Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thank the alums and OneFund that went back in over the top this week. 

That's what I heard. A few days ago, I offered info that I know a national writer for one of the big 9.95ers with substantial connections to Texas. They said it was going to be LSU.

Update yesterday. "It's now Texas. They dropped a big (NIL) bag."

As @closetojumping said many times, Texas wouldn't lose this recruitment due to NIL.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Glad this didn't turn into another David Warren recruitment.

In case you aren't old enough to remember Warren, he was the number one player in the state in 1996.  A defensive end like Simmons from Tyler.  Supposedly decided on Texas the day before signing day and then said when he woke up the next morning he had changed his mind to Florida State. 

Edited by JOSEYWALES66
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

live view at LSU bitching about how classless the hat thing was and that Simmons and Texas deserve each other for such classless behavior(note similar reaction would be occuring here if he picked them But he didn't!)

we suck again GIFwho framed roger rabbit crying GIF

Are they really bitching about that?  Almost every single recruit does a hat fake now, including the RB that committed to them 5 minutes before Simmons.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Are they really bitching about that?  Almost every single recruit does a hat fake now, including the RB that committed to them 5 minutes before Simmons.

I assume they're bitching about NIL. You know, the fans of the team that just bought a baseball championship with NIL.

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls