Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

38 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's almost like the guy who has coached OL for almost 30 years knows what he is doing?

we hear about how shitty Conor and Majors are, but they have started every game possible under Flood.

i am going to choose to listen to Kyle Flood over Chucklefuck98167 who has 15,000 posts on here.

I mean there are hours of videos showing Conner to be horrible at playing LG. What we don't see is practice and because of that he's likely the best at the position, but he's also one of the worst starting P5 OG in the country, I am also sure that someone with a PFF sub can post their rankings of the Texas OL.

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I mean there are hours of videos showing Conner to be horrible at playing LG. What we don't see is practice and because of that he's likely the best at the position, but he's also one of the worst starting P5 OG in the country, I am also sure that someone with a PFF sub can post their rankings of the Texas OL.

image.gif.052f9d8a5114d74396a286ad6e1af946.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

one of the worst starting P5 OG in the country? lol

John Candy Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, NoName said:

it's almost like the guy who has coached OL for almost 30 years knows what he is doing?

we hear about how shitty Conor and Majors are, but they have started every game possible under Flood.

i am going to choose to listen to Kyle Flood over Chucklefuck98167 who has 15,000 posts on here.

Chuckie Finster | Backstory Wiki | Fandom

14 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Let’s make sure we aren’t over-confident because most of our players are  available against the frogs.

Luckily I'm just sitting here holding my dick in Houston, not going to affect the team positively or negatively.

• Haha 2

I love being in short yardage situations and seeing Conner looking back into our backfield with his whole body facing our RBs getting tackled behind the LOS. 

I also love when he’s the pulling guard and gets stonewalled in the hole our RB is trying to go through. 

guy gets absolutely no push in run game. Hell DJ Campbell is grading out higher in pass pro than him. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I love being in short yardage situations and seeing Conner looking back into our backfield with his whole body facing our RBs getting tackled behind the LOS. 

I also love when he’s the pulling guard and gets stonewalled in the hole our RB is trying to go through. 

guy gets absolutely no push in run game. Hell DJ Campbell is grading out higher in pass pro than him. 

Before Cam played last week he was also most likely to false start.

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

You’re probably right. Coach Flood obviously doesn’t watch the games. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Career outlook not looking great for the Katy Taylor Bros. 

One will probably be an engineer at Boeing. The other will live in his mother’s guest room and post on TexAgs. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Early on I thought they had him pulling to get him out of the way.

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Career outlook not looking great for the Katy Taylor Bros. 

One will probably be an engineer at Boeing. The other will live in his mother’s guest room and post on TexAgs. 

Conner changed his degree to Geography - less aeronautics, more earth science

https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/geography/undergraduate-program/

• Hook 'Em 2

It will be written of these pages:

There were a few valiant efforts to return the thread to recruiting. Efforts with real news and something to discuss. Still, the flood of dick-headed football board fuckwad fuckery was impossible to stem. One fungus showed up to complain about a player, and the rest stormed the thread like flesh-eating jock rash. 

O, for the satisfying sting from the nozzles of Lamisil spray. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It will be written of these pages:

There were a few valiant efforts to return the thread to recruiting. Efforts with real news and something to discuss. Still, the flood of dick-headed football board fuckwad fuckery was impossible to stem. One fungus showed up to complain about a player, and the rest stormed the thread like flesh-eating jock rash. 

O, for the satisfying sting from the nozzles of Lamisil spray. 

“Efforts with real news and something to discuss. “

That’s not a sentence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

“Efforts with real news and something to discuss. “

That’s not a sentence. 

I support Roma. He's clearly aiming for momentum and narrative flow over pure "correct" English, which is absolutely acceptable in prose and in marketing copy.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Seeing Conner come in at LT for Banks during the K-State game should probably dispel any notions about Conner getting displaced barring a major leap in pass protection and general blocking awareness from Neto/Hutson.
Conner may not be the most effective blocker, but he GENERALLY knows what is going on and who he should be blocking.

What does it matter when he physically can't make a lot of those blocks and has little interest in contact?

Conner had one of his best games at Texas last week. It was the first time I can remember him actually making some pads pop. Probably an outlier but hopefully they can continue to tap into whatever they did in the week leading up to the game, because just like with Majors, no matter how many fans yearn for an alternative, coaches tend not to bench multi year starters. Also Hutson appears to be first off the bench and he’s not an upgrade, so there’s that.
  • Like 1

From LSU 247 regarding Drelon Miller:

One new school working its way into the mix is Texas. The Longhorns offered Miller early in his high school career, but their pursuit has been inconsistent. Texas wide receivers coach Chris Jackson has been in contact over the past few weeks, and Miller is considering a visit to Austin when the Longhorns host Texas Tech the day after Thanksgiving. Though they
haven't been into his recruitment as much as the other schools, a source indicated that Miller has always been intrigued by Texas. If the Longhorns make a strong and consistent push they could suddenly become heavy contenders.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Conner changed his degree to Geography - less aeronautics, more earth science

https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/geography/undergraduate-program/

During his recruitment and after committing, he always spoke of the aerospace program. After he enrolled, I checked his major listed on the roster somewhere along the way, and his major was listed as physics instead. Not sure if he ever actually was majoring in aerospace engineering or not since I didn't check it early on.

definition: precipice

precipice /prĕs′ə-pĭs/

noun

1. An overhanging or extremely steep mass of rock, such as a crag or the face of a cliff.
  2. The brink of a dangerous or disastrous situation.
    "on the precipice of defeat."
  3. A headlong fall; an abrupt descent.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition