NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Jordan avoided all video games (except ironically Michael Jordan in Chaos in the Windy City, which isn't even a basketball game).

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

It’s not just Reddit, he’s getting it on Twitter as well. 

Oh no! Reddit AND Twitter are on his ass!!! What will he do now?

The haters going to hate either way, he can do what he wants. 

He wants to get better as a QB and learn for another year as a backup before taking over a loaded Texas team with a truly great playcaller. 

It’s actually more interesting to see what happens with his valuable name image and likeness without his consent instead of the $600. 

Before every single player was in the game but called QB #16 and it was obviously that player. I don’t think EA can get away with using their likeness without compensation anymore. It will be funny to see what they do. Randomly generated guy or maybe generic guy who knows

3 hours ago, WBT said:

s-l1600.jpg

The definitive basketball video game

Posted (edited)

If this was a aggy backup qb we would all be making fun of him….   It’s a pretty dumb stance to take and if the family was involved in the decision, they made a bad choice.  Terrible PR move rather you like it or not.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm having a difficult time understanding both sides of this. He doesn't want to be in a lame, cash-grabbing video game that's feeding off of 2000s nostalgia. How does that make him a pussy? 

Also, I don't get the side that applauds this as some "moral", old-school decision. His last name is Manning. Recognition and money aren't issues he needs to worry about. 

The fact that this is even news is why I've started to completely check out during the off-season outside of Spring ball. 

TL;DW version: "Who fucking cares? Texas fans will play it because Texas is in the game; LSU fans will play it because LSU is in the game; Oklahoma fans will do meth and aggy will fuck sheep."

ok I added the last two...

• Like 1

Maybe Arch and the Manning's are going to come out with their own video game, based on the Manning passing academy. Maybe Arch doesn't want to be a back up video game QB. Maybe I don't give a shit and will buy the game anyways. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

Pickell nailed it

I love how everyone is conflating the fact that this was a report from Anwar fucking Richardson who did a shit job in giving a reason and likely never spoke to Arch or his family directly about it, versus Arch actually coming out and saying anything about it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Aw, wtf. Terrible.

I remember the old game didn't have the Butkus Award. EA just replaced it with a generic "Linebacker of the Year" award in RTG mode.

But now it looks like the only award that will be in the game is the Heisman Trophy.

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

No end-of-season awards in dynasty mode 😒

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

Aw, wtf. Terrible.

Honest question:  Why does that matter?  Wont they just have a similar name that everybody will know its the Maxwell or Heisman or whatever?

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Honest question:  Why does that matter?  Wont they just have a similar name that everybody will know its the Maxwell or Heisman or whatever?

I took it as literal, but you're probably right. As long as there are the same awards with generic names, it's totally fine

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah the article says the NCFAA tried to negotiate a higher rights fee, saying their former inclusion in the games was undervalued. EA balked and will just put in their own generic awards.

Small bummer, but not really that significant to the dynasty mode experience.

The Heisman is operated by it's own entity so could still be in the game. Though I can only imagine the arrogance that group displays at the negotiating table.

Edited by LonghornSean

Yeah the article says the NCFAA tried to negotiate a higher rights fee, saying their former inclusion in the games was undervalued. EA balked and will just put in their own generic awards.
Small bummer, but not really that significant to the dynasty mode experience.

The Heisman is operated by it's own entity so could still be in the game. Though I can only imagine the arrogance that group displays at the negotiating table.

If this game is the sales hit everyone thinks, the awards will be in next year. I’d like to see EA tell them to fuck off then.

• 1 month later...

Xbox has been awesome so far. I know everyone was pumping ps5 but I hate that damn controller and I like gamepass. Plus having every old Xbox game since forever work and upgrade graphics is pretty sweet. 

Gamertag

bevo409

if anybody wants to play madden  

hoping ncaa is totally different though madden sucks now

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

Xbox has been awesome so far. I know everyone was pumping ps5 but I hate that damn controller and I like gamepass. Plus having every old Xbox game since forever work and upgrade graphics is pretty sweet. 

Gamertag

bevo409

Will PC/Xbox be cross platform?

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

Gamertag

bevo409

I'll add you. I only have Xbox 360 right now, saving up for a current Xbox console. Which is better? Series S or X?

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'll add you. I only have Xbox 360 right now, saving up for a current Xbox console. Which is better? Series S or X?

Just get the X. They are the same just the cheaper one doesn’t have a drive. Most things are download these days but if you have a 360 and a bunch of 360 games you want the drive so you can play those disks in the new console. 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I think they said it will be. Fingers crossed

Everyone keeps saying PC, I don’t think PC comes out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Yeah, everything ive heard was that pc was delayed at best.

It wouldnt surprise me to see PC come out in like August or September, but I know they have been pushing to get this out and get it right, so maybe they sacrificed PC this go around and wait until next year. 

• Like 1