Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

16 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas Tech is #50 in offensive efficiency per ESPN (will drop after tonight). Last year they finished #54.

That's with an absolute stud at RB In Tahj Brooks. Micah Hudson signing up to play for Kittley is laughably dumb. 

He’s been a cunt through the entire recruiting process. 

If you watched that cut of Sark talking about culture from earlier this week, and then transpose the cuntiness of Hudson, and the talk of Evan Stewart portaling here, and still think we should bring them in, then you’ve missed the entire point.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

He’s been a cunt through the entire recruiting process. 

If you watched that cut of Sark talking about culture from earlier this week, and then transpose the cuntiness of Hudson, and the talk of Evan Stewart portaling here, and still think we should bring them in, then you’ve missed the entire point.

I disagree on Stewart. He's an elite talent in a contract year. 

He's a similar caliber player as Worthy and you see what those type players can do for you. I think Stewart is 100% worth the risk. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Ok. You do you.

This locker room is about as tight as any team I’ve ever followed. Why fuck it up with some bitch that takes practice off, smokes weed in the locker room and has quit on two teams already?

I think Stewart is playing for a million $ contract next year. 

He's a game changer much like Worthy is. I get where you are coming from but damn he's talented and will be the best WR in the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Feels like maybe, based on hall and billingsly, that they are willing to see if our culture can change a player because they are confident that a player can’t change our culture.  

Yeah, but Hall and Billingsley are nowhere near as talented as Stewart. 

I see those two as bad takes because they just weren't all that good to begin with. Stewart is an absolute stud. If it doesn't work it doesn't work but the upside is worth the risk. 

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Ok. You do you.

This locker room is about as tight as any team I’ve ever followed. Why fuck it up with some bitch that takes practice off, smokes weed in the locker room and has quit on two teams already?

I'll answer. You may be right, but he is what I think. Next year is Stewart's contract year. If he comes here and plays hard, it should get a great NFL contract. If he comes here and brings that crap with him, Sark will sit his ass and that could give NFL teams a pause about where to draft him. A great year could be worth far more than what any school is willing to pay him. Just my .02. 

9 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You can cry about while our own receivers tearing it up next year, if you want to. I’m going to focus on the Texas boys.

These were the same type of responses 2 years ago when we only had 1 good WR. 

Do you think I give a shit that AD Mitchell wasn't a "Texas boy" until this year? Not one bit. I like winning personally. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Do you think I give a shit that AD Mitchell wasn't a "Texas boy" until this year? Not one bit. I like winning personally. 

I’m confident this staff will have good players on the roster with less baggage. Fuck Evan Stewart.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Adonai is from Mo City, so he is indeed a “Texas boy”.

AcKsHuLly!

Ok, I’ll show myself out.  I’ve cunted up this thread.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Hell yea, that year we were basically only throwing to Worthy was dope. Oh wait, that was last year and it sucked ass. Let’s get another badass. 

We aren’t in the same position at all. That’s my point. Cook has the same skill set as Stewart without the potential drama. There will be other bad ass receivers in the portal if we aren’t satisfied with what is on campus. We have other receivers on the roster that were not here last year. I never said we shouldn’t bring in a transfer, though. We just don’t have to have Stewart if he’s going to be a locker room cancer. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

We aren’t in the same position at all. That’s my point. Cook has the same skill set as Stewart without the potential drama. There will be other bad ass receivers in the portal if we aren’t satisfied with what is on campus. We have other receivers on the roster that were not here last year. I never said we shouldn’t bring in a transfer, though. We just don’t have to have Stewart if he’s going to be a locker room cancer. 

We also have a 6’2 205-210 lbs kid that runs 10.5 100 that looks like an AJ brown starter kit coming in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

There isn't going to be a WR in the portal as talented as Stewart. Not even close. 

Gerry has already reported that the schools likely to land Stewart are Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, and Texas. Do those schools sound like slouches? Some of you are kidding yourself if Stewart hits the portal. Everyone is going to be after him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There isn't going to be a WR in the portal as talented as Stewart. Not even close. 

Gerry has already reported that the schools likely to land Stewart are Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, and Texas. Do those schools sound like slouches? Some of you are kidding yourself if Stewart hits the portal. Everyone is going to be after him. 

Just STFU already. Go talk about this in front of the mirror.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Guys, we got the best and starting WR from a team that won their 2nd national championship in a row last year that then proceeded to catch 10 TDs from a loaded QB room and was part of a 11-1 team.  I think we will have no issues finding an elite WR.  Hell… the first person I’m calling is Zachariah Branch and asking him if he’d like to showcase his talents in the SEC on a championship caliber team while living in ATX and making NiL.  

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 6