year the recruiting board works itself into a frenzy at some point during the summer, thinking that Texas is going to get errybody. I think it’s reached that point. 

0c07ebbae3e06e9d6f8005254f762769.gif

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry said his mom and brother told him to put the hat on and were ecstatic about the visit. His little brother is a 2026 recruit who already has p5 offers as well. 

Brother's profile: https://www.on3.com/db/darryus-mckinley-176722/recruiting/

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Suchomel forecasted Saina and Kibble to Texas.

Texas is going to wipe out the top of aggy's OL board. Gerry mentioned that Kibble moved up his timetable. He is the likely OL FOMO recruit this year. He was previously going to take a fall visit, but his family called Texas this week to come for a visit this weekend.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Texas is going to wipe out the top of aggy's OL board. Gerry mentioned that Kibble moved up his timetable. He is the likely OL FOMO recruit this year. He was previously going to take a fall visit, but his family called Texas this week to come for a visit this weekend.

Just to add on to this, they've been pretty confident in the OT from Beaumont, Weston Davis, and he just got Fong'd to LSU.

I have no idea what the aggy OL board looks like, but they have been confident at some point in them landing Davis and Kibble.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls