Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Just make up bullshit about Texas quietly reaching out to Ivy so when he sticks, you can sell it as the new coaching staff beat out Texas. Didn't Ivy suffer a shoulder injury, if so, then I would imagine Texas has no interest in a damaged player.

Yeah, it could be true but I haven't seen a single Texas site mention Ivy.

This smells like aggy setting up a recruiting victory over Texas. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, it could be true but I haven't seen a single Texas site mention Ivy.

This smells like aggy setting up a recruiting victory over Texas. 

I'm not 100% sure that I remember it precisely, but I think Gerry mentioned in one of the streams recently that Texas is not pursuing Ivy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"Mike Elko has already shown that Sark, even with a playoff appearance, can't come and take the highly rated OL aggy commit.  If Sark can't pull this off under the circumstances, then what chance does he have against the Elk with the 25' recruits?  A fear is building in Austin, TX and this is just the start of big things that the Elk is about to do" - Looch.

I can't yell if this is real or fake , and wouldnt be surprised either way 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Apparently we're in on Aaron Butler? Actually important info to know confirming we want 2 more WRs for next year and that 1 of the 2 can be a HS croot

Calabasas (Calif.) athlete and long time Colorado commit Aaron Butler has backed off his pledge and opened up his recruitment.

Butler committed to the Buffs back in May but is now back on the market.

“I respect what they are doing and how they are going about doing it, I’m just seeking something different for my collegiate experience,” Butler said.

“Long story short, it wasn’t the right fit for me.

“I wish them the best of luck on what they are building and have no doubts they will be successful. I have much love to the BuffNation and the staff. They have been nothing but supportive even before my commitment, and to this day. Please respect my decision.”

Butler is a talented two-way player who’s an explosive wide out and a shut down corner but is being recruited primarily as a receiver right now and that’s where he would like to play in college as well.

Butler took an unofficial visit to Washington a couple of weeks ago for the Apple Cup game and the Huskies are one school on his short list.

“I had a great visit and really loved it there,” Butler said. “I have so much respect for coach DeBoer as a coach and a person. There’s no fluff or frill with him.

“He’s someone who treats the janitor the same way he would treat the President of the country and I really like him a lot. Plus I love the offense and how they throw the ball and think UW could be a great fit.”

The Huskies don’t currently have an open scholarship for a ’24 receiver.

“Right now, it depends on if a couple of receivers go pro early,” Butler said. “If Ja’Lynn Polk were to leave early, that would open up a spot for me.

“If not, they would have to take a scholarship away from a defensive position. So there’s still things to work out there.”

Last week, Butler had a home visit with Texas WR coach Chris Jackson.

“It was a great home visit and my family really likes coach Jackson a lot,” Butler said. “We’ve been talking a lot more in recent weeks and then home visit was a chance to meet in person and get some clarity on the situation there.

“They have a lot of young receivers already but coach Jackson wants to bring in one more ’24 and I would be that guy. Coach Sark was planning on bringing in two guys from the portal. So we’re just waiting on that situation to see if they go with one portal and one high school player or two portals.”

One school that does have a spot for Butler now is Arizona. Brennan Carroll is the lead recruiter for Butler and has known the family for years.

“BC played tight end at Pitt with my dad,” Butler said. “He was a grade ahead of my dad and but that was back in ’99 and they have always been close.

“Arizona was one of my favorite schools before I committed to Colorado and they’re recruiting me hard. They’re coming in for a home visit early next week and when they do, I’m going to set up an official visit.”

UA head coach Jedd Fisch has made a big impact on Butler as well.

“I did a zoom call with coach Fisch and we spent 90 minutes watching film,” Butler said. “He’s the only head coach I’ve done that with. He showed me how I fit in and I loved how he broke things down for me.

“I love the offense and it’s a young, talented team. They have some really good young receivers and you can’t double team everyone. I think the offense would be an ideal fit for me so I’m excited to visit out there and see what happens.”

Butler is rated the No. 88 player nationally in the Top247 and will play in this year’s All-American Bowl. He’s an explosive pass catcher who can stretch the field and is very good after the catch. 

https://247sports.com/Article/four-star-wr-aaron-butler-backs-off-commitment-to-colorado-opens-up-recruitment-texas-longhorns-washington-huskies-arizona-wildcats--222725045/

https://247sports.com/Player/aaron-butler-46098986/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, bwub60 said:

Looks like Bobby and Gerry are bouncing from IT. 

Guessing Bobby is taking his YouTube national and is going to start adding content for other schools?  I assume Gerry is going with him?

People on IT have been bitching about the YouTube viewers getting free content that IT subscribers have to pay for - wonder if this was causing an issue. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"Mike Elko has already shown that Sark, even with a playoff appearance, can't come and take the highly rated OL aggy commit.  If Sark can't pull this off under the circumstances, then what chance does he have against the Elk with the 25' recruits?  A fear is building in Austin, TX and this is just the start of big things that the Elk is about to do" - Looch.

I know this is satire but Bravo. Really. Almost fooled me

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I am not sure if he has any ownership in On3, but considering he and Terry have always been hand in hand through Rivals and 247, I bet he does.

He’s said previously that he was an investor in On3. 

Re: Gerry - per Nahlin’s clarification it sounds like Gerry is going to be a national reporter for On3.

What the fuck is a national recruiting analyst? The $9.95 value comes from guys driving to high schools and building contacts for inside info.

If you're just sitting on your ass in an office, what are you going to say about recruits thousands of miles away that has value worth paying for?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Vermin said:

What the fuck is a national recruiting analyst? The $9.95 value comes from guys driving to high schools and building contacts for inside info.

If you're just sitting on your ass in an office, what are you going to say about recruits thousands of miles away that has value worth paying for?

If you've followed Gerry over the years you know he won't be sitting in an office. 

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Vermin said:

He'll have a region - which for Gerry will probably stretch from Texas to Florida.  He'll be able to report on all recruits in that area - not just the ones Texas is looking at.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Steve Witfong is a national recruiting analyst. Have you ever heard of him? 

it’s almost like guys in those positions are good at their jobs, and people all over talk to them because they know shit, and it’s a two way street. 

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He'll have a region - which for Gerry will probably stretch from Texas to Florida.  He'll be able to report on all recruits in that area - not just the ones Texas is looking at.

Is basically what he does and has been doing for years but doesn’t get any credit for doing…

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Sounds like IT's value just took a nosedive. They got a dollar out of me once, but I didn't really see the value.

Gerry is fantastic though. Bobby is the OG. The others...meh. Joe Cook seems alright.

Bobby and Gerry are worth the price of admission. Nahlin is Ketch without the hamburgers and fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

They are leaving IT, so they will be doing only YouTube?
I would, you have people throwing down $10+$50 in super chat questions just on the OTF coffee YT session. It's got to be much more lucrative.

If they decided to charge for content it's a much better business proposition than listening to a bunch of whining asshats who pay $9.95 a month.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Never understood why Bobby and Gerry teamed up with Nahlin and Wells.  Those two make up shit and have no actual sources.  Bobby and Gerry were driving all the content and I’m not sure why anyone would pay IT a penny when you can get all the info for fee in YouTube and make a donation if you want.  Honestly, Bobby just needs to keep doing videos with Gerry , Rod, Drew Kelson. and Matt the producer.  Those are the only guys worth listening to that have real content.

Why pay a penny? Do u even ian boyd bro? 

On 12/7/2023 at 10:41 PM, Getafix said:

From Gator 247, the first few responses to the Roach article above.

Perhaps because this comes on the heels of Robinson, Mack, and Gibson, I notice a certain ... ah ... lack of warmth, of friendliness, of their characteristic bonhomie ... 

image.thumb.png.2ee3c623c44c99283118d71a6f3abcb2.png

image.thumb.png.807f898ed685a64e2b83637db1d7b210.png

image.thumb.png.a4a671f8368930c5f39fad8f4e5b8c28.png

The last one is absolute chefs kiss