Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

36 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

247 had him as a 3*, but he was a composite 4*

247 had that right. He was looking at a total mechanics rebuild. Maybe he figures that out, but I think the move to RB was the best thing for everyone. Idk that Roschon could have maximized to the level he did anywhere else. 

Edit to add: Ian Boyd couldn’t stop pining for a move to lb. IB, we got one of those, that’s a David Gbenda. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, ousux said:
7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:
If the staff trusted a recruit enough, would it be fun optics to have them show to the aggy pool party and then commit to Texas the day or week after?

Why not same day? If you're gonna get savage may as well go all in.

While he's there

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Holy shit, I completely forgot the Grant Tisdale vs. Roschon Johnson debate.  At least one of the 995ers (EJ?) was really upset at that one, IIRC.

It was EJ. Tisdale was a classic DFW maxed-out camp + 7v7 superstar, so EJ was fanboying all over him.

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Holy shit, I completely forgot the Grant Tisdale vs. Roschon Johnson debate.  At least one of the 995ers (EJ?) was really upset at that one, IIRC.

Funny part is it was a debate over who would be a great QB. 

Edited by Codaxx

10 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

https://lionsports.net/sports/football/roster/grant--tisdale/9117

man EJ thought Tisdale was the future and Texas coaches were idiots to not take him. 

EJ was also bad at his job. 

Haha, wait, is that picture right?

image.jpeg.f13ef40673b1030000be32f93e617ed0.jpeg

No (reverse) Katfid, but I would have never connected that is the same guy from his 247 picture 

image.thumb.jpeg.cb7944eb9998557950a82ee5a7ed8b2a.jpeg

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

One commitment that could pop at any time is Omeozulu. It’s a matter of Texas clarifying some things for the family. When that happens, a commitment will follow or suddenly he’ll be trending towards not Texas. 

If Zina didnt have a brother already on campus would Texas really be recruiting him?

I can’t wait for smaller schools to start trying to call for a “cap number” on NIL spending. We will shoot that down quickly but I’m surprised this hasn’t already been brought to the table. Saw the quote “busey will be an overspend” and wondered why are kids still 4 and 5 stars they should just be 1 million, 1.2, 100k or so players. 

9 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I can’t wait for smaller schools to start trying to call for a “cap number” on NIL spending. We will shoot that down quickly but I’m surprised this hasn’t already been brought to the table. Saw the quote “busey will be an overspend” and wondered why are kids still 4 and 5 stars they should just be 1 million, 1.2, 100k or so players. 

We won't shoot it down, the courts will. 

12 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We won't shoot it down, the courts will. 

What Mitch said. 

1 hour ago, goathumper said:

If Zina didnt have a brother already on campus would Texas really be recruiting him?

There are concerns about his frame being able to add good weight. There are also concerns about mediocre junior tape. His upside outweighs those concerns, hence the regional brands putting in the effort for him.

1 hour ago, FreeHorn said:

https://lionsports.net/sports/football/roster/grant--tisdale/9117

man EJ thought Tisdale was the future and Texas coaches were idiots to not take him. 

EJ was also bad at his job. 

https://gofrogs.com/sports/football/roster/grant-tisdale/15414

He's at TCU now - his fourth! school. But if he didn't play at SLU, there's no hope at TCU.

Edited by MuellerHorn

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls