Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

2024 safety on Texas' radar, per Gerry

Houston, Texas – The Texas Longhorns staff evaluates and recruits through the whistle. And that means the senior year evaluations are well under way.

One of the 2024 prospects that has caught Texas’ attention early on this season is LaVonte Johnson.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound hard-hitting safety with cornerback foot quickness has been in contact with Texas defensive backs coach Terry Joseph and safeties coach Blake Gideon this season. That includes attending the Texas 40-14 win over Kansas September 30.

“It was good. I liked everything about. The atmosphere and everything was crazy. I really liked their DB’s. Everybody looks at their receivers because their receiver core is crazy, but I like their DB’s too. I looked at number two (Derek Williams) because I feel like I could be built like him one day. I think they are going to have a crazy season.”

After the game, Johnson spoke with Coach Terry Joseph.

“They just want to see me keep balling. They are going to recruiting me, and looking at me down the line. I expect to go back there (later this season).”

The son of former North Shore standout and LSU running back LaVar Johnson is playing his senior season at North Shore in a secondary that includes 5-star cornerback Devin Sanchez.

Visits coming up

Johnson is seeing his recruitment pick up as a senior at North Shore. That includes two new Power 5 programs that are talking about setting up an official visit.

Ole Miss: “I’ve been talking to Ole Miss about a visit. I talk to the school recruiter and corner coach. Ole Miss is looking at me at corner.”

Washington: “I’ve been talking to Washington too. They came up here like two days ago to check in on me. I expect to set up a visit (official) to Washington. Washington is looking at me as a safety.”

Kansas State, Houston and Oklahoma State are among the other schools that continue to be in contact with the Houston Area prospect.

Johnson played his junior season at C.E. King High. He played cornerback for the Panthers in 2022. Johnson is the No. 607 ranked prospect in the 2024 class nationally. He ranks as the No. 59 safety and No. 103 ranked senior in the Lone Star State.

Fucking thank you for posting some actual content. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Since oil isn't popping into $100 + territory before NSD1, aggy is stuck with James Fisher again, are sunflower seed bags really able to hold a ton of $???
The fuck it isn't shits at $90 a barrel and rising steadily past few months.

Their "NIL" may be growing but in the end, it doesn't matter as their model isn't sustainable.

Not sure who I want to lose this one.  Mizzou losing with Wingo visiting obviously helps.  LSU continuing to lose helps us with Louisiana recruits.
Undefeated or not, LSU beating Mizzou like they're expected to doesnt move the needle much if at all.

4 hours ago, turtlepond said:

Since oil isn't popping into $100 + territory before NSD1, aggy is stuck with James Fisher again, are sunflower seed bags really able to hold a ton of $???

Most likely, some aggy booster has figured out that buying a whole roster of 5stars with $2 million in NIL money  is a lot damn cheaper than $80 million to buy out Jimbo.

So they might as well just spend the money on players, and hope that they can build a roster that any moron (e.g. Chizik, Orgeron, Lesley Miles, Jimbo, etc.) could win a championship with.

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Most likely, some aggy booster has figured out that buying a whole roster of 5stars with $2 million in NIL money  is a lot damn cheaper than $80 million to buy out Jimbo.

So they might as well just spend the money on players, and hope that they can build a roster that any moron (e.g. Chizik, Orgeron, Lesley Miles, Jimbo, etc.) could win a championship with.

I don't know if this is true, but it's best explanation I've heard of how that goofball motherfucker is still pulling it off. It's just madness.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I think it’s more than that. As others have stated, aggy thinks by denying Texas quality DL it’ll lower our program ceiling. 

I don’t understand why they’re not spending the same amount on OL. It’s gotta be an Addazio issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1