Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, salonghorn said:

All of you talking about registration. You haven't experienced anything like the 60s in  Gregory Gym. It was hot. It was crowded. Sometimes waiting from Monday morning until Friday afternoon for a closed class that you wanted to open up. Afraid to even go to the RR in fear that it might open and then close again while you were taking a piss.  That was the real back in the day. 

My mother told me about that.  Course she also had to put on a dress to walk across campus for PE and then change.

1 hour ago, salonghorn said:

All of you talking about registration. You haven't experienced anything like the 60s in  Gregory Gym. It was hot. It was crowded. Sometimes waiting from Monday morning until Friday afternoon for a closed class that you wanted to open up. Afraid to even go to the RR in fear that it might open and then close again while you were taking a piss.  That was the real back in the day. 

Do you have a tin social security card?

5 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I would be disappointed with my kid as well if he was carrying proof that he was a member of the Schutzstaffel in his wallet...

He is hanging with a bad crowd, with Aggies.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

When people say remember the Alamo, do you?

When my MIL turned 80 I gave her a birthday card that said “Remember the the Alamo” on the front, and the inside “I bet you do”.

I signed it with a smiley face.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

When I was registering in person in the 80's, my dad had actually gone back to school as well.

He already had a successful career with a string of Big and Tall shops.

Anyway, the day of registration, I'm waiting in line with my buddy Derek.  Dad shows up and couldn't believe the lines, so he took matters into his own hands.

He had his limo driver pose out front of the building with a sign that said Bruce Springsteen.

Place cleared out quick....got into that Astronomy class!

That was Grand Lakes University

26 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

When I was registering in person in the 80's, my dad had actually gone back to school as well.

Anyway, the day of registration, I'm waiting in line with my buddy Derek.  Dad shows up and couldn't believe the lines, so he took matters into his own hands.

He had his limo driver pose out front of the building with a sign that said Bruce Springsteen.

Those were the days. Shit man, I really miss Dean Martin.

33 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

image.gif.dbfaf0c562e40b48cd597625b4c0708b.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Shit, Bo Davis leaving has signees Robinson & January considering options... both midterm enrollees.  

5:35 mark

Expected, but they won't be able to until the spring transfer window. Lets see who we wind up with as  DL coach and if Sark can smooth things out.

Spring window is April 15-30.

Edited by BornAndRaised

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Expected, but they won't be able to until the spring transfer window. Lets see who we wind up with as  DL coach and if Sark can smooth things out.

Spring window is April 15-30.

Yup, there's no counter-story yet. After the hire I'd imagine it will all calm down.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Didn’t Robinson do some flakey shit previously?  Seems like he’s seeking a reason not to be a Horn so I wouldn’t be surprised. 

He visited Florida. 

Not sure if that is construed as flakey considering recruits take post-commitment visits all the time.

Plus, kids will be kids and he's a kid.

Maybe wimmenz romancing each other was on the visit itinerary due to how Florida's season was going at the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

He visited Florida. 

Not sure if that is construed as flakey considering recruits take post-commitment visits all the time.

Plus, kids will be kids and he's a kid.

Maybe wimmenz romancing each other was on the visit itinerary due to how Florida's season was going at the time.

He visited Florida after telling the coaches he wasn’t visiting Florida. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Didn’t Robinson do some flakey shit previously?  Seems like he’s seeking a reason not to be a Horn so I wouldn’t be surprised. 

"Seeking a reason not to be a ____" is always the weirdest phrase about guys who commit or are interested in a school. "Had a tough time with his decision and has lots of ties to Florida" would be more accurate.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is the good stuff

Screenshot_20240113_171450_Chrome.jpg

I’m always blinded by the stupidity of other fanbases to believe what they say with no knowledge of situations. It’s crazy to think ketchup is the say all of Texas athletics.