Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Good lord. If they land Mack this quickly, wow. Win this season and they’re going to have a top 1-3 class with this kind of shit happening. 

Texas Recruiting 2024 - Now We Have a Machine Gun. Ho Ho Ho. 

That's a great thread title.

If only @Reese Bennett could figure out how to edit

• Haha 1

After reading the LSU whiningcthis week, i fully expect if i ever wondered onto a Bama or GA board they would be bemoaning schools buying players and talking about how hard it is to find good wholesome team guys who just love to play football and aren't all about money.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Good lord. If they land Mack this quickly, wow. Win this season and they’re going to have a top 1-3 class with this kind of shit happening. 

image.thumb.png.02207809cb5ec5e2031d490ffff03c01.pngimage.png.fc3f4cff4c6f8ffba80dbca9dcfbb03f.png

Edited by Longhornlove
File size
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I like them questioning why anyone would go to Texas to play when recent history shows a pattern of underachievement. Seems the same could have been said of their baseball and women's basketball programs. 

2 hours ago, EyeSlapMidgets said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t one of the $9.95 say they were expecting 3 more commits before the end of America’s birthday (after our last string of commits)? Should we be expecting 3 commits today?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

At least 3 by Sunday, but not by today. That’s my view, and I haven’t seen any $9.95ers say anything more bullish than that. 

That was me I think, probably overstated on the fourth but there’s going to be a large rush this week…and don’t call me a 9.95er

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

A pretty common take on the LSU boards that's pretty funny is how we aren't developing players.  Sure, they'd be right with Chuck and Tom still here, but this staff showed last year that they can develop.  Sanders, Banks, Jones, Barron, Ford, DL guys just to name a few.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

A pretty common take on the LSU boards that's pretty funny is how we aren't developing players.  Sure, they'd be right with Chuck and Tom still here, but this staff showed last year that they can develop.  Sanders, Banks, Jones, Barron, Ford, DL guys just to name a few.

A lot of that is bullshit too...Do you think Sanders and Banks took a ton of effort to develop? 5 stars are 5 stars for a reason. And Bijan and Roshon, Coburn and Ojomo threw that lack of development line out of the window a few months ago, anyway. It is just grasping at straws at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

IMG_1261.gif

IMG_1262.gif

IMG_1263.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

That was me I think, probably overstated on the fourth but there’s going to be a large rush this week…and don’t call me a 9.95er

You mightve been mixing our recruiting with FAU's.

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Times like this I miss Jason Higdon and his after cycle break down. I REALLY want to know what LSU lied to Simmons about. Surely it wasn't just money?

(joking about the Higdon thing, please be gentle)

Lol my friend

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Times like this I miss Jason Higdon and his after cycle break down. I REALLY want to know what LSU lied to Simmons about. Surely it wasn't just money?

you have your answer…
6 27 10 34 78

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

A lot of that is bullshit too...Do you think Sanders and Banks took a ton of effort to develop? 5 stars are 5 stars for a reason.

Thank you.  75% of developing nfl players is recruiting nfl players.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I think it was NIL stuff.  Like, when you get to campus you will get $x and he probably talked to others and found out they're full of shit

51 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I seem to remember some reporters doing this after, was there anything like this for the recent class?

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls