Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Maybe we can get back in on this guy?  Arnett looks like a disaster waiting to happen and they may not win another game.

https://www.on3.com/db/terrance-hibbler-157823/

Texas’ 2024 DL board would be a fascinating viewing. If Gerry says they’re done with McKinely, I wonder who they have higher. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/17/2023 at 9:16 PM, LCHorn said:

I guess I can share this now that it's been a few years and I think maybe @closetojumping or someone else has said this, too, but Herman did an in-home with Wilson and was observably intoxicated.  He was rumored to already be leaning to Ohio State but that sealed it.  Worse, either the Wilsons or the Lake Travis coaching staff relayed this to CDC directly and it was part of the explanation given to donors when they passed the hat around for Herman's buyout. 

Beating a very dead horse, but Herman was his own worst enemy. 

Texas money bags fired a guy in part because his alcoholism ruined a recruitment, and then the same money bags hired a guy who was publicly fired from his last head coaching position for alcoholism?

Dont Believe It GIF by Better Call Saul

Edited by lilMAC25

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I, for one, think we should blame @SydneyCarton for imposing this title change on us. Dear, sweet @Reese Bennett does not deserve to suffer the indignity of being revealed as a lame ass poor. 

Of all the sydney cartons in the world, @SydneyCarton is the sydney carton-est. 

YARN | You know, maybe I don't connect because I'm the rickest Rick there  is. | Rick and Morty (2013) - S01E10 | Video clips by quotes | fbe61c47 | 紗

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Gerry mentioned something today on the Livestream. He's in Orlando to see D. Robinson then he's going to another school to see someone else that he doesn't want to mention yet.

Any ideas?

Assuming it's a 2024, best guess is that it might be one of the Tampa-area prospects.

These guys have offers and visited UT at some point: TJ Moore (Clemson), Booker Pickett (Uncommitted), Jayden Jackson (OU). 

Solomon Williams also fits the profile, but expect it's not him given that his interest in UT is already very public - IIRC, he was going to visit last weekend.

Edited by derpyhorndog

16 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Assuming it's a 2024, best guess is that it might be one of the Tampa-area prospects.

These guys have offers and visited UT at some point: TJ Moore (Clemson), Booker Pickett (Uncommitted), Jayden Jackson (OU). 

Solomon Williams also fits the profile, but expect it's not him given that his interest in UT is already very public - IIRC, he was going to visit last weekend.

My guess is Booker Pickett whose dad went to Miami or Jonathan Echols who is committed to Tennessee.

2 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

It was Solomon Williams

F59F2E65-B33A-4559-A7C3-C5816A1686F3.thumb.jpeg.fb033e7e96c327d86e6b9d11a9ef773b.jpeg

He'd made it clear he was going to visit SW's school. Might be someone else.

Also, someone asked about RPM percentage for Weston Davis and Gerry's response was that if Davis actually makes his visit, he'll give percentages at that point. Sounds like he's a skeptic. 

Davis is visiting ATM this weekend, along with a number of 2024 guys. If Auburn beats them, it could get pretty funny.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

He'd made it clear he was going to visit SW's school. Might be someone else.

Also, someone asked about RPM percentage for Weston Davis and Gerry's response was that if Davis actually makes his visit, he'll give percentages at that point. Sounds like he's a skeptic. 

Davis is visiting ATM this weekend, along with a number of 2024 guys. If Auburn beats them, it could get pretty funny.

Probably a financially astute move for an aggy target, especially an aggy commit, to schedule a Texas visit the week after he has an aggy visit scheduled, and have it be public info before the aggy visit.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Wasn’t interest in Davis a little muted until another OT prospect decided (aside from Baker)? I forget who they were targeting. Or, did they like senior film? Or, did Aggie issues cause him to consider Texas again?

You may be remembering Daniel Calhoun - who committed to GA over us - who was stated as an OT but I'm pretty sure On3 said was recruited by us as IOL.